Charging docks for G3?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I only see one real option on amazon for charging docks. Mobile Pioneer. All the reviews are for the M8 however- suspect. And it's not reviewed well.
What are the options out there for a standard charging dock? Can it be that there is nothing on the market??

Sailindawg

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The only charging dock that supports the PMA wireless charging standard is the pad by Duracell. AT&T had Qi charging hardware disabled & the AT&T variant only supports PMA. At the moment, there is officially the circle case that supports PMA charging & the Duracell mat for the AT&T G3.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
The circle case sucks. Its great case if you like using two hands but makes the phone unusable in one hand. I'm gna do surgery and move the PMA sticker to the normal back. The circle window is cool but needs more apps to be more usable. Good case overall tho. I'm just not a case guy.

Posted via Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for a qi back plate. I don't like the circle case. I hate having that flap

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah- all good.
What I'm really asking about is a normal regular ol' charging dock that sits on your desk and plugs in. Drop the phone on the cradle, it holds it for you and charges it. I only see one option on amazon.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The only charging dock that supports the PMA wireless charging standard is the pad by Duracell. AT&T had Qi charging hardware disabled & the AT&T variant only supports PMA. At the moment, there is officially the circle case that supports PMA charging & the Duracell mat for the AT&T G3.

Man, I love AT&T. It's amazing that they left the phone radio enabled.

so where to get that duracel mat? I can't see it on amazon.

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Its on amazon search PMA Matt it comes with a battery and iPhone 4 case for 25 bucks I think. It terrible. Now for a PMA charger that uses USB so I can use it on go with my laptop like my qi chargers did

Posted via Android Central App

Z Z2

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Looking for this as well. I can tell you the Belkin dock for the S4 on Amazon works for the G3 but only if you don't have a case. With a case, it doesn't fit tightly enough.

I''m hoping this one works.

I've tried a few others and they don't work.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
OK-BTT
I'm looking for a simple docking station for the G3....Cradle that holds the phone and provides charging thru the USB port.
Should be hundreds of these but I can find nothing! Any ideas? Charging docks for OTHER phones that will work?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm just sitting here kind of amazed.
I find maybe ONE charging dock on amazon, that's reviewed very poorly. LG apparently does not make one.
Im not talking about wireless, just a regular dock, that holds the phone in a stable fashion, and charges it via the microUSB port.

This is not one of the more popular flagship phones on the planet, and there's just one lousy aftermarket dock for this?
Nobody sets their phone on a charging cradle at work or on their nightstand?

It's kind of like AT&T pooched us by killing Qi charging, and there's so little options for PMA charging...and then I can't even get a basic DOCK for this?!

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

But that's just a charger for the battery. Actually, on the amazon page, it's hard to tell exactlyy WHAT it is. There's no description that I can see and one poor photo. Plus it ships from South Korea!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2