Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fried Rice Mofo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ART on T-Mobile

I had enabled ART and disabled it due to what seem like quick battery drain. So over the mirco stutters that I went ahead and enabled again but this time to compare how fast my battery will drain throughout the day. I took a screen shot right before my phone was about to die. I'm a moderate/heavy user, big texter and browser mainly. ART is so smooth, just as smooth and even faster than my LG g2. Here's the screen shots. I have screen brightness set at manual 50%. I also have read that charging time takes longer as well, I hope that's not the case but I will also be testing that out. Android L can't come soon enough!

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ART on T-Mobile-1406610536985.jpg   ART on T-Mobile-1406610547328.jpg  

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Myn's Two point Two Rls 5

Default Re: ART on T-Mobile

My battery seemed to do fine, but my aux input went out of commission. Back to Dalvik..

Indeed, can't wait for L!

Posted via Android Central App
    gummyjelly likes this.

13 hours of battery life is really good, I have no idea why you are complaining

Posted via Android Central App on my T-Mobile LG G3

OP: That's a good screen time. Apparently some Verizon users get random shutdowns when running ART, so let us know if this happens.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    13 hours of battery life is really good, I have no idea why you are complaining

Posted via Android Central App on my T-Mobile LG G3
    That's with Dalvik not ART. Testing it with ART now and will post a screen shot later 😊

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    OP: That's a good screen time. Apparently some Verizon users get random shutdowns when running ART, so let us know if this happens.

Yes I've read that. I haven't had that happen yet.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Fried Rice Mofo View Post
    My battery seemed to do fine, but my aux input went out of commission. Back to Dalvik..

Indeed, can't wait for L!

Just tested the Aux and it works fine for me 😁

Carrier
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

I'm on ATT...but nonetheless, I am at a loss as to whether ART is actually "better" or not. I've had absolutely 0 issues while running it, but don't actually know if it is smoother or faster. What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
    I'm on ATT...but nonetheless, I am at a loss as to whether ART is actually "better" or not. I've had absolutely 0 issues while running it, but don't actually know if it is smoother or faster. What do you all think?
    Dalvik is fine.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok so ART didn't drain my battery like I thought it did. I think turning off the temperature setting in the hidden menu was what had done that. I turned that back off a couple of days ago due to it not doing anything to lag. I haven't had any issues with ART enabled but I did notice the stock messager no longer notifies when receiving a text. No sound, no pop up and no symbol on notification bar. However textra works perfect with it. This isn't a issue since I use textra for my messager. I like textra because I can have custom text tones for certain contacts. Here's my screen shots with ART enabled. I will be keeping it on... My phone is lag free 😊 its actually better battery life.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ART on T-Mobile-1406693049991.jpg   ART on T-Mobile-1406693060304.jpg