Verizon letting g3 users uninstall bloatware

TheTruth5442

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Saw this earlier today. I've been investigating this phone like a hawk seeing as I'm getting it next week from Verizon. Thanks for calling me lucky. :D

TheTruth5442

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see it happen
I have seen multiple sources claiming this, I'll find out when I get my hands on one next week. I posted a little quote below from the source that explains how it works.

"Pre-loaded applications will install in the background during the activation and set up process," Verizon said in a statement to the blog Droid Life. "Once setup is complete, the applications will appear in the applications folder as though they have been traditionally pre-loaded. However, there IS one key difference; the applications can be completely and entirely uninstalled by the customer via the standard uninstall process. Customers will not incur any data usage or charges for the download and installation of these applications."

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I was able to uninstall Hotels.com. I have VS985.

Posted via Android Central App
Same here, and Clash of Clans, too.

However ISIS, IMDB and all of the Verizon branded crap won't uninstall. Seems like you can "disable" most of them though.

Easy enough to root this phone and use titanium to freeze or uninstall.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like its only the stuff they download during the setup process. The rest is in the LG OS build Verizon gets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon