Android KitKat 4.4.3/4.4.4 When For The G3?

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
First of all Im suprised that LG let the G3 out running 4.4.2, I'm over that no. The other day I purchase a Polar Activity Tracker you know one of theose fitness bands. I go to the Play Store to d/l the Polar app and it tells me that my phone isnt compatible with the app since the G3 has 4.4.2 on it. So I'm in a bind do I send the fitness band back or wait for 4.4.4 to come to the G3, send my G3 back and dust off my Droid Razzzor Maxx or worst case scenerio get an EyePhone. Anyone heard of any rumors when 4.4.3 is going to hit the G3.

drbol

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Which polar activity tracker did you get? Is it the polar loop? Or the watch style?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I havent seen any mention of it on any forums but see that other phones like HTC M8 are just now getting 4.4.3 I believe. With the G3 being the last of the bunch to be released who knows how many months. could be tomorrow out of nowhere. could be they skip it and go straight to L which could take a while.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The other day I purchase a Polar Activity Tracker you know one of theose fitness bands. I go to the Play Store to d/l the Polar app and it tells me that my phone isnt compatible with the app since the G3 has 4.4.2 on it. So I'm in a bind do I send the fitness band back or wait for 4.4.4 to come to the G3, send my G3 back and dust off my Droid Razzzor Maxx or worst case scenerio get an EyePhone. Anyone heard of any rumors when 4.4.3 is going to hit the G3.

I bought the Polar FT7 watch and heart rate monitor band hoping to pair it with my LG G3 however my phone what see the heart rate monitor band. I also tried with an iPhone and a Razr Maxx but none of the phone detected the Polar heart rate monitor.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the links. It says in the first there's speculation about going straight to L but it doesn't say who's doing the speculating. It could be me, and you don't want to take any notice of anything I'm speculating about.
L looks as if it may be far enough off, except for Nexus devices, for it to be worth a 4.4.4 update in the meantime.... although I don't think that either 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 were big deals.

Posted via Android Central App

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I've learned a couple of more tidbits regarding the G3 and the Polar Loop. It seems that the G3 of course is running 4.4.2 which is cool but another coulple of calls to Polar a CSR said that the G3 needs to have BLE running on it which is a Blutooth profile for Heart Rate Monitors. Although not specifically mentioned in the specs but an app called BLE checker confirms that BLE does exsist on the G3. How far this rabbit hole goes no one knows but I plan on keeping on top of it.

bc6droid

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Woot woot.............. Today I decided to check out the PlayStore and see if Polar app is still not working with my G3 and guess what I was able to d/l it. I d/l Polar Flow and it found my Polar Loop and everything is good now, hmmmmm I wonder if I had anything to do with this lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown