Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Amazing LG G3 battery!

I charged to 100% yesterday evening and used the phone for a bit before letting it sleep, still reading 100%. On waking it 12 hours later, battery was at 99% with 1115 hours standby remaining. Isn't that just something?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: Amazing battery!

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I charged to 100% yesterday evening and used the phone for a bit before letting it sleep, still reading 100%. On waking it 12 hours later, battery was at 99% with 1115 hours standby remaining. Isn't that just something?
    You have a kryptonite battery! :-)

Next time post a screenshot please.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    You have a kryptonite battery! :-)

Next time post a screenshot please.
    A good point about the screenshot, it didn't occur to me....sorry, all! But I promise you that's what it said. Next full charge I'll remember the screenshot.

Can't wait! Mine arrives today!

belodion likes this.

Since I turned of "OK Google", I'm getting great battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    I've never had the need for it and would prefer better battery life anyhow. How did you turn it off?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

How does one turn off the ok Google feature? My battery life is awesome, but I never use the ok Google feature.

google now> settings > voice then uncheck every thing which says "ok google"
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraWA View Post
    How does one turn off the ok Google feature? My battery life is awesome, but I never use the ok Google feature.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    So when you touch the microphone icon, nothing happens? Because when I touch it on my N5 and G3, it's ready for me, tho' I'd never want to use it and thought I had them both Off.

If you "touch" anything on screen it will work, Ok Google is feature which wakes google search from lock screen or when screen is off along with in the App
    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    So when you touch the microphone icon, nothing happens? Because when I touch it on my N5 and G3, it's ready for me, tho' I'd never want to use it and thought I had them both Off.

Thanked by:

Here we go with the 36 hour battery claims..smh. This is impossible to accomplish even if the phone is powered off.
    Anyways just wait until you use it to surf the web and you'll be pi*$ed im sure.

Quote Originally Posted by truthteller10 View Post
    Here we go with the 36 hour battery claims..smh. This is impossible to accomplish even if the phone is powered off.
    Anyways just wait until you use it to surf the web and you'll be pi*$ed im sure.
    Here is someone who is a heavy user.. Sure it drained but 6 hours of screen on time is pretty nice.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3788349

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:

I actually did get 34hours on mine last weekend. Forgot to put it on the charger Saturday night, and it just kept going. Certainly not "heavy" use as I was home and had my laptop, company, etc, but I wasnt being frugal either. I was major impressed. I'll get a screen shot next time
    Thanked by:
    geekaren likes this.

This phone is great on standby but once you use lte the whole day, it just can't compare with my note 2s battery. While my note 2 can get close to 5 hrs ost, this phone can't even get close to 4 hrs. All I have to say is 2k display is not yet ready for this phone.

In addition, if I pull the charger off right after a full charge, the battery only drop 1% overnight. But if I use the drastic emulator for about 30-50 mins after the charger is off, the phone will drop about 5-7% overnight and I do want to know why. But of course, my note 2 did this also and the standby overnight is not as good as the G3

My conclusion to this phone is, I'm going to keep on using it until the note 4 is released in the US and sell this on swappa and hopefully the LG G4 will do better on the battery next year. The reason I got this phone is because of the review of the G2 battery life. I do understand that the 2k display and the processor might not make the battery life last as long, but I was still hoping for at least 4 hr ost.
    Thanked by:
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'm not claiming anything...I'm STATING that after a 12h sleep, the phone had lost just 1% of charge, and that the Estimated Time Remaining was 1115h...which I think is about 46½ days. I thought that this would interest other users.

As for actual use, obviously anything much more than about 5h on-screen time at a reasonable brightness level would kill the battery. But with my usage so far, I've never had only one day of use drain the battery, and several times have had three days of use on one charge.

Thanked by:
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by cootiesboy View Post
    This phone is great on standby but once you use lte the whole day, it just can't compare with my note 2s battery. While my note 2 can get close to 5 hrs ost, this phone can't even get close to 4 hrs. All I have to say is 2k display is not yet ready for this phone.

In addition, if I pull the charger off right after a full charge, the battery only drop 1% overnight. But if I use the drastic emulator for about 30-50 mins after the charger is off, the phone will drop about 5-7% overnight and I do want to know why. But of course, my note 2 did this also and the standby overnight is not as good as the G3

My conclusion to this phone is, I'm going to keep on using it until the note 4 is released in the US and sell this on swappa and hopefully the LG G4 will do better on the battery next year. The reason I got this phone is because of the review of the G2 battery life. I do understand that the 2k display and the processor might not make the battery life last as long, but I was still hoping for at least 4 hr ost.
    What sort of brightness level do you use? 4h isn't bad, but I think you ought to be able to get a bit more.

Less than 50% because 40s is already bright for indoor uses. If I go outdoors under the Sun, I usually go around 70-80. But brightness isn't the problem for me because I do the same with the note 2. One positive about lgs display is that I can see clearly under the sun unlike the note 2. So I will definitely miss this and also the knock on feature when I switch device.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Less than 50% because 40s is already bright for indoor uses. If I go outdoors under the Sun, I usually go around 70-80. But brightness isn't the problem for me because I do the same with the note 2. One positive about lgs display is that I can see clearly under the sun unlike the note 2. So I will definitely miss this and also the knock on feature when I switch device.
    Not all that different from me...I use 30% when indoors and crank it up if viewing Gallery photos or videos, or outdoors.

The Note 4 specs, as far as known for certain yet, look superb, and I've always been impressed by Samsung's displays although never owned for the simple and trifling reason that the back button is on the 'wrong' side for me and AFAIK not customisable. It will almost certainly be too expensive for me, but I can certainly understand your interest.

Um what? A day and a half of battery life. I do that all the time with the g2... Obviously only a few hours of on screen time but still.

And if the phone is off it will definitely last 36 hours. I bought my g2 used on eBay. The original owner only used it for 3 weeks and then it sat in a drawer for 40 days. When I got it and powered it on the battery was at 9% and in the battery stats it showed a slow decrease from 100% for 45 days without ever being powered on or plugged in.

ಠ益ಠ
    ಠ益ಠ
    belodion and sbeil like this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by Illustrator Joe View Post
    Um what? A day and a half of battery life. I do that all the time with the g2... Obviously only a few hours of on screen time but still.

And if the phone is off it will definitely last 36 hours. I bought my g2 used on eBay. The original owner only used it for 3 weeks and then it sat in a drawer for 40 days. When I got it and powered it on the battery was at 9% and in the battery stats it showed a slow decrease from 100% for 45 days without ever being powered on or plugged in.

ಠ益ಠ
    Thank you!

Illustrator Joe likes this.

159hrs OK that would be standby time but with little use you can eek out atleast 2 days on a single charge with little use. it shows that the battery ain't as poor as some may claim.

With moderated to heavy obviously this will fall dramatically but 1day and charge overnight works for me :-)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazing LG G3 battery!-17691.jpg  
    Thanked by:

I too am getting great life out of the G3! Really impressed!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazing LG G3 battery!-35468.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Default Re: Amazing LG G3 battery!

Indoler: I said I'd do a screenshot after the next full charge, so here you go. First was having charged to 100% the evening before, used a few minutes, then sleep. Doesn't seem to calculate time remaining when still at 100%, so here it is also a few minutes after waking having dropped to 99%.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazing LG G3 battery!-1417.jpg   Amazing LG G3 battery!-1419.jpg  

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Yea.... About that....

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Amazing LG G3 battery!-1406544104524.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    Yea.... About that....

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    What mods did u do to achieve this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast