LG G3 14 day window thread

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Who's returning it and why? I'm on the fence due to 1.) The weak IR blaster 2.) Lack of development 3.) Paranoid about the display and the SD 801 4.) Paranoid about LGs updates

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Like the phone, paid full retail, but I'd be foolish not to hold off a month and see what the Note 4 brings. If it's uninspiring I can always pick up another G3. The next Moto X-1 doesn't seem to have any timetable, that would be the only other phone I'd like to see.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Returned my in my 14 days due to too many GPS inaccuracies, concerns of updates, being worse that its AT&T, static issues in the speaker when plugged in sounding like interference. Picked up the Z2 and haven't regretted.

Posted via Android Central App

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Returned the gold one i had to sprint and went to t-mobile and got another G3. Love it! Best phone of the year without a doubt

Posted via my LG G3

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Purchased mine on July 11 through Bestbuy. Thought about the 14 day return policy as I was buying it. Took it home.....LOVED IT......did not return it after 14 days. AWESOME phone!!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
lack of dev shouldnt be a hindrance, especially so early in the US release, how much development does one really need?

Theres plenty in XDA and if you check the Optimus G and G2 forums there, you'd see that enough has been done.

hockeymn25

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Like everything about the G3. Already rooted and ready for whatever developers throw out that looks good. No chance I return it!

Matto2007

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If I cannot sort out the ear piece buzzing I very well may return it because its going to drive me crazy. Friends and family already think I am crazy most cannot hear it but the only one who counts my wife says she hears it plan as day wonder if she is just upholding her vows to me in sickness and health... :)
No really I love the phone other than the buzz and the lack of support for apps I think because of the screen.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
My device is damn near perfect. Crystal clear call quality. My headphone jack works great. I don't use official launchers from any phone so that's no worry. Action launcher and nova run buttery smooth. My phone has yet to throw off any major heat like others have apparently had. Battery life is way more than what I was getting with my gs4.
TLDR: I love everything about this phone so far.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Still have 6 days before my best buy return expires and my decision was made after the first day. The LG g3 is a huge keeper. Was going to wait for the next moto x but there is no way that it will beat the g3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Still have 6 days before my best buy return expires and my decision was made after the first day. The LG g3 is a huge keeper. Was going to wait for the next moto x but there is no way that it will beat the g3.

Just like me! As soon as the girl opened it up and handed it to me, I was impressed with the design and way it felt in my hand. When I started playing with it....it was a wrap! I knew I was keeping it!

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I purchased the phone July 22nd. Still contemplating returning the phone. The battery is not near as good as I hoped, the 2K display seems like more of a gimic to me than an actual useful feature, and the display brightness is well below average. I have never been a huge fan of skins over android and LG 's is no exception. I have noticed some lagging and overheating the past couple days. The good side the camera is amazing, the knock on and knock code feature are great, the size of the phone is perfect, and expandable storage. So I will be going down to the wire with this thing on whether to return or not.

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Had the phone since Saturday, but leaning pretty heftily towards returning for an HTC One M8. I see a lot of potential in this phone, but in its current state it lacks a lot of polish. Way too much lag, and the brightness of the screen leaves a lot to be desired. I played around with the HTC during my lunch break, and it's significantly more responsive. Couple that with HTC's better history regarding software updates, and it makes for a much more compelling argument than staying with the G3 currently. My only concern with the HTC is the camera difference, but i'm not sure that's gonna keep me with the LG.

Who's returning it and why? I'm on the fence due to 1.) The weak IR blaster 2.) Lack of development 3.) Paranoid about the display and the SD 801 4.) Paranoid about LGs updates

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2