Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Aglet
  • 1 Post By chrisoldroyd
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Need a cycle mount for LG G3 preferably waterproof

I use my phone to track my bike rides so I am after a cycle mount for my lovely new LG G3. Anyone know of a good mount either generic or device specific?

Looking at one of these so far:-

http://www.arkon.com/bike%20mounts/s...ike-mount.html

Thanks
    Chris

Default Re: Need a cycle mount for LG G3 preferably waterproof

I would be interested in this too. What app are you using to track you rides? Right now I am using MapMyRide. I am pretty happy with it. I also bought the Polar FT7 fitness watch and heart rate monitor. I was hoping the heart rate monitor would pair with my phone but it does not see it to pair.

That Arkon mount looks like it'll work fine. Gonna keep my eyes on this post for ideas also. I use Endomondo to track my rides.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

I don't have that particular model, but I have been using an Arkon mount on my bike for about 6 years. It is well designed and robust and surprisingly well priced (don't let Arkon know that last bit though!).
    frope01 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I pulled the trigger on the Arkon mount, should have it tomorrow. @budven, I use the Polat FT7 and it pairs fine with my LG G3 using Map My Ride or Strava. You pair it through the app rather than settings.

Let me know if you are stuck and I will try and help.
    Thanked by:
    budven 

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

To those using a mount of this type, are you ever worried it going to fall off if you hit a bump or something? I have a hybrid and do both road and light trail riding and use a bag with straps right now for my phone. I would love to use a mount like this, but afraid my phone will go flying if I hit a bump in the road. Does it mount securely?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I will tell you tomorrow when I get it, I have a mountain bike and my previous mount for an iPhone 5 was rock solid. This is a different type though so I will let you know.
    NickA likes this.

The Arkon mount I have is the model SM432 in which the phone is also secured by a couple of elastic straps around the device. I guess it could still come out of the mount in a major stack, one of those "over the handle bars and bike lands of top of you" incidents; but probably not -- phone would be smashed but the pieces would still be retained by the mount and elastic straps. The mount is quite securely slotted into the handle bar attachment too, requires a good deal of force to unclip it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ok my Arkon mount arrived today, the G3 fits in it without issue and its a really nice bit of kit. The mounting bracket is well made and extremely sturdy and the whole thing goes together in a few minutes. With the phone in this mount it is going no where, I am extremely confident and did a 14 mile ride tonight and it didn't budge.

Can highly recommend it although the one downside is trying to use the touchscreen through the holder. Its next to impossible!
    Thanked by:
    NickA 

Quote Originally Posted by chrisoldroyd View Post
    ...one downside is trying to use the touchscreen through the holder. Its next to impossible!
    That's a bit of a negative. I wondered what those type would be like, thanks for updating. But the Arkon are at a price point where you could probably also buy an open design for those days when it doesn't look like rain or you won't be splashing through puddles. No need to change the handlebar mount as the holder slots in and out pretty quickly.