Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    I just picked up the LG G3 last week and I have been absolutely astounded at the quality and sharpness of the device!

    However, coming from a Samsung phone I have been looking all over for something like Kies 3 for the PC so I can sync all my SMS and Photos to my PC, as well as text or browse my phone's directories wirelessly.

    I have tried LG PC Suite but apparently the LG G3 isn't supported yet (Or at least the LS990 isn't)

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives or other software that they use?

    Thanks in advance!
  2. #2  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,952 Posts
    Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM13.0 w/6.0.1

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    When it first gets plugged into the computer, it should search for the correct drivers to operate correctly.
    Did this occur?

    Mav.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Yes I have installed the LG Phone drivers, and the phone appears in Computer. I can navigate through the SD card and Internal Storage, but is there software out there to help sync all the content on the phone?

    Music, SMS/MMS messages, Pictures, etc?
  4. #4  
    VW Maverick's Avatar

    Posts
    3,952 Posts
    Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM13.0 w/6.0.1

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    I have little experience with Kies.
    Sync it to the computer as in copy pics and stuff from the phone?

    Mav.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Yes


    but is there software out there to help sync all the content on the phone?

    Music, SMS/MMS messages, Pictures, etc?
  6. #6  
    pukkie's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by redviper747 View Post
    I just picked up the LG G3 last week and I have been absolutely astounded at the quality and sharpness of the device!

    However, coming from a Samsung phone I have been looking all over for something like Kies 3 for the PC so I can sync all my SMS and Photos to my PC, as well as text or browse my phone's directories wirelessly.

    I have tried LG PC Suite but apparently the LG G3 isn't supported yet (Or at least the LS990 isn't)

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to alternatives or other software that they use?

    Thanks in advance!
    The LG PC suite works for me. I have 5.3.18.20140626 and it supports the G3
    deutsh likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    I am using the LG PC Suite too with an EU LG G3, no issues at all.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by pukkie View Post
    The LG PC suite works for me. I have 5.3.18.20140626 and it supports the G3
    LG PC Suite not working for me. Have installed and uninstalled the software and drivers several times. Even downloaded driver directly from LG and installed that. Still no go. PC recognizes the phone and cards and all files and folders, but LG PC Suite cannot find the phone.

    I am in the USA, on Verizon and not rooted.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by pukkie View Post
    The LG PC suite works for me. I have 5.3.18.20140626 and it supports the G3
    Can you perhaps provide a link to a download for this version? And are you located in the UK/Europe?

    I've been searching for it at LG's site as well as Google and not coming up with much else besides this thread.

    Also in the US, Sprint, and not rooted
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    I just checked and I my copy of PC Suite is the same, 5.3.18.20140626, but it is not working on my Verizon USA VS985 4G. Stock, not rooted.

    Has anyone with the Verizon USA VS985 had any luck with the LG PC Suite?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by DerrikM View Post
    LG PC Suite not working for me. Have installed and uninstalled the software and drivers several times. Even downloaded driver directly from LG and installed that. Still no go. PC recognizes the phone and cards and all files and folders, but LG PC Suite cannot find the phone.

    I am in the USA, on Verizon and not rooted.
    a classic case of PEBKAC lol
  12. #12  
    pukkie's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by redviper747 View Post
    Can you perhaps provide a link to a download for this version? And are you located in the UK/Europe?

    I've been searching for it at LG's site as well as Google and not coming up with much else besides this thread.

    Also in the US, Sprint, and not rooted
    I'm from Europe/Netherlands. I can't give you a link, it's not allowed by Androidcentral, I have not enough posts. I used the dutch( benelux) Lg site.
    But after installing I had to update the PC suite and it worked fine
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Yeah and if it is PEBKAC, I don't understand why. I've tried on four different PC's with the exact same result each time.
    Personal PC - Windows 7 x64
    • Installed LG Drivers from LG PC Suite
    • Connected phone via USB cable
    • Can see phone in 'Computer' on Windows 7 and can browse phone files/SD Card
    • Hit 'Connect' on LG PC Suite
    • No connection made;Time Out on LG PC Suite


    Work Laptop - Windows 8.1 x64
    • Installed LG Drivers from LG PC Suite
    • Connected phone via USB cable
    • Can see phone in 'Computer' on Windows 8.1 and can browse phone files/SD Card
    • Hit 'Connect' on LG PC Suite
    • No connection made;Time Out on LG PC Suite


    Personal Desktop - Windows 7 x86
    • Installed LG Drivers from LG PC Suite
    • Connected phone via USB cable
    • Can see phone in 'Computer' on Windows 7 32-bit and can browse phone files/SD Card
    • Hit 'Connect' on LG PC Suite
    • No connection made;Time Out on LG PC Suite


    VMWare Image - Windows 7 x86 [FRESH INSTALL]
    • Installed LG Drivers from LG PC Suite
    • Connected phone via USB cable
    • Can see phone in 'Computer' in VM and via VMWare Tools and can browse phone files/SD Card
    • Hit 'Connect' on LG PC Suite
    • No connection made;Time Out on LG PC Suite


    So yes, it must be a problem with the software as I'm not the only person getting it and the behavior exists across all machines I own, including a brand new installation of Windows 7 on my VMWare Image which used to run Kies 3 just fine when syncing my Samsung.
  14. #14  
    WordPainter's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7(Nook)

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by DerrikM View Post
    LG PC Suite not working for me. Have installed and uninstalled the software and drivers several times. Even downloaded driver directly from LG and installed that. Still no go. PC recognizes the phone and cards and all files and folders, but LG PC Suite cannot find the phone.

    I am in the USA, on Verizon and not rooted.
    Why bother with all that nonsense? Google will automatically back up your photos for you and there are apps in the app store that will let you back up your SMS messages to your GMail account. There's no need for kludgy PC software.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Because I for one don't trust Google to keep any of my data private, and neither should you. (Look into the NSA spying and collusion with Google/Microsoft) I don't want my pictures to exist anywhere I cannot control the information, and who can access it.

    Simple as that.
    sbeil and lg3-455 like this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    I'm also on Sprint and my LG PC Suite doesn't recognize my phone either, however, my pc recognizes my phone allowing me to manually transfer data between my g3 and pc. the reason i'm lookin for this to work is I'm trying to configure OSP (On-Screen Phone) to work so that i can control my phone from my pc.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Are you sure pc suite is installed? I have a G3 with T-Mobile, my pc is running 8.1, and it took me a few tries to see that the pc suite installation was not completing. I've gotten so used to apps just installing that I didn't notice pc suite was not actually installing all the way.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by idon12no View Post
    Are you sure pc suite is installed? I have a G3 with T-Mobile, my pc is running 8.1, and it took me a few tries to see that the pc suite installation was not completing. I've gotten so used to apps just installing that I didn't notice pc suite was not actually installing all the way.

    Posted via Android Central App
    What do you mean it isn't installing all the way? I've tried running the installer in compatibility mode with Windows XP and Vista, as well as running as an administrator and nothing has changed.

    What did you do differently?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Sorry I don't know how to explain it better. I have Windows 8.1. When I clicked on the file to install it, the install window would disappear as if it was done installing, but the program had not really installed. I can uninstall the lg program and try to recreate the steps if you think it'll help you. Like I said, I'm sorry I can't explain it more technically.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Okay, I am new to the G3 (Verizon). I am coming from an iPhone so I'm totally messed up. My laptop sees my G3 and I can load stuff via the USB. Unfortunately album art isn't transferring. I thought PC Suite would fix that, but no luck finding a version supporting the VS985. Any help is appreciated.
  21. #21  
    WordPainter's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7(Nook)

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by redviper747 View Post
    Because I for one don't trust Google to keep any of my data private, and neither should you. (Look into the NSA spying and collusion with Google/Microsoft) I don't want my pictures to exist anywhere I cannot control the information, and who can access it.

    Simple as that.
    Enjoy your paranoia dude.
    Wikh likes this.
  22. #22  
    WordPainter's Avatar

    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7(Nook)

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by J CTS View Post
    Okay, I am new to the G3 (Verizon). I am coming from an iPhone so I'm totally messed up. My laptop sees my G3 and I can load stuff via the USB. Unfortunately album art isn't transferring. I thought PC Suite would fix that, but no luck finding a version supporting the VS985. Any help is appreciated.
    Download iSyncr from the Play store. It'll transfer all your music and playlists from iTunes (with album art) flawlessly.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Quote Originally Posted by WordPainter View Post
    Download iSyncr from the Play store. It'll transfer all your music and playlists from iTunes (with album art) flawlessly.
    Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out. Is there any other apps akin to the LG PC Suite that will sync pictures, music, system settings, etc?
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    Try out the FolderSync app... it's free and does a great job synching any folder(s) between your phone and any cloud or FTP storage, including 2-way synching. Can be used for any type of file.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Software to Sync LG G3 to PC?

    I have the same problem. Sprint G3 LGLS990. I tried on 2 different pc's and a MacBook. I called LG support and they said our model is not supported by PC Suite nor is there any update in the near future. It's a shame. Awesome, awesome phone but I wish there was a iTunes, Kies available to manage it on our computers without paying $39.99.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apple 30 pin to Galaxy S5 Adapter
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2015, 05:48 PM
  2. Hello to everybody!
    By adamwie2 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-01-2014, 02:09 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 11:18 AM
  4. I formatted my phone (moto g) & now can only get to CWM
    By Stuart Carden in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 03:42 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions