LAG LAG LAG on my G3 :(

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My G3 just lags everytime I open an app, swipe to a screen, put in my pin, and it's driving me crazy. I've turned off some settings in various apps and it's still happening. This is worse than Touchwiz. Anyone else having this issue? Solutions suggestions?

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Not really noticing it here. Coming from a N4 that was a little maxed out on storage. Some people suggest turning animations off. I haven't done that. Others notice a snappier response after switching to ART. Haven't done that either, but have heard that some apps are not compatible with ART. You can always switch back to stock. Good luck though. I am happy with my G3. I'm sure some people here can give you more tips.

Posted via Android Central App

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
IDK don't have it but this was one of mobilesyrup's issue. Did you watch the review because it's exactly what they said, worst than TouchWiz. Even before I switched to ART on my S5 I never experienced any lag.

Four more days until I get my G3.

EDIT: I never spend time with TouchWiz or any other (Sense 6, etc.) as I always switch to Nova Prime. Changing launchers help?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
My G3 just lags everytime I open an app, swipe to a screen, put in my pin, and it's driving me crazy. I've turned off some settings in various apps and it's still happening. This is worse than Touchwiz. Anyone else having this issue? Solutions suggestions?

It's likely the launcher/ui causing the problems. Try another launcher as suggested above and see if that clears up the problem. Then you know it the launcher, not anything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Sprint, bought the phone online. I'm switching to ART and will see what happens. As noted by other responses above I may need to turn Nova Prime on or use another launcher that isn't stock which I don't want to do, because I want to experience LGs take on Android but I may be left with no choice.
No lag here. I have disabled the antivirus app and a couple others. What carrier are you with?

Posted via my LG G3

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm with Sprint, bought the phone online. I'm switching to ART and will see what happens. As noted by other responses above I may need to turn Nova Prime on or use another launcher that isn't stock which I don't want to do, because I want to experience LGs take on Android but I may be left with no choice.

I'm with Sprint and have no lag with my device. Perhaps you should try a factory reset to rule out any other variables. If you still have lag issues after a factory reset, then try the other launchers and ART as most have suggested. If lag still persists, then I would return it for another.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a sprint device also and I have no lag. I'm running dalvik with stock launcher as well.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have LG Health enabled? I never have had it enabled but I have disabled a ton of AT&T bloatware and I don't have NFC or Bluetooth running... just things I don't use often, and I really don't experience any lag. I do eliminate all vibrate options in all my notifications, don't care for daydream. dont have a quickcase nor do i need gestures on to answer phone by lifting to ear, etc.

I don't think you should have any severe lag, could be from other apps you install that adds on to slow the phone? But I'd try some of the above things to see if it helps reduce load.

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I switched over to ART and that really didn't help, however going through my apps and settings I turned off Notification access for Tesla Unread and AirDroid. There were also many many allowed apps in AirDroids Notification Access settings and I cleared those. Something I did changed how the phone behaves now and it's smooth and fast as can be. Lets hope it lasts!
Thanks everyone for chiming in, I always get the answers I need here even if I'm not exactly sure what I did :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Just a heads up that the recently posted G3 vs HTC M8 on the blog lists similar issues about the G3. Looks like you are not alone. Either an issue with software or screen resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Just got my G3 yesterday and i love it compare to M8. Yes, i did notice the lag and its very annoying. I snooped around XDA forum and found a fix that takes the lag off without a Root. I did this and my G3 is snappier than my ex M8.

Try it at your own risk...i hope it works for you because it worked for me.

If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

1. Enter the following based on your device model:
3845#*855# (for International model)
3845#*851# (for T-Mobile)
3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
5689#*990# - LG Hidden Service Menu Thanks to @ericdabbsSPRINT G3
Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013*VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

2. Scroll down to High Temperature Property OFF,and select
3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...
5. Wait at least 10sec...
6. Turn it back on and wait about 30sec. when Screen Lock shows...

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my G3 yesterday and i love it compare to M8. Yes, i did notice the lag and its very annoying. I snooped around XDA forum and found a fix that takes the lag off without a Root. I did this and my G3 is snappier than my ex M8.

If you are experiencing some of annoying LAG on your G3,here is how to get LAG away (works with my G3) :

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)
Dial: ##228378 + send, LG Hidden Service Menu (Reduced) ... Thanks to @asialove2013*VERIZON G3

!!! Verizon- don't know,because when you enter model number of these two carriers nothing happens. Someone could check this out and tell me !!!

3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...

There is NO 'High Temperature Property OFF' option in my Sprint G3. Is it located somewhere else??

fjitb

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried the 5689#*990# and got the Hidden Menu, but there is no High Temperature Property that I could see :(

3845#*850# (fot AT&T)

3. Turn it ON...
4. Turn G3 fully off...

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
On att and there is jitter here and there but its probably because all of att apps i havent removed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2