What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Not something I dislike but more of an annoyance/hindrance. Every time I get an incoming text, when I click on the pop up message indicating the message/text on my lock screen, I tap on it and then swipe to open....then the homescreen shows up but its fuzzy blurry for about a second and a half and then clears up for about another second and a half and then the message app pops with with text. How the hell do I curb/fix this???

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Not something I dislike but more of an annoyance/hindrance. Every time I get an incoming text, when I click on the pop up message indicating the message/text on my lock screen, I tap on it and then swipe to open....then the homescreen shows up but its fuzzy blurry for about a second and a half and then clears up for about another second and a half and then the message app pops with with text. How the hell do I curb/fix this???

A factory reset perhaps hmmm lol

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
A factory reset perhaps hmmm lol

lol no no no, not yet, lol!!

It looks to me like its re-drawing the home screen for the first second and a half I suppose but its really the only time I see that! I'll just simply swipe to open and then go to my message instead of trying to access it from the lock screen. I was just wondering if any of you guys were going through this and had a fix for it.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
lol no no no, not yet, lol!!

It looks to me like its re-drawing the home screen for the first second and a half I suppose but its really the only time I see that! I'll just simply swipe to open and then go to my message instead of trying to access it from the lock screen. I was just wondering if any of you guys were going through this and had a fix for it.

Haven't seen this on mine, sorry not much help, have you had a look over at XDA?

But seriously factory reset may cure :p

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Haven't seen this on mine, sorry not much help, have you had a look over at XDA?

But seriously factory reset may cure :p

No I haven't checked over there. Its very minimal so its not much of a problem. Just wish I could get rid of it. I'll try to make a video of it later when I get home to show you guys.

.....factory reset will be on stand by for the time being :p

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Would have like to see the volume keys be soft programmable . The volume up should have been voice recording instead of memo.

Pretty much my thoughts. I don't use the memo app (use Keep right now) so would like to choose which app to open. Other than that (minor) issue, I've been extremely happy with it. Can't think of anything else I'd improve...

Well, maybe the ability to "knock-off" from the bottom bezzel. I find myself in the habit of not using the back button, and going home, finding an empty spot on the screen to double-tap to turn the screen off. If I could just double-tap the bottom bezzel (like where the LG logo is), that would be nice. But again...minor.

A couple other things:
1) I get tired of dismissing the "your battery is charged" notification. I keep it in a dock on my desk at work. Don't need it.
2) Would like to disable the message about turning the volume up louder. I tend to turn the phone up, then use my BT speaker or my car stereo to control the "real" volume that I'm hearing, so I don't need my phone yelling at me for turning up the volume.

I guess that's it.

Last edited:

blink1me82

May 27, 2013
Visit site
1) Better power saving mode. Coming from the M8, the battery saving mode (never really used the ultra/extreme mode) really worked wonders when battery was getting low. I'm sure they can't turn off cores or bring down cpu mhz because the screen requires as much power as it can get.

2) Theme changes. The ugly yellow for the messages app is horrendous. Only reason why I am thinking about using another messaging app.

3) The camera focuses crazy fast, but maybe a faster shutter speed. I notice that when taking pictures of moving objects (like a dog or cat), the picture comes out blurry. I know I can sort of resolve this with burst mode.

4) Higher headphone output!

These are only things that are me being nit picky and very minor in my eyes. Other than that, I absolutely love this phone.

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
There are so many things wrong with this phone. Wonky task switcher, lag, sync issues, data issues, text message getting hung up before sending, knock on not working every once in a while, insanely long time needed to take a picture with flash...

There is no way I would recommend this phone to anyone about to get locked in for two years. Because my 14 days started on ship date and not arrival date, I ended up quickly stuck with the phone.

Obviously if you came from a crappy phone, it'll seem like a great phone. Just being honest. "Exchange it" is a ridiculous sentiment because if LG's factories aren't Six Sigma or something along those lines, that's pretty pathetic. Though I guess AT&T may be the culprit on the software side.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
There are so many things wrong with this phone. Wonky task switcher, lag, sync issues, data issues, text message getting hung up before sending, knock on not working every once in a while, insanely long time needed to take a picture with flash...

There is no way I would recommend this phone to anyone about to get locked in for two years. Because my 14 days started on ship date and not arrival date, I ended up quickly stuck with the phone.

Obviously if you came from a crappy phone, it'll seem like a great phone. Just being honest. "Exchange it" is a ridiculous sentiment because if LG's factories aren't Six Sigma or something along those lines, that's pretty pathetic. Though I guess AT&T may be the culprit on the software side.

Sprint version is pretty good. Seldom gps issues is my only gripe

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yet VZW doesn't suffer from these issues. GPS is fine for me, no lag, camera works great even in low light. I have been using my GPS all week and it locks in within 15-30 seconds and accurate so far.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yet VZW doesn't suffer from these issues. GPS is fine for me, no lag, camera works great even in low light. I have been using my GPS all week and it locks in within 15-30 seconds and accurate so far.

Yep all and all I'm really liking my G3 AND would recommend it...highly

Last edited:

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Also Sprint and no problems here up to and including the GPS working just fine and dandy.
Guess the NSA keeps using all the satellites. ;)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sprint version is pretty good. Seldom gps issues is my only gripe

This is not good to hear. You think it may be Sprints network that is causing your issues perhaps?? I haven't tried my GPS yet but I'm hoping it works well for me when I do need it!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Would have like to see the volume keys be soft programmable . The volume up should have been voice recording instead of memo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I only had my G3 for 18 hours but this is what I want changed. I rarely use the Camera/Memo apps, even I could only change it to LG apps I would rather use Browser/Remote.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

My wife had a VZW G3 for a week. She returned due to rampant bug issues and screen/battery drain problems. While we were in the store returning, 2 others were returning G3s. We decided to try an exchange for another G3 because my wife really likes what LG is doing design and UI wise. The rep brought out the replacement G3 and my wife immediately asked if she could look at it. She powered it up and was instantly dismayed that the new device's screen looked dingy and washed out like her original G3. She handed it back to the rep and received a refund.
Apparently there are some solid devices out there but also some really poor performing ones. I don't know know if there's possibly a poor QA department at LG.

adamckeefe

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Verizon G3 for a couple weeks and I'm pretty happy. I agree the the volume button shortcuts should be programmable. A few other things that bug me -

The notification shade is very crowded. Why do the notifications show up in expanded mode instead of collapsed? I can't figure out a way to change this. They should be collapsed by default, then you can expand them if you want.

I like the toggles at the top of the notification shade, but I'd rather have the option to disable them and use my own app like power toggles.

I also love the built in ability to hide the soft buttons, but I wish you could add other buttons instead of the limited options.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I really like the 5.5 g3 screen and have no issues with holding, carrying the phone in pocket but... I have my g2 sitting on the table and when I went up to g3 I said, "it's not that much bigger"... But now I hold the g2 and say, "it's noticeably smaller in hand" and I like that or the nexus 4 I still have.

With that, I wish LG would do this if rumors are true...

http://phandroid.com/2014/07/31/sony-xperia-z3-compact-leak/

A full powered phone in compact 4.7-5" display with no trade off to any specs except mainly screen size and I wouldn't mind if 1080. I think that the difference between 4.7 and 5 are great enough where they can have two full powered models instead of cheapening the specs like others have.

I love the nexus line but I hate the recent rumors of moto doing the next nexus in 5.8"?!! That's insane. I really don't want to buy a phone any bigger than this. I rather stay 4.7 to 5-5.2"

I can see my next phone being the z3 compact or z4 compact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol