Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AndyLu
  • 1 Post By MONDINGO
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back capacitive button inop sometimes!

I just got this phone today..Just setting it up I've noticed that sometimes not all the time, but I have to hit the back button several times before it works. Other times its fine. The other buttons home and recent are fine. If I change the button configuration seems to work better .But prefer only the 3. Almost like it has a dead spot. I did install a bodyguardz tempered glass protector. But can't see this being a problem. Anybody else run into this?

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    22,191 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Back capacitive button inop sometimes!

I would start by calling LG or your carrier. You should be able to get an exchange.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would start by calling LG or your carrier. You should be able to get an exchange.
    Its just every now and then. Everything else works. Afraid of getting one with more issues. I'll see if it gets better before my 14 days .if not it's time for a replacement. Thanks

Global Posts
    22,191 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Its just every now and then. Everything else works. Afraid of getting one with more issues. I'll see if it gets better before my 14 days .if not it's time for a replacement. Thanks

I would at least call your carrier. At least then you will be on record for attempting something within the 14 days.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

I have same issue almost like a ram issue because if I reboot it goes away.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    I have same issue almost like a ram issue because if I reboot it goes away.

I just found in another forum here that someone else was having touch issues with the same glass screen protector. He took it off and works fine. I guess after the screen protector wears out ill try a different brand..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I just got this phone today..Just setting it up I've noticed that sometimes not all the time, but I have to hit the back button several times before it works. Other times its fine. The other buttons home and recent are fine. If I change the button configuration seems to work better .But prefer only the 3. Almost like it has a dead spot. I did install a bodyguardz tempered glass protector. But can't see this being a problem. Anybody else run into this?

there has been some reports about certain thickness of tempered glass screen protectors not working well with the g3. i know this because the one i got from my local at&t store was acting up because of it. took it off and its been fine. but i have been looking around online to find a suitable replacement. also i got at&t to take it back and refund my money.
    geekaren likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLu View Post
    there has been some reports about certain thickness of tempered glass screen protectors not working well with the g3. i know this because the one i got from my local at&t store was acting up because of it. took it off and its been fine. but i have been looking around online to find a suitable replacement. also i got at&t to take it back and refund my money.
    Was it the Bodyguardz Tempered glass? That's what I got.

I have found if u take paper towel with a little windex on it clean it well ...hold in light u will see like oiley film on it rub that off should do the job !
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Was it the Bodyguardz Tempered glass? That's what I got.

I think so. I can't recall but it was pricey at 35 bucks

I did install a bodyguardz tempered glass protector.
    Always the culprit. This is why I never install screen protectors. Gorilla Glass 3 is strong enough that you do not need one of these. It isn't 2006 anymore.
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLu View Post
    I think so. I can't recall but it was pricey at 35 bucks

That's it!

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    Always the culprit. This is why I never install screen protectors. Gorilla Glass 3 is strong enough that you do not need one of these. It isn't 2006 anymore.
    I do believe gorilla glass even 3 can scratch. A little grain of sand can do it. Then I would be pissed.. Lol. I'll probably find a thinner one

I do believe gorilla glass even 3 can scratch. A little grain of sand can do it. Then I would be pissed.. Lol. I'll probably find a thinner one
    My Gorilla Glass razr slid across asphalt once, no scratches on the screen. Only the bezel. And I've been to the beach with a sandy phone, never a scratch. I don't think it scratches like you say it does.

It will still get the super fine micro scratches in it that you can see in direct sunlight. I went mountain biking for 3 days up in Utah and had the phone in my pocket the entire time... never dropped it but it developed a few of these abrasions, most likely from sand / dirt getting into my pocket. Gorilla Glass 3 isn't really that great in my opinion.

ROM
    MIJJzGoodnessFD02/ Rouge

I've heard and read very good reviews for the iCarez tempered glass screen protectors, even people preferring them over Spigen. I personally use Tech Armor, they never let me down, and their regular screen protectors have a life time warranty for anything! I'm unclear if their tempered glass has the same warranty, but I'll find out soon when I order one.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

I just found in another forum here that someone else was having touch issues with the same glass screen protector. He took it off and works fine. I guess after the screen protector wears out ill try a different brand.
    Mondingo, thanks for posting this issue! I was having similar problems with the Bodyguardz Tempered glass screen protector from AT&T. I was thinking my G3 screen had dead spots and was getting ready to return it.

Took off the Bodyguardz and the screen sensitivity works perfectly.
    AT&T LG G3
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by geekaren View Post
    Mondingo, thanks for posting this issue! I was having similar problems with the Bodyguardz Tempered glass screen protector from AT&T. I was thinking my G3 screen had dead spots and was getting ready to return it.

Took off the Bodyguardz and the screen sensitivity works perfectly.
    No problem.. I too want to take it off. Going to try a different brand. There's a few other good ones off Amazon I've heard. And reading the forums. Going to check into it first. Need one before taking this off.. I'm glad yours is working great now..

geekaren likes this.

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

No problem.. I too want to take it off. Going to try a different brand. There's a few other good ones off Amazon I've heard. And reading the forums. Going to check into it first. Need one before taking this off.. I'm glad yours is working great now
    I was trying to wait until I found something else but then missed an important call because the screen didn't register my touch with the Bodyguardz. I was able to find a Zagg tempered glass screen protector at a local Sprint store and had it applied today -- it's amazing how much more responsive the screen is with the Zagg vs the Bodyguardz. Like night and day.
    AT&T LG G3
    Thanked by: