Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Thought id start this topic and see what people dont like about the phone and what could be improved.

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Well its just a very slight thing the battery not that its poor its not but could be improved. I wonder with this new Battery tech that I have been reading about, how far down the line until its available? It will reportedly last 3 times longer hmm this would be great.

    But in all honesty I can get through a whole days use, charge overnight and I'm good to go again.

    The Camera in lowlight situations could be better.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    The only thing I can think of if anything is a slightly thicker phone and maybe a 4000mah battery.

    Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    I would like to see more accessories at launch like a spare battery and charger.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  5. #5  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    I went to 3 stores to play around with the G3, and I couldn't wrap my finger around it, but I finally figured out why I wasn't overly excited about the G3 until now. First, what I do like: The UI is definitely refreshing. I love the light aqua blues and the overall software enhancements that seem to add to the Android experience rather than overcrowd/bloat it. What I didn't like is the on screen buttons. I thought I would love this feature the most, but the on screen buttons along with the thin bezels make the phone feel like a 5 inch phone instead of a larger phone. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the look of larger phones (5.5-5.7 inches). Slim bezels (though appreciated) if its coupled with on screen buttons, it seems to visually decrease the "real estate" of the screen...and that's my only complaint at the moment.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    I went to 3 stores to play around with the G3, and I couldn't wrap my finger around it, but I finally figured out why I wasn't overly excited about the G3 until now. First, what I do like: The UI is definitely refreshing. I love the light aqua blues and the overall software enhancements that seem to add to the Android experience rather than overcrowd/bloat it. What I didn't like is the on screen buttons. I thought I would love this feature the most, but the on screen buttons along with the thin bezels make the phone feel like a 5 inch phone instead of a larger phone. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the look of larger phones (5.5-5.7 inches). Slim bezels (though appreciated) if its coupled with on screen buttons, it seems to visually decrease the "real estate" of the screen...and that's my only complaint at the moment.
    Lg have included a feature so that you can hide the on screen buttons.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    I went to 3 stores to play around with the G3, and I couldn't wrap my finger around it, but I finally figured out why I wasn't overly excited about the G3 until now. First, what I do like: The UI is definitely refreshing. I love the light aqua blues and the overall software enhancements that seem to add to the Android experience rather than overcrowd/bloat it. What I didn't like is the on screen buttons. I thought I would love this feature the most, but the on screen buttons along with the thin bezels make the phone feel like a 5 inch phone instead of a larger phone. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I actually like the look of larger phones (5.5-5.7 inches). Slim bezels (though appreciated) if its coupled with on screen buttons, it seems to visually decrease the "real estate" of the screen...and that's my only complaint at the moment.
    Yes the onscreen buttons was my issue on the g2 but on the g3 u can go into home touch button setting and hide the onscreen buttons for any app of ur choice. I found that very useful and i dont need to root

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    The micro stutter. The g2 had zero lag and zero stutter and that's what made me love it. I'm hoping a update will fix this issue. Nothing else seems to bother me but that. Enabling ART seem to fix this issue but it drained my battery quick. I might just buy a spare battery to fix this issue.

    Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    Yes the onscreen buttons was my issue on the g2 but on the g3 u can go into home touch button setting and hide the onscreen buttons for any app of ur choice. I found that very useful and i dont need to root
    I read about being able to hide it, but I didn't know how. Also, does it reappear when you need it again? How does that work?
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    You could try enabling developer mode and changing window animation scale, transition scale and animator scale to .5x.

    This may or may not cure but worth a try :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    I read about being able to hide it, but I didn't know how. Also, does it reappear when you need it again? How does that work?
    Yes a swipe up from bottom of the screen and a translucent navigation bar will appear :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  
    aeronaut's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Would have like to see the volume keys be soft programmable . The volume up should have been voice recording instead of memo.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    bembol likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by peacefulberry View Post
    I read about being able to hide it, but I didn't know how. Also, does it reappear when you need it again? How does that work?
    Go into settings-display-home touch buttons- scroll down to hide home touch.

    Yes itll appear when u swipe up from the bottom of the screen

    Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  14. #14  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    You could try enabling developer mode and changing window animation scale, transition scale and animator scale to .5x.

    This may or may not cure but worth a try :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
    I did that. Didn't do much. I just enabled ART again. I took a screen shot of my battery to compare it with the ART tomorrow. I'll let u guys know. Going to order another battery. Anyone recommend a after market battery they bought for the g3? Looking on amazon now.

    Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    LED notifications needs to be faster rate. I would like to just take a quick glimpse at my phone to see it but it takes about 10 seconds for it to blink again.

    Posted via Android Central App
    hls811 and akira751 like this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Notification LED could be a little brighter.
    Would be nice to get Qi charging.
    On the LG keyboard, next word prediction would make it perfect for me.
    I could live with the size of the phone with 5.5" display but I prefer 4.7" to 5"-5.2" as optimal size.
    Bigger battery in same size... G3 adequate but you can never have too much battery
    hls811 likes this.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Now that I'm reading all this about qi charging, I wish it came with it.

    Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    Notification LED could be a little brighter.
    )
    i agree here
  19. #19  
    darlene24's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    For me having this g3, I don't have an idea to unlike something about this phone. I probably like this phone..
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by wsrep View Post
    LED notifications needs to be faster rate. I would like to just take a quick glimpse at my phone to see it but it takes about 10 seconds for it to blink again.

    Posted via Android Central App

    use this app here it works like wonders.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tmanager&hl=en
  21. #21  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Not something I dislike but more of an annoyance/hindrance. Every time I get an incoming text, when I click on the pop up message indicating the message/text on my lock screen, I tap on it and then swipe to open....then the homescreen shows up but its fuzzy blurry for about a second and a half and then clears up for about another second and a half and then the message app pops with with text. How the hell do I curb/fix this???
  22. #22  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    Not something I dislike but more of an annoyance/hindrance. Every time I get an incoming text, when I click on the pop up message indicating the message/text on my lock screen, I tap on it and then swipe to open....then the homescreen shows up but its fuzzy blurry for about a second and a half and then clears up for about another second and a half and then the message app pops with with text. How the hell do I curb/fix this???
    A factory reset perhaps hmmm lol

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #23  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    A factory reset perhaps hmmm lol

    Posted via Android Central App
    lol no no no, not yet, lol!!

    It looks to me like its re-drawing the home screen for the first second and a half I suppose but its really the only time I see that! I'll just simply swipe to open and then go to my message instead of trying to access it from the lock screen. I was just wondering if any of you guys were going through this and had a fix for it.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    lol no no no, not yet, lol!!

    It looks to me like its re-drawing the home screen for the first second and a half I suppose but its really the only time I see that! I'll just simply swipe to open and then go to my message instead of trying to access it from the lock screen. I was just wondering if any of you guys were going through this and had a fix for it.
    Haven't seen this on mine, sorry not much help, have you had a look over at XDA?

    But seriously factory reset may cure :-P

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default Re: What dont you like about the g3 and what can be improved?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Haven't seen this on mine, sorry not much help, have you had a look over at XDA?

    But seriously factory reset may cure :-P

    Posted via Android Central App
    No I haven't checked over there. Its very minimal so its not much of a problem. Just wish I could get rid of it. I'll try to make a video of it later when I get home to show you guys.

    .....factory reset will be on stand by for the time being :-P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LG Health App and G Watch
    By godsidekurt in forum LG G3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2014, 11:51 PM
  2. Best android phone for the 300ish price point
    By Asmello44 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 03:23 PM
  3. I hate the way the S5 numbers pictures and videos
    By A_Lariv in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-02-2014, 03:18 AM
  4. Can the M8 play PS3 games with an emulator?
    By AnimalMotherASF in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 03:58 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 05:44 PM

Posting Permissions