LG G3 - what colour did you get?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey,

Going to pick up my new G3 this week and I'm curious if anyone has gotten any other colour apart from metallic black? The white version looks amazing, but I would imagine the black version makes the screen look like its edge to edge?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Black, because I imagined a black surround to the display would be less distraction when watching video.

Posted via Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Black, because I imagined a black surround to the display would be less distraction when watching video.

My exact thoughts also. I had the silver M7 and swapped it a week later for the black M7 as I thought it made the screen look bigger also

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just thin the black version looks bad, because it's not actually black. I wished the Verizon mock-up was true to color, because in the store it looks all silvery and lame. If they made a truly black variant, I might have gone with it, despite having only owned black phones.

I chose white, of course. It gets more attention, but I also like the back of it way better than the metallic black. Seems more premium, too.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I just thin the black version looks bad, because it's not actually black. I wished the Verizon mock-up was true to color, because in the store it looks all silvery and lame. If they made a truly black variant, I might have gone with it, despite having only owned black phones.

I chose white, of course. It gets more attention, but I also like the back of it way better than the metallic black. Seems more premium, too.

I agree, I really want the white. As you said I think it looks more premium, mind you I haven't see it in the flesh, only on websites. Every time I go into a store to have a look at one they only ever have the "black" version to play with. Did you get a chance to look at the gold one? was that premium looking?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree, I really want the white. As you said I think it looks more premium, mind you I haven't see it in the flesh, only on websites. Every time I go into a store to have a look at one they only ever have the "black" version to play with. Did you get a chance to look at the gold one? was that premium looking?

I was only looking at Verizon and AT&T variants. Never saw the gold one, but I hear it's good. I would never get a gold phone though, too cheesy.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
do you notice the bezels more on the white version? not that there are any bezels to begin with :)

You really only notice the bottom bezel. And it looks terrific. Nothing distracts me from this screen, not even the tiny Verizon logo in the corner. You don't even see it unless the screen is off.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I went with the "black" version. It's more of a bronze and black mix. Very nice looking. They didn't have any white phones the day I went in. The black one is a pretty sexy phone and looks a bit smaller on the backside to me.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Like some others I think white looks best, especially if you're using your phone naked. I use cases so white or any other colour would be wasted.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Like some others I think white looks best, especially if you're using your phone naked. I use cases so white or any other colour would be wasted.

Yeah I'm more swaying towards the white version, I had a white S3 and loved it, the only thing I'm concerned about is getting some dye on the phone when its in my jeans pocket - I saw somewhere online that it dyes easily.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I guess I could get the black one and buy a replacement white back panel so I could swap it about. One of the main plus points with having a removable back eh!

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I got black and my wife got white. I guess my wife got use to the white S3 that she liked the white. I must admit, the white does look nice but when you put a case on it, its a moot point. At least now, we can tell the difference who's phone is who.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I went with metalic black. The white looked really nice on the back but the front just looked a little weird with the white and black look for my taste.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I went with metalic black. The white looked really nice on the back but the front just looked a little weird with the white and black look for my taste.

Fair point, have you noticed the black version obtaining any finger print smudges on the back or is the metal finish enough to stop this?