So..... the LG G3 compared to iPhone 5s

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi! I DO NOT want the IOS android fan war here. I like them both. Thinking about going from 5s to the g3. Just a few HARDWARE comparisons if anyone has used both.
1) camera- is the g3 as good? Low light?
2) speaker- is g3 call quality as good on both external speaker and regular speaker.
3) Bluetooth- does it pair easily?
4) GPS- does it lock quickly and accurate?
5) Screen responsiveness - on keyboard and general phone navigation...as good as 5s?

Again no need for IOS vs Android...that part is not needed!!
Thanks for any help!!

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I DO NOT want the IOS android fan war here. I like them both. Thinking about going from 5s to the g3. Just a few HARDWARE comparisons if anyone has used both.
2) speaker- is g3 call quality as good on both external speaker and regular speaker.
5) Screen responsiveness - on keyboard and general phone navigation...as good as 5s?

Thanks for any help!!

Cant say a thing about camera,
Speakers are fine great quality,
Bluetooth works as it should,
Gos is depending on ur network cell provider,
Screen is amazing, navigation cant be easier.
One thing u got to worry about is the size its not really anything bigger than gs5, buT coming from iphone well u know..

overzeetop

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

I switched from an iPhone 5 to the G3 on Verizon, my wife has a the 5s. Here's what I've found so far:

The camera is very good, I think in low light there may be a touch more color noise. After so many awful android phone pictures I've seen this was a big deal for me. I've been very impressed with the camera and the video quality.

Speaker. The iP5 has a little better bass response. The G3 gets a little louder without distortion. The phone speaker seems a touch more muddy than on the iPhone, but it may have been the connection. It's acceptable, but neither of them (iP or G3) were really all that great to begin with. I'd say I like the iP5 better if I *had* to choose, but it's close.

Bluetooth...um, I haven't tried it yet. The last couple of chapters of my audiobook are on my old iPhone so I've been leaving the old phone in the car. Neither of my cars have useful speakerphones (aftermarket) so I never use it for that.

GPS seems accurate - Waze (my primary nav app) works as well as on the iPhone.

The phone is more responsive than the iP5. Stock keyboard was very nice - having the numbers is great, and symbols with a hold-press - but Swipe...holy $#!+ that's some serious awesome. After 3 days with the Swipe keyboard, typing without swipe is like going back to punchcard input.decks. There is no vertical sharing/skewing of the screen when you scroll like the iPhone (good), but it occassionally "catches" or pauses for a few ms when you scroll past a large picture in facebook. I haven't found any stuttering or responsiveness problems which were worse that my iP5.

The screen is gorgeous - my wife was rather jealous when she saw it. It's max brightness is about 80% of the iPhone, but it's been more than bright enough for everything I do (I rarely had my iPhone at 100% - usually at 60%). I'm a moderate user and get similar screen-on time (vs iP5) and a bit longer sleep time (on low-use days I could go 36-40 hours between needing to charge - essentially every other night).

Last edited:

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the G3 and 5S. The G3 camera is better in all aspects. Not better by a mile but it is better in all conditions. 5S has a better speaker, the G3 speaker in the rear sucks. Don't use Bluetooth. GPS works great with both phones. I don't think anything is as responsive as an iphone or should I say as responsive as IOS. I haven't touched my iPhone in almost two weeks. Love the G3.

Thanks for any help!!

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have the G3 and 5S. The G3 camera is better in all aspects. Not better by a mile but it is better in all conditions. 5S has a better speaker, the G3 speaker in the rear sucks. Don't use Bluetooth. GPS works great with both phones. I don't think anything is as responsive as an iphone or should I say as responsive as IOS. I haven't touched my iPhone in almost two weeks. Love the G3.
Have you tried the auxiliary jack for music to a car stereo or speaker? You may have sold me...thanks for the response!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
G3 camera is better. The keypad on the iphone is more responsive but not by much. GPS is the same on both phones. Bluetooth is easy and flawless on both devices. I use Bluetooth daily. Speaker for calls seem to be the same. I would say though for playing music via speaker though the iphone has a slight edge.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
G3 camera is better. The keypad on the iphone is more responsive but not by much. GPS is the same on both phones. Bluetooth is easy and flawless on both devices. I use Bluetooth daily. Speaker for calls seem to be the same. I would say though for playing music via speaker though the iphone has a slight edge.

Is the camera also better in low light on the g3?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!! There are some crazy threads going on about the auxiliary jack . It's confusing me a bit. I am leaning toward taking the g3 plunge. Need that screen!!

There will always be defective units, but I believe the vast majority will be fine :)

Just go ahead and place your order and be happy with your G3 :)

Posted via Android Central App

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5S before I got the G3 a couple of days ago. Like you I like them both. So far I love the G3 but I am sorely missing the iPod on the 5S. I've yet to find anything comparable in my opinion. Music doesn't sound as good through headphones but through blue tooth in my vehicle its just as good. Also the ease if making and using playlists isn't up to par with Apple either.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I had an iPhone 5S before I got the G3 a couple of days ago. Like you I like them both. So far I love the G3 but I am sorely missing the iPod on the 5S. I've yet to find anything comparable in my opinion. Music doesn't sound as good through headphones but through blue tooth in my vehicle its just as good. Also the ease if making and using playlists isn't up to par with Apple either.

Have u tried
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.doubleTwist.androidPlayer&token=tW53gVZf

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy