- 195 Posts
Sprint G3 "Accelerated Location" Question
Under General>Location>Mode at the very bottom there's a feature that says "Accelerated Location - Use Qualcomm IZat hardware accelerated location".
I had an Galaxy S3 prior to the G3 and I've never heard nor seen something like this before (obviously newer phone, newer features). I looked on Google for some explanation of this, but I couldn't find anything. I hope someone here can fill me in about this. Does it eat more battery life, is the location pick up much more faster than "High Accuracy" and what else does it do? I haven't enabled it because I'm worried (although I shouldn't be) it'll do something strange to the phone and have it transform into Megatron for world domination.
- 07-27-2014, 02:12 PM #2
Re: Sprint G3 "Accelerated Location" Question
Apparently it is for indoor and venue mapping (like for a museum from what I gather):
Partnership between Nokia HERE and Qualcomm Atheros: a boost for indoor location
- 07-27-2014, 03:30 PM #3
- By streetkilln in forum LG G3Replies: 55Last Post: 07-31-2014, 03:53 AM
- By raju130000 in forum LG G3Replies: 3Last Post: 07-27-2014, 10:23 PM
- By tdc_worm in forum LG G3Replies: 1Last Post: 07-27-2014, 09:59 AM
- By Gator352 in forum LG G3Replies: 5Last Post: 07-27-2014, 09:59 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-27-2014, 02:50 AM