Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Hey,

    Going to pick up my new G3 this week and I'm curious if anyone has gotten any other colour apart from metallic black? The white version looks amazing, but I would imagine the black version makes the screen look like its edge to edge?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Got black one ...looks great and doesnt show all dirt
  3. #3  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Black, because I imagined a black surround to the display would be less distraction when watching video.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by dglock View Post
    Got black one ...looks great and doesnt show all dirt
    Yeah I agree, black is the safest bet - I had the black Nexus 5 but wished I had picked up the white version, I like the contrast between black and white
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Black, because I imagined a black surround to the display would be less distraction when watching video.

    Posted via Android Central App
    My exact thoughts also. I had the silver M7 and swapped it a week later for the black M7 as I thought it made the screen look bigger also
  6. #6  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I just thin the black version looks bad, because it's not actually black. I wished the Verizon mock-up was true to color, because in the store it looks all silvery and lame. If they made a truly black variant, I might have gone with it, despite having only owned black phones.

    I chose white, of course. It gets more attention, but I also like the back of it way better than the metallic black. Seems more premium, too.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Black by popular demand.

    Mav.

    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    Johnly and Kevin Oates like this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I got the white one. The front of the phone is mainly black.
    gummyjelly likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    I just thin the black version looks bad, because it's not actually black. I wished the Verizon mock-up was true to color, because in the store it looks all silvery and lame. If they made a truly black variant, I might have gone with it, despite having only owned black phones.

    I chose white, of course. It gets more attention, but I also like the back of it way better than the metallic black. Seems more premium, too.
    I agree, I really want the white. As you said I think it looks more premium, mind you I haven't see it in the flesh, only on websites. Every time I go into a store to have a look at one they only ever have the "black" version to play with. Did you get a chance to look at the gold one? was that premium looking?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by bishang View Post
    I got the white one. The front of the phone is mainly black.
    do you notice the bezels more on the white version? not that there are any bezels to begin with
  11. #11  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    I agree, I really want the white. As you said I think it looks more premium, mind you I haven't see it in the flesh, only on websites. Every time I go into a store to have a look at one they only ever have the "black" version to play with. Did you get a chance to look at the gold one? was that premium looking?
    I was only looking at Verizon and AT&T variants. Never saw the gold one, but I hear it's good. I would never get a gold phone though, too cheesy.
    Kevin Oates likes this.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    do you notice the bezels more on the white version? not that there are any bezels to begin with
    You really only notice the bottom bezel. And it looks terrific. Nothing distracts me from this screen, not even the tiny Verizon logo in the corner. You don't even see it unless the screen is off.
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I went with the "black" version. It's more of a bronze and black mix. Very nice looking. They didn't have any white phones the day I went in. The black one is a pretty sexy phone and looks a bit smaller on the backside to me.

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. #14  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    do you notice the bezels more on the white version? not that there are any bezels to begin with
    I don't really notice it much because my case conceals it partially. But I could imagine the bezel looking smaller with the white variant because of the break in color.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Like some others I think white looks best, especially if you're using your phone naked. I use cases so white or any other colour would be wasted.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Like some others I think white looks best, especially if you're using your phone naked. I use cases so white or any other colour would be wasted.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah I'm more swaying towards the white version, I had a white S3 and loved it, the only thing I'm concerned about is getting some dye on the phone when its in my jeans pocket - I saw somewhere online that it dyes easily.
    Thanked by:
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I guess I could get the black one and buy a replacement white back panel so I could swap it about. One of the main plus points with having a removable back eh!
    xocomaox likes this.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I got black and my wife got white. I guess my wife got use to the white S3 that she liked the white. I must admit, the white does look nice but when you put a case on it, its a moot point. At least now, we can tell the difference who's phone is who.
    Kevin Oates likes this.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I went with metalic black. The white looked really nice on the back but the front just looked a little weird with the white and black look for my taste.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by droid747 View Post
    I went with metalic black. The white looked really nice on the back but the front just looked a little weird with the white and black look for my taste.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Fair point, have you noticed the black version obtaining any finger print smudges on the back or is the metal finish enough to stop this?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    It has a brushed metal look to it. You won't see fingerprint smudges
    Thanked by:
  22. #22  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I went with white because I needed a change from all the black or gray phones I always get. And with a clear TPU case I got the white stands out.
    Kevin Oates likes this.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Oates View Post
    Fair point, have you noticed the black version obtaining any finger print smudges on the back or is the metal finish enough to stop this?
    Mine wont arrive until tuesday. But I did not notice fingerprings on the back of the display phone at my local verizon store.

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  
    sojodave's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    I got white, I thought it looked very cool with the thin bezel. Looks really cool with the light brown leather Verus Quick Circle case.
    Thanked by:
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

    Default Re: LG G3 - what colour did you get?

    Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    I got white, I thought it looked very cool with the thin bezel. Looks really cool with the light brown leather Verus Quick Circle case.
    Nice tip about the brown case
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Android KitKat 4.4.3/4.4.4 When For The G3?
    By bc6droid in forum LG G3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2014, 08:29 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 04:56 PM
  3. What is this ICON for on Note 2?
    By FrankCerank in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 10:33 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 01:56 PM
  5. lg skinny tpuch
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 12:38 AM

Posting Permissions