Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Are u using lgs keyboard?

So i thought i give the lgs keyboard a shot for a week. I did not agree with it. Its slow and studdery and it just feels odd. Also its not as customizable i thought it be. If they updated it and made it better id try it again..

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Pure Stock Sense 4

Default Re: Are u using lgs keyboard?

Nope, SwiftKey

Sent from my LG-D850

I am. I'm pretty impressed with it. I liked being able to change the size because out of the box it was a bit small for my fingers

Posted via Android Central App

I tried for 5 days and had to give it up. It lagged quite a bit for me. I see lots of complaints of lag on the G3, and although the rest of the phone is lag free the keyboard was full of it in my experience.

Sent from my LG-D851
    Neibl likes this.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Used it for few days but it was missing few key features the regular nexus android google keyboard has. It was little small not big deal, the correction was bad, but I realize that would have improved dramatically over a week or so. The real BIG problem with autocorrect was when I hit the back key it didn't delete the auto corrected word which meant I then has to hit the back space a whole bunch depending on the corrected word so annoying once you use the google keyboard. The Google keyboard also is the perfect size. Really like the lg keyboard tho and that one allowance in options would make me consider it.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Im using https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.keyboard u can resize the keyboard but they are set options. Small normal large also there thumb mode and one handed

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by streetkilln; 07-25-2014 at 06:11 AM.

I used it for the first week but I just switched to a different keyboard called Kii and I love it.. Works soooo much better.. The lg was a bit choppy or something weird..

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

I found that turning off the vibration when you type got rid of the lag for me.

LG G3

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts

Been using it but I don't like it as much as the Motorola Swype I had. I miss my arrow keys and a few other things,also Swype on LG doesn't seem to be as good.
    Thinking of trying Google keyboard or purchasing actual Swype.

I usually install Swiftkey on everything and don't look back. Well I decided to give the LG keyboard a shot and I am very pleasantly surprised. It works very well. So well in fact I don't plan on switching to any other keyboard.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

I got so used to SwiftKey with Galaxy S3 so I just continued with it. I tried the LG keyboard but wasn't working for me.

The LG keyboard isn't bad..... But it isn't SwiftKey.

I like the keyboard, but where's the microphone button? I sometimes like to use voice rather than typing or swyping.

Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    I like the keyboard, but where's the microphone button? I sometimes like to use voice rather than typing or swyping.

Long press on the settings key

Thanked by:

I dedicated a key just for voice because i also switch between the three (typing and swyping).

Are u using lgs keyboard?-screenshot_2014-07-22-12-35-37.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post

Last edited by donm527; 07-25-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Yep I'm using it on my g2. Coming from a droid I like the number row a lot. Great experience with this keyboard

Can anyone tell me if the clip tray is a function of the LG keyboard? Or will I still be able to use it if I switch to a different keyboard?

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMento View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the clip tray is a function of the LG keyboard? Or will I still be able to use it if I switch to a different keyboard?

I think it's independent of the keyboard. It works with Swiftkey.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.
    Thanked by:
    JaiMento likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aggie View Post
    Long press on the settings key

How did I miss that? Thanks.

Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

I'm using TouchPal X keyboard with the android L theme.

If the LG kb had next word prediction, I'd still be using it, so...... Swiftkey it is.

I've been a long time fan of swiftkey. But sometimes I want to Swype. That was only ever my only gripe with swiftkey, as I felt it wasn't nearly good at that method of input. I've been using touch pal for a couple days now and it's become new favorite.. As I feel it's very good at not only swyping, but also tapping. Best of both worlds for me, I love it

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

I'm using it and I like it. I like it even better with the recently-released update (comes through their update utility, you don't have to wait for your carrier to do a new firmware).

Used to use SwiftKey, but it doesn't seem to get along with LG's UI all that well. I still use it on my G Pad, since that's got the older LG keyboard, but this new one is very competitive with the best 3rd party keyboards.
    frope01 likes this.

Using stock. It's a bit slow to respond and the predictive text sucks-unless I type very slowly- I'm not a particularly fast typer but this is a slow mofo. Wish there was more customization of the lower left and right customizable keys. I hate going over to the symbols menu to get comma, period, question mark, and exclamation. Even typing this took about 5 friggin minutes.

SwiftKey kicks off summer sale with new themes, price cuts | Android Central

I'm a sucker for updates and saw swiftkey had an update that addressed performance... and i missed the ice theme... so i installed it on my G3.

I always thought swiftkey ran well on my N4 and G2 so no surprise it runs well on the G3 and use to the predictive texting and performance.

But I have to say that except differences that may or may not matter to most, like how swiftkey has better next word prediction and slight key layouts, the LG keyboard runs as well as the swiftkey and I wouldnt have any issues living with the LG keyboard.

I wish swiftkey had height adjustment like the LG but I find that with the taller G3 screen, having the number bar up top is acceptable where on my G2 it took up so much screen that I didnt like the size of the typing area left and would eliminate the number bar. If the LG keyboard just had the same next word prediction that swiftkey has... then it would be perfect for me.

btw, I am using a plain white theme on the swiftkey now... i love the ice theme color and like the falling snow effect when swyping, but there is a huge lag in the beginning when you go into the app and press the typing area... a huge delay before the keyboard pops up then it's ok. but just irritating. with the other simpler themes it pops right up and runs smooth.

I'll play with the swiftkey for now but may just go back to the LG. But next word prediction it nice. Maybe next LG update hopefully.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast