Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google keyboard gapps error

Anyone else use Google Keyboard? If so, are you getting a gapp force close error during boot up?

Also did you find a fix? I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no luck as well as clearing data. I'm using the LG keyboard for now but I did like Google keyboard.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

Default Re: Google keyboard gapps error

I like Google keyboard in the sense that I'm used to it on another device, but am happily learning new tricks with LG's on the G3.
    Have you tried a cache partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

In getting used to LG keyboard. After I posted this, I was using LG and found a way to make the keys bigger. I'm getting used to it now.

VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom

I use the Android L keyboard from Google and I get this pop-up on every boot. Haven't found a way to get rid of it but it does not currently affect anything.

I have tried wiping cache etc.. all the normal fixes.

EDIT: I just wiped the Android L Google Keyboard application's cache and this resolved the issue!

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Anyone else use Google Keyboard? If so, are you getting a gapp force close error during boot up?

Also did you find a fix? I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it with no luck as well as clearing data. I'm using the LG keyboard for now but I did like Google keyboard.

I've been using Google keyboard exclusively since I picked my phone up on Saturday. No issues.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I wished app cache was the issue but didn't work for me. I'll get used to the LG keyboard for bow. Its actually not bad once Its resized. That was the only reason I didn't like it.

VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I like Google keyboard in the sense that I'm used to it on another device, but am happily learning new tricks with LG's on the G3.
    Have you tried a cache partition wipe?

Posted via Android Central App
    That did the trick. Thanks. Now I have a bigger keyboard without taking up too much screen space. I love google keyboard. Always have. I have been using it for about a year and I tried others but always came back to google keyboard.

The only thing I didn't like was when using the swipe function, the lg doesn't add the space.

VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom