my phone won't let me swear!

krijmo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No matter what I've added to my dictionary, my phone won't let me swear! I have the block offensive words setting unchecked. If it changes my word to ducking one more time, I'm going to throw it out the ducking window!

Posted from my LG G3

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Try a 3rd party keyboard like Swype or Swift Key. You can add words and it will work then...

Not that I encourage it but it does work ;)

CFR0628

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember the exact settings, but I was able to make my phone allow me to swear using both keyboard and speech to text. It is possible, so hopefully someone can comment on how to change that.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Try using old Cockney intensives..."Me perishin' phone's not lettin' me bloomin' swear nah an' I doesn't know as 'ow I can't flippin' well stand it".

Posted via Android Central App

krijmo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha! I downloaded Swiftkey but then it told me Swiftkey saves all of my keystrokes. Credit card numbers, etc. If I'm under a secure WiFi I will do some internet shopping. I approved it anyway but it stopped working twice. So I uninstalled it. The google keyboard is working great, and its not a huge scavenger hunt trying to find the voice option, which I only found on the lg keyboard today.

Posted from my LG G3

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Haha! I downloaded Swiftkey but then it told me Swiftkey saves all of my keystrokes. Credit card numbers, etc. If I'm under a secure WiFi I will do some internet shopping. I approved it anyway but it stopped working twice. So I uninstalled it. The google keyboard is working great, and its not a huge scavenger hunt trying to find the voice option, which I only found on the lg keyboard today.

Posted from my LG G3

That warning comes up for ANY and ALL keyboard apps. Android gives that warning because the keyboard must process every keystroke you enter, including passwords, credit card #s, etc. Swiftkey doesn't actually store that information.

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Google Keyboard. Go to Settings/Language & Input select Google Keyboard Settings, Text Correction then Personal Dictionary. Choose your language and enter all the words you want - my list looks real fun! No more duck and ducking, lol!

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Lol, and I love stock Android! I use Nova Launcher configured to look as much like stock as I can get it. Paired with Google Keyboard using the dark Lollipop theme it looks fab. My first foray into Android was with a Nexus 5 so am used to stock.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca