Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

redviper747

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I just picked up the LG G3 last week and I have been absolutely astounded at the quality and sharpness of the device!

However, coming from a Samsung phone I have been looking all over for something like Kies 3 for the PC so I can sync all my SMS and Photos to my PC, as well as text or browse my phone's directories wirelessly.

I have tried LG PC Suite but apparently the LG G3 isn't supported yet (Or at least the LS990 isn't)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives or other software that they use?

Thanks in advance!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
When it first gets plugged into the computer, it should search for the correct drivers to operate correctly.
Did this occur?

Mav. :cool:

redviper747

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes I have installed the LG Phone drivers, and the phone appears in Computer. I can navigate through the SD card and Internal Storage, but is there software out there to help sync all the content on the phone?

Music, SMS/MMS messages, Pictures, etc?

pukkie

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up the LG G3 last week and I have been absolutely astounded at the quality and sharpness of the device!

However, coming from a Samsung phone I have been looking all over for something like Kies 3 for the PC so I can sync all my SMS and Photos to my PC, as well as text or browse my phone's directories wirelessly.

I have tried LG PC Suite but apparently the LG G3 isn't supported yet (Or at least the LS990 isn't)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives or other software that they use?

Thanks in advance!

The LG PC suite works for me. I have 5.3.18.20140626 and it supports the G3

Last edited:

DerrikM

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

LG PC Suite not working for me. Have installed and uninstalled the software and drivers several times. Even downloaded driver directly from LG and installed that. Still no go. PC recognizes the phone and cards and all files and folders, but LG PC Suite cannot find the phone.

I am in the USA, on Verizon and not rooted.

redviper747

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

Can you perhaps provide a link to a download for this version? And are you located in the UK/Europe?

I've been searching for it at LG's site as well as Google and not coming up with much else besides this thread.

Also in the US, Sprint, and not rooted

DerrikM

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and I my copy of PC Suite is the same, 5.3.18.20140626, but it is not working on my Verizon USA VS985 4G. Stock, not rooted.

Has anyone with the Verizon USA VS985 had any luck with the LG PC Suite?

dctokyo

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
LG PC Suite not working for me. Have installed and uninstalled the software and drivers several times. Even downloaded driver directly from LG and installed that. Still no go. PC recognizes the phone and cards and all files and folders, but LG PC Suite cannot find the phone.

a classic case of PEBKAC lol

pukkie

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Can you perhaps provide a link to a download for this version? And are you located in the UK/Europe?

I've been searching for it at LG's site as well as Google and not coming up with much else besides this thread.

Also in the US, Sprint, and not rooted

I'm from Europe/Netherlands. I can't give you a link, it's not allowed by Androidcentral, I have not enough posts. I used the dutch( benelux) Lg site.
But after installing I had to update the PC suite and it worked fine

redviper747

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and if it is PEBKAC, I don't understand why. I've tried on four different PC's with the exact same result each time.
Personal PC - Windows 7 x64
  • Installed LG Drivers from LG PC Suite
  • Connected phone via USB cable
  • Can see phone in 'Computer' on Windows 7 and can browse phone files/SD Card
  • Hit 'Connect' on LG PC Suite
  • No connection made;Time Out on LG PC Suite

Work Laptop - Windows 8.1 x64
  • Can see phone in 'Computer' on Windows 8.1 and can browse phone files/SD Card

Personal Desktop - Windows 7 x86
  • Can see phone in 'Computer' on Windows 7 32-bit and can browse phone files/SD Card

VMWare Image - Windows 7 x86 [FRESH INSTALL]
  • Can see phone in 'Computer' in VM and via VMWare Tools and can browse phone files/SD Card

So yes, it must be a problem with the software as I'm not the only person getting it and the behavior exists across all machines I own, including a brand new installation of Windows 7 on my VMWare Image which used to run Kies 3 just fine when syncing my Samsung.

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Why bother with all that nonsense? Google will automatically back up your photos for you and there are apps in the app store that will let you back up your SMS messages to your GMail account. There's no need for kludgy PC software. :)

redviper747

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Because I for one don't trust Google to keep any of my data private, and neither should you. (Look into the NSA spying and collusion with Google/Microsoft) I don't want my pictures to exist anywhere I cannot control the information, and who can access it.

Simple as that.

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm also on Sprint and my LG PC Suite doesn't recognize my phone either, however, my pc recognizes my phone allowing me to manually transfer data between my g3 and pc. the reason i'm lookin for this to work is I'm trying to configure OSP (On-Screen Phone) to work so that i can control my phone from my pc.

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure pc suite is installed? I have a G3 with T-Mobile, my pc is running 8.1, and it took me a few tries to see that the pc suite installation was not completing. I've gotten so used to apps just installing that I didn't notice pc suite was not actually installing all the way.

Posted via Android Central App

redviper747

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure pc suite is installed? I have a G3 with T-Mobile, my pc is running 8.1, and it took me a few tries to see that the pc suite installation was not completing. I've gotten so used to apps just installing that I didn't notice pc suite was not actually installing all the way.

What do you mean it isn't installing all the way? I've tried running the installer in compatibility mode with Windows XP and Vista, as well as running as an administrator and nothing has changed.

What did you do differently?

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I don't know how to explain it better. I have Windows 8.1. When I clicked on the file to install it, the install window would disappear as if it was done installing, but the program had not really installed. I can uninstall the lg program and try to recreate the steps if you think it'll help you. Like I said, I'm sorry I can't explain it more technically. :)

J CTS

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I am new to the G3 (Verizon). I am coming from an iPhone so I'm totally messed up. My laptop sees my G3 and I can load stuff via the USB. Unfortunately album art isn't transferring. I thought PC Suite would fix that, but no luck finding a version supporting the VS985. Any help is appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX