LG G3 vs. HTC One M8

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Terrific comparison, which will hopefully be very useful to those trying to decide.
Go into the store and use each one. Try different things, like putting the phone to sleep. The power button on top was a huge issue with me when I had the M8. The M8 doesn't double tap to sleep, so you have to either install a 3rd party app, or use the power button on top, which is a long ways away!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Go into the store and use each one. Try different things, like putting the phone to sleep. The power button on top was a huge issue with me when I had the M8. The M8 doesn't double tap to sleep, so you have to either install a 3rd party app, or use the power button on top, which is a long ways away!

Or better yet, just go into the store and compare cameras.

Posted via Android Central App

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
M8:
Mature, error free performance.
G3:
wide spread reports of performance issues:
Dull, washed out looking screen
Redrawing
Stuttering while scrolling
Apps slow to open
Overheating
Overheating warning pop up on screen
Screen brightness lowers automatically to combat overheating
low screen visibility outdoors
Large battery drain
Back of device gets very warm during heavy use
LG has some work to do with this G3. The physical device itself passes muster. Although not premium looking or feeling as the M8, the G3 counters with excellent ergonomics and comfort.
But at the end of the day, it's a device's performance that matters most. And the G3 definitely is not ready for prime time.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I take an exception to "Dull, washed out looking screen".

I think the screen is very accurate in color reproduction... which accounts for some perceiving the G3's screen for being dull. I like the "natural/accurate" screen compared to the S5's oversaturated "bestbuy tv display" look. While its ok to prefer the that look... it doesnt make the G3's screen bad... just different IMO.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I take an exception to "Dull, washed out looking screen".

I think the screen is very accurate in color reproduction... which accounts for some perceiving the G3's screen for being dull. I like the "natural/accurate" screen compared to the S5's oversaturated "bestbuy tv display" look. While its ok to prefer the that look... it doesnt make the G3's screen bad... just different IMO.

Exactly! I keep saying this, but no one listens. Switch back to a Sammy product, if you want the over saturated colors.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I compared the M8 to the G3 when I was upgrading my phone yesterday. What I loved about the M8 is that metal body. However, I ultimately went with the G3 because I'll be able to switch out the battery. I'm an archaeologist and I'm always on the road and it's nice to be able to change batteries when one gets low.

Posted via Android Central App on the Verizon LG G3

sbeil

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
M8:
Mature, error free performance.
G3:
wide spread reports of performance issues:
Dull, washed out looking screen
Redrawing
Stuttering while scrolling
Apps slow to open
Overheating
Overheating warning pop up on screen
Screen brightness lowers automatically to combat overheating
low screen visibility outdoors
Large battery drain
Back of device gets very warm during heavy use
LG has some work to do with this G3. The physical device itself passes muster. Although not premium looking or feeling as the M8, the G3 counters with excellent ergonomics and comfort.
But at the end of the day, it's a device's performance that matters most. And the G3 definitely is not ready for prime time.
I wanted to like the m8 but after one day it went back. The only good thing about that phone was the ui. Didn't like the build, screen real estate being taken up by black bar, camera is the worst of all flagship devices. I don't have the problems you listed with my G3.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane