Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LAG LAG LAG on my G3 :(

My G3 just lags everytime I open an app, swipe to a screen, put in my pin, and it's driving me crazy. I've turned off some settings in various apps and it's still happening. This is worse than Touchwiz. Anyone else having this issue? Solutions suggestions?

Default Re: LAG LAG LAG on my G3 :(

Not really noticing it here. Coming from a N4 that was a little maxed out on storage. Some people suggest turning animations off. I haven't done that. Others notice a snappier response after switching to ART. Haven't done that either, but have heard that some apps are not compatible with ART. You can always switch back to stock. Good luck though. I am happy with my G3. I'm sure some people here can give you more tips.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
    akira751 likes this.

IDK don't have it but this was one of mobilesyrup's issue. Did you watch the review because it's exactly what they said, worst than TouchWiz. Even before I switched to ART on my S5 I never experienced any lag.

Four more days until I get my G3.

EDIT: I never spend time with TouchWiz or any other (Sense 6, etc.) as I always switch to Nova Prime. Changing launchers help?
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by fjitb View Post
    My G3 just lags everytime I open an app, swipe to a screen, put in my pin, and it's driving me crazy. I've turned off some settings in various apps and it's still happening. This is worse than Touchwiz. Anyone else having this issue? Solutions suggestions?
    It's likely the launcher/ui causing the problems. Try another launcher as suggested above and see if that clears up the problem. Then you know it the launcher, not anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
    darlene24 likes this.

No lag here. I have disabled the antivirus app and a couple others. What carrier are you with?

Posted via my LG G3
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I'm with Sprint, bought the phone online. I'm switching to ART and will see what happens. As noted by other responses above I may need to turn Nova Prime on or use another launcher that isn't stock which I don't want to do, because I want to experience LGs take on Android but I may be left with no choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bongaroo View Post
    No lag here. I have disabled the antivirus app and a couple others. What carrier are you with?

Posted via my LG G3
    Gator352 likes this.

No issues here.
    Stock launcher.
    Disabled bloatware on Verizon.

I'm with Sprint, bought the phone online. I'm switching to ART and will see what happens. As noted by other responses above I may need to turn Nova Prime on or use another launcher that isn't stock which I don't want to do, because I want to experience LGs take on Android but I may be left with no choice.
    I'm with Sprint and have no lag with my device. Perhaps you should try a factory reset to rule out any other variables. If you still have lag issues after a factory reset, then try the other launchers and ART as most have suggested. If lag still persists, then I would return it for another.
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I have a sprint device also and I have no lag. I'm running dalvik with stock launcher as well.

Thanked by:
    fjitb 

On Verizon, and haven't noticed any lag. All stock
    Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Do you have LG Health enabled? I never have had it enabled but I have disabled a ton of AT&T bloatware and I don't have NFC or Bluetooth running... just things I don't use often, and I really don't experience any lag. I do eliminate all vibrate options in all my notifications, don't care for daydream. dont have a quickcase nor do i need gestures on to answer phone by lifting to ear, etc.

I don't think you should have any severe lag, could be from other apps you install that adds on to slow the phone? But I'd try some of the above things to see if it helps reduce load.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Well I switched over to ART and that really didn't help, however going through my apps and settings I turned off Notification access for Tesla Unread and AirDroid. There were also many many allowed apps in AirDroids Notification Access settings and I cleared those. Something I did changed how the phone behaves now and it's smooth and fast as can be. Lets hope it lasts!
    Thanks everyone for chiming in, I always get the answers I need here even if I'm not exactly sure what I did
    Gator352 likes this.

Global Posts
    8,138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Just a heads up that the recently posted G3 vs HTC M8 on the blog lists similar issues about the G3. Looks like you are not alone. Either an issue with software or screen resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Gator352 likes this.

Just got my G3 yesterday and i love it compare to M8. Yes, i did notice the lag and its very annoying. I snooped around XDA forum and found a fix that takes the lag off without a Root. I did this and my G3 is snappier than my ex M8.

Try it at your own risk...i hope it works for you because it worked for me.

If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

1. Enter the following based on your device model:
    3845#*855# (for International model)
    3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
    3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
    5689#*990# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to @ericdabbsSPRINT G3
    Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013*VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
    3. Turn it ON...
    4. Turn G3 fully off...
    5. Wait at least 10sec...
    6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

Quote Originally Posted by macdarwin View Post
    Just got my G3 yesterday and i love it compare to M8. Yes, i did notice the lag and its very annoying. I snooped around XDA forum and found a fix that takes the lag off without a Root. I did this and my G3 is snappier than my ex M8.

If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
    Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013*VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

3. Turn it ON...
    4. Turn G3 fully off...

There is NO 'High Temperature Property OFF' option in my Sprint G3. Is it located somewhere else??

Quote Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
    No issues here.
    Stock launcher.
    Disabled bloatware on Verizon.
    Me too !
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Well I tried the 5689#*990# and got the Hidden Menu, but there is no High Temperature Property that I could see
    Quote Originally Posted by macdarwin View Post

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)

3. Turn it ON...
    4. Turn G3 fully off...

Sorry that it doesnt work for you guys...I have a TMobile version and I believe Sprint and Verizon might need to install/modify something else according to XDA..
    here's the link for you to read.

[MOD] Without ROOT get rid of LAG on G3!!! | LG G3 | XDA Forum

On att and there is jitter here and there but its probably because all of att apps i havent removed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Johnly; 07-28-2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: removed language

Time to run a different ROM on this device? Paranoid Android is a good start, IMO.

I think the snapdragon801 is just having a hard time with all those pixels, because it seems that is the main reason it would lag. Think LG should have waited and launched it with the snap805 since it was only a month or two difference between launch(they have a snap805 model available) and that would have really helped push that QHD display.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I think the snapdragon801 is just having a hard time with all those pixels, because it seems that is the main reason it would lag. Think LG should have waited and launched it with the snap805 since it was only a month or two difference between launch(they have a snap805 model available) and that would have really helped push that QHD display.
    They wouldnt release it with 801 if they thought itll have a hard. Its not the processor its lg os. There interface is for 2k and they didnt op it that well. Heard about an update that will come out to fix lag and opt it better

Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    They wouldnt release it with 801 if they thought itll have a hard. Its not the processor its lg os. There interface is for 2k and they didnt op it that well. Heard about an update that will come out to fix lag and opt it better

Yeah that may be it but the 805 would have been a more future proof and processor for pushing all those pixels. Guess we will see if an update does fix it and how long said update takes to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Yeah that may be it but the 805 would have been a more future proof and processor for pushing all those pixels. Guess we will see if an update does fix it and how long said update takes to arrive.
    Not sure but its hitting the uk atm

Thanked by:
    fjitb 

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Do you have LG Health enabled? I never have had it enabled but I have disabled a ton of AT&T bloatware and I don't have NFC or Bluetooth running... just things I don't use often, and I really don't experience any lag. I do eliminate all vibrate options in all my notifications, don't care for daydream. dont have a quickcase nor do i need gestures on to answer phone by lifting to ear, etc.

I don't think you should have any severe lag, could be from other apps you install that adds on to slow the phone? But I'd try some of the above things to see if it helps reduce load.
    Same page

Posted via LG G3 Sprint
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast