Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By RHChan84
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charging docks for G3?

I only see one real option on amazon for charging docks. Mobile Pioneer. All the reviews are for the M8 however- suspect. And it's not reviewed well.
    What are the options out there for a standard charging dock? Can it be that there is nothing on the market??

Default Re: Charging docks for G3?

The only charging dock that supports the PMA wireless charging standard is the pad by Duracell. AT&T had Qi charging hardware disabled & the AT&T variant only supports PMA. At the moment, there is officially the circle case that supports PMA charging & the Duracell mat for the AT&T G3.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

The circle case sucks. Its great case if you like using two hands but makes the phone unusable in one hand. I'm gna do surgery and move the PMA sticker to the normal back. The circle window is cool but needs more apps to be more usable. Good case overall tho. I'm just not a case guy.

Posted via Android Central App

I'm waiting for a qi back plate. I don't like the circle case. I hate having that flap

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    mikepas, akira751 and Neibl like this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah- all good.
    What I'm really asking about is a normal regular ol' charging dock that sits on your desk and plugs in. Drop the phone on the cradle, it holds it for you and charges it. I only see one option on amazon.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Sailindawg View Post
    The only charging dock that supports the PMA wireless charging standard is the pad by Duracell. AT&T had Qi charging hardware disabled & the AT&T variant only supports PMA. At the moment, there is officially the circle case that supports PMA charging & the Duracell mat for the AT&T G3.
    Man, I love AT&T. It's amazing that they left the phone radio enabled.

so where to get that duracel mat? I can't see it on amazon.

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts

Its on amazon search PMA Matt it comes with a battery and iPhone 4 case for 25 bucks I think. It terrible. Now for a PMA charger that uses USB so I can use it on go with my laptop like my qi chargers did

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    I'm waiting for a qi back plate. I don't like the circle case. I hate having that flap

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    Or just buy a Qi sticker and slap it on your battery door cover - PRE-ORDER: Qi/NFC Wireless Charging Sticker … | LG G3 | XDA Forum

Looking for this as well. I can tell you the Belkin dock for the S4 on Amazon works for the G3 but only if you don't have a case. With a case, it doesn't fit tightly enough.

I''m hoping this one works.

I've tried a few others and they don't work.
    Thanked by:
    Neibl 

Nope
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

OK-BTT
    I'm looking for a simple docking station for the G3....Cradle that holds the phone and provides charging thru the USB port.
    Should be hundreds of these but I can find nothing! Any ideas? Charging docks for OTHER phones that will work?

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I'm just sitting here kind of amazed.
    I find maybe ONE charging dock on amazon, that's reviewed very poorly. LG apparently does not make one.
    Im not talking about wireless, just a regular dock, that holds the phone in a stable fashion, and charges it via the microUSB port.

This is not one of the more popular flagship phones on the planet, and there's just one lousy aftermarket dock for this?
    Nobody sets their phone on a charging cradle at work or on their nightstand?

It's kind of like AT&T pooched us by killing Qi charging, and there's so little options for PMA charging...and then I can't even get a basic DOCK for this?!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by jeff327 View Post
    But that's just a charger for the battery. Actually, on the amazon page, it's hard to tell exactlyy WHAT it is. There's no description that I can see and one poor photo. Plus it ships from South Korea!