Did LG accidentally load 3.1 on this trash???

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Havn't been here in a while because I was fairly happy with my LG G2..Low and behold I use my "jump" program to get this thing (lg g3). I must first say that the device itself is a beautiful unit, however, this thing has more problems than any Samsung Galaxy product!!! I mean how in the world did this thing get past so many QC departments amazes me as it brings me back to thinking it was shipped with Android 3.1 or something. The top issues are:
1. Gets hot as heck if you are power using.
2. Battery drains like crazy with screen only on 35% brighness ( you can literally sit there and watch the drain)
3. Jittery as hell - It behaves like a old single core processor as there is almost nothing smooth in it's transitions.
4. It constantly blinks and stutters through task that Android users have been doing for years.
5. The home screen constantly redraws.
6. Audio out of headphone jack has issues.
Overall this device is not worth keeping at this point and is going back today. Hopefully I can find a G2 on CL for a decent price and hopefully my "jump" is reversed.
I know im going to get a few liars to comment that none of these things are happening on their phones just like they claimed the Palm Pre got 24 hours of battery life..lol..

Last edited:

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have ART enabled on a Verizon version. I had a lot of these issues when I first got it because everyone said, "Enable ART, enable ART." Ya, well that screwed it up big time. Any way. Back to you. Did you switch from Dalvik to ART in the Developer settings? If not, have you enabled the developer settings?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
got settings > about phone > software information > android version to see if you have 3.1 on it.

you should have 4.4.2 on it.

If you do have 4.4.2 on it. Goto backup & reset and do a Factory data reset. If you still have same issues after a reset I'd exchange it.

Mine is just fine and I came from a G2.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know im going to get a few liars to comment that none of these things are happening on their phones just like they claimed the Palm Pre got 24 hours of battery life..lol..

I wouldn't just go right out and call people liars. Some of our Ambassadors have no issues with their G3 devices... Just because yours may be a lemon doesn't mean everyone has one as well.. Or is lying..

I would try what is suggested above. Did you enable ART? If so it has been reported to cause issues with the G3.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

goombatommy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I keep hearing about this ART. I'm going to upgrade my phone tomorrow (been debating between the G3 and the M8; through Verizon) and was wondering, how do you disable this ART everyone keeps talking about? What exactly is it? Many thanks! :)

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep hearing about this ART. I'm going to upgrade my phone tomorrow (been debating between the G3 and the M8; through Verizon) and was wondering, how do you disable this ART everyone keeps talking about? What exactly is it? Many thanks! :)

You don't need to disable it, ART isn't the default, dalvik runs by default.

Posted via Android Central App

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Ill try the things you all have said but Ive just found out a very very serious issue..THE HEADPHONE JACK DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!! THE PHONE DOESN"T RECOGNIZE THE JACK IS IN!!! I have a tmobile version

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
got settings > about phone > software information > android version to see if you have 3.1 on it.

you should have 4.4.2 on it.

If you do have 4.4.2 on it. Goto backup & reset and do a Factory data reset. If you still have same issues after a reset I'd exchange it.

Mine is just fine and I came from a G2.

I was being sarcastic

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ill try the things you all have said but Ive just found out a very very serious issue..THE HEADPHONE JACK DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!! THE PHONE DOESN"T RECOGNIZE THE JACK IS IN!!! I have a tmobile version

Yeah it sounds like you have a lemon.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No I havn't because I shouldn't have to on a 2014 device
Sounds like you have ART enabled on a Verizon version. I had a lot of these issues when I first got it because everyone said, "Enable ART, enable ART." Ya, well that screwed it up big time. Any way. Back to you. Did you switch from Dalvik to ART in the Developer settings? If not, have you enabled the developer settings?

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
ART allows you to view and critique paintings by new and upcoming artists and interact with them and other art lovers around the world.

Just kidding. ART stands for android run time. More info is here:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8231/a-closer-look-at-android-runtime-art-in-android-l
However, be aware that ART is still in beta and can and will be subject to bugs, malfunctions, etcetera. It won't be enabled by default. Or shouldn't.

goombatommy

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
ART allows you to view and critique paintings by new and upcoming artists and interact with them and other art lovers around the world.

Just kidding. ART stands for android run time. More info is here:
AnandTech | A Closer Look at Android RunTime (ART) in Android L
However, be aware that ART is still in beta and can and will be subject to bugs, malfunctions, etcetera. It won't be enabled by default. Or shouldn't.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into it :).

blackguard

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
This is why I presented the question as to how to turn it off. I too am with Verizon and if if this ART is on by default, and causes issues which have been reported then I'd like to disable it as well.
This is odd since ART isn't official yet. I'm guessing someone messed up. Easy enough to remedy though, just disable it. You'll have to sit and wait for your apps to recompile back to dalvik so I would uninstall all your 3rd party apps first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde