Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By STARGATE
  • 1 Post By RHChan84
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Micro SD card problem

Hello all, im currently experiencing a very frustrating problem with the SD card on my LG G3. I have a samsung pro 64GB class 10 card. I can put a certain amount of music on it roughly about 2-3gb and then all off a sudden there comes a point where the phone does not respond to the computer and it just freezes. When i disconnect it from the computer i cannot access any of the files on the phone and in most cases i cant even perform a restart without it freezing. I need to take the battery out in order to restart and when i do this the phone does not mount the SD card. When i connect to my computer i cant access the SD card files as it cannot be mounted. However the phone does allow me to erase all the data and then the SD card is recognised and i am able to once again sync up to my pc and start adding files. I thought it may be some corrupt files however after running some scans on them nothing shows up. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Default Re: Micro SD card problem

Welcome to Android Central! I don't have a direct answer, but have you considered unmounting the SD card (Settings>Storage), removing it, and inserting it into your computer using a fullsize SD adapter (very cheap to buy if you don't have one)? Then you can drag and drop files much more easily within your computer's file manager. Once you're done, remove the card from the computer and reinsert it into your phone.

Global Posts
    6,146 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I agree with Diddy. 👆

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!
    B. Diddy likes this.

As B.Diddy said, unmounting might do the trick.

One other thing is to unmount it and then format it from the phone then mount it again. It might just need a reformat.

Also are you using the supplied USB cable or another cable? Maybe a generic cable is causing data corruption.
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    B. Diddy likes this.