Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gator352
  • 1 Post By BBSeattle
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Ok so i asked a few people who own the M7 but got the G3 or atleast tried it out. There were mixed thoughts about the both phones when compared. I have both and the features of the G3 like knock, camera shutter activated by voice are very useful. The M7 i like the lowlight camera capabilities, front speakers an the width is a bit smaller an feels solid.

    My question to those who have owned/own the M7 and now have the G3, which do you prefer? I'm having a hard time deciding which one i'll be sticking with.

    How do you feel about the camera between the two? Think the G3 lowlight beats the M7 lowlight? How do you feel about G3 features/software over M7 sense software?

    Let me know your honest opinion if you owned/own the M7 vs using the G3 (if you have it)

    Thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

  3. #3  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    I have both. The G3 is my daily driver as I gave my daughter the M7 and she still loves it.

    I have to say even though the M7 is older, the UI is more fluid, speakers are awesome, gets updates from HTC on a timely basis, and feels great in the hand. It is smaller but the M7 has a 4.7 screen and the G3 is 5.5. They both are great phones but with the size difference, only you can make that decision. Lemme ask, why aren't you considering the M8?

    Camera on both are great but it also depends on your needs. I'm not a camera fanatic but I do take occasional "for the moment" shots of the kids. The M7 has only a 4MP cam and the G3 has a 13MP cam. 13MP cam, as you know, makes a much larger and more detailed picture. The M7 seems to be more of a "for facebook" type of picture but still the pictures are awesome. Low light? I thing the G3 has the edge on that one....but I haven't compared the two side by side.

    They both are awesome phones. It would be a harder decision for me if this was a M8 vs G3 instead of an M7 vs G3 but I think the the G3 has an edge here as it's newer and more forward looking.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    BBSeattle likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I have both. The G3 is my daily driver as I gave my daughter the M7 and she still loves it.

    I have to say even though the M7 is older, the UI is more fluid, speakers are awesome, gets updates from HTC on a timely basis, and feels great in the hand. It is smaller but the M7 has a 4.7 screen and the G3 is 5.5. They both are great phones but with the size difference, only you can make that decision. Lemme ask, why aren't you considering the M8?

    Camera on both are great but it also depends on your needs. I'm not a camera fanatic but I do take occasional "for the moment" shots of the kids. The M7 has only a 4MP cam and the G3 has a 13MP cam. 13MP cam, as you know, makes a much larger and more detailed picture. The M7 seems to be more of a "for facebook" type of picture but still the pictures are awesome. Low light? I thing the G3 has the edge on that one....but I haven't compared the two side by side.

    They both are awesome phones. It would be a harder decision for me if this was a M8 vs G3 instead of an M7 vs G3 but I think the the G3 has an edge here as it's newer and more forward looking.
    Well im not considering the M8 because i had a test run with it and the camera of the M7 seems alot better than what the M8 produces. The M7 video recording is also pleasing. Yeah the G3 outweighs the M7 in screen size but with the battery heating up,screen dimming on its own and not being able to record video for a lengthy time without getting a warning or shutting down kind of sucks.

    With M7’s 4MP cam it still does very well. When i did a G3 vs M7 side by side in low light it seems as the M7 beat it,video as well. I could be wrong. Maybe you can check or take same pics from both phones of the same situation/objects.

    I already returned my G3 before the 14 day period but i feel i shouldnt have...im not sure.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    Well im not considering the M8 because i had a test run with it and the camera of the M7 seems alot better than what the M8 produces. The M7 video recording is also pleasing. Yeah the G3 outweighs the M7 in screen size but with the battery heating up,screen dimming on its own and not being able to record video for a lengthy time without getting a warning or shutting down kind of sucks.

    With M7’s 4MP cam it still does very well. When i did a G3 vs M7 side by side in low light it seems as the M7 beat it,video as well. I could be wrong. Maybe you can check or take same pics from both phones of the same situation/objects.

    I already returned my G3 before the 14 day period but i feel i shouldnt have...im not sure.
    I'll see what I can do about the pics for you. Just give me a day or two as I work 12 hours a day and have a wife and 3 kids. I barely get time to take a dump...
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    I'm in that same boat!!! And I only have two kids....!!!!!!

    sent from my Nos M7 DNA
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Had the M7, one of the best phones I've owned. But I came from a DNA with a 5" screen and a fantastic camera and always felt I had downgraded regarding those two points.
    I think the M7 build and design is still one of the best (better than M8 as well). That being said I also had issues with sound quality (people hearing me) using Bluetooth devices. I went through 2 units and never resolved the issue. The UI is probably as fluid as anything or better than anything out there, even more so than the G3. But the G3 UI is fine real world, day to day.
    Comparing the two I would say that the G3 has the M7 beat in the camera department, screen size, battery, and Bluetooth (maybe just mine).
    M7 comes out on top in build and design, external speakers and overall fluidity.
    I use Nova so no comparison on stock launchers.
    If the M8 would have been an exact but larger version of the M7 with a "real camera" and 5.2 or larger screen (with no on screen buttons and a 10" bottom bezel....LOL) I may have gone that route.
    All in all the G3 is an upgrade and sits at the top of the heap with some of the other flagship phones.
    Granted these are all personal opinions but I would say it would be hard to find anything better right now.
    Gator352 likes this.
  8. #8  
    mtva24's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Pulled my M7 out the closet and returning my G3 today after work. The IR blaster on the G3 sucks so bad and is killing my life. The screen is gorgeous but the with the 801, I see stutters here and there. The battery is excellent in standby but screen on time leaves more to be desired. I got 17 hours w/ 3 1/2 hours on-screen time yesterday. The G3 isn't a bad pickup but I think I'm going to hold out for the note 4 w/ the 805 or the iphone6 (don't laugh)...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Had the M7, one of the best phones I've owned. But I came from a DNA with a 5" screen and a fantastic camera and always felt I had downgraded regarding those two points.
    I think the M7 build and design is still one of the best (better than M8 as well). That being said I also had issues with sound quality (people hearing me) using Bluetooth devices. I went through 2 units and never resolved the issue. The UI is probably as fluid as anything or better than anything out there, even more so than the G3. But the G3 UI is fine real world, day to day.
    Comparing the two I would say that the G3 has the M7 beat in the camera department, screen size, battery, and Bluetooth (maybe just mine).
    M7 comes out on top in build and design, external speakers and overall fluidity.
    I use Nova so no comparison on stock launchers.
    If the M8 would have been an exact but larger version of the M7 with a "real camera" and 5.2 or larger screen (with no on screen buttons and a 10" bottom bezel....LOL) I may have gone that route.
    All in all the G3 is an upgrade and sits at the top of the heap with some of the other flagship phones.
    Granted these are all personal opinions but I would say it would be hard to find anything better right now.
    Speaking of the G3 vs M7 camera, G3 video seems very shaky and wavy on the edges which i dont get on the M7.

    Do you think a software update can fix that or its pretty much going to stay the same? Also ive never owned a LG phone before, how are they on pushing out updates? I noticed HTC has been pretty consistent with those updates they have pushed out.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    All great questions, unfortunately I too am a first with an LG smartphone. Had a few LG dumb phones but that's about it.
    I haven't noticed any shakiness with video but haven't shot many videos. Will keep an eye on it and let you know.

    Quote Originally Posted by beezlebubz View Post
    Speaking of the G3 vs M7 camera, G3 video seems very shaky and wavy on the edges which i dont get on the M7.

    Do you think a software update can fix that or its pretty much going to stay the same? Also ive never owned a LG phone before, how are they on pushing out updates? I noticed HTC has been pretty consistent with those updates they have pushed out.
    Thanked by:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Htc One M7 vs LG G3 (those who owned the M7)

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    All great questions, unfortunately I too am a first with an LG smartphone. Had a few LG dumb phones but that's about it.
    I haven't noticed any shakiness with video but haven't shot many videos. Will keep an eye on it and let you know.
    Yeah its not extremely extremely shaky but there isnt much of stabilization like they put on the camera taking pics. I watched alot of G3 videos on youtube and their video tests all produced it as well.

Similar Threads

  1. AT&T htc m7 wont update please help
    By Abdinafi Osman in forum AT&T HTC One
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-01-2015, 07:45 PM
  2. Best cases for the LG G3?
    By ajonesma in forum LG G3
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 08:50 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 05:55 AM
  4. which One accepts foreign SIMs?
    By agp423 in forum HTC One M7
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 02:34 AM
  5. Verizon letting g3 users uninstall bloatware
    By streetkilln in forum LG G3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions