Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Wallpaper problem

I have the ATT G3. Had it since it it came out. In the past day or so I've noticed an issue with the homescreen wallpaper. I went to change it to a different one. I'm using the LG theme, and I'm going into the (LG) wallpaper gallery. No matter which one I use now, the background either flashes or goes to black. The icons and everything stay but the wallpaper goes black. If I swipe to the next screen the wallpaper returns briefly but then goes black.

Sometimes it will stabilize, but even thenthe wallpaper will then "jerk" around on the screen.

Anyone else having this issue? Why would LG's own wallpapers start doing this?

Default Re: Wallpaper problem

I haven't had any problems of that sort. Are you okay with the original wallpaper? A soft reset no good?

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I haven't had any problems of that sort. Are you okay with the original wallpaper? A soft reset no good?

Just tried the soft reset. It seems to have made it a little better. But whenever I enter any app, and exit it, half of the screen blacks very quickly, and then becomes normal.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dwade62 View Post
    Just tried the soft reset. It seems to have made it a little better. But whenever I enter any app, and exit it, half of the screen blacks very quickly, and then becomes normal.
    Sounds like your phone has a cold lol I would certainly return if you still can?

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Well, I was reading on how to do a system cache wipe. Never got to the actual wipe. I connected phone to my computer to do some backups in case, in case I had to do the dreaded hard reset.
    During that time the phone has seemed to gotten over it's "cold" and is working fine. I can change to any of the LG wallpapers and it works.
    I was gonna take it over to the ATT store to show them. But it's just like taking your car to the shop. You get their and the symptoms stop.
    I'll have to wait til it does it again (which hopefully won't happen).

Global Posts
    13,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Perform a factory reset (backup data and sync first) then see if the problem persist. It sounds like a rendering issue and it's producing those results due to low memory (which I find hard to believe) or there's a background service/app causing problems. Either way, a factory reset will help identify those issues.