Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Lens Protection

I appeal to manufacturers to add a sliding lens cover to phones...ditto the makers of cases. A lens with a fingerprint or scratch or lump of pie on it is not going to give its best optical performance. I've added a sliding cover to my G3 case, shown here half open, all parts plastic so as not to interfere with the radio. Obviously, it's crappy, and would have been far better done by phone or case manufacturers.

(Incidentally in picking up my Nexus 5 to send this post, I planted yet another fingerprint on the lens. A cover for that will be next.)

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LG G3 Lens Protection-wp_20140726_12_19_38_pro.jpg  

Default Re: Lens Protection

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I appeal to manufacturers to add a sliding lens cover to phones...ditto the makers of cases. A lens with a fingerprint or scratch or lump of pie on it is not going to give its best optical performance. I've added a sliding cover to my G3 case, shown here half open, all parts plastic so as not to interfere with the radio. Obviously, it's crappy, and would have been far better done by phone or case manufacturers.

(Incidentally in picking up my Nexus 5 to send this post, I planted yet another fingerprint on the lens. A cover for that will be next.)

Totally disagree

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Lens Protection

A manufactured item following tooling-up will be better than a homemade item, unless you go to great lengths and spend a large amount of time, but my cover serves its purpose well enough.