Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default holster

This is my first smartphone. Just purchased a lg g3 with incioio case and glass protector Need a belt holster or pouch to fit
    this. Does the sedico surface work?

Also suggestions where I can purchase the lg hss f420b headset

Default Re: holster

SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for LG G3 - If phone is naked
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case & Holster Combo for LG G3 - If you want phone paired with the Surface w/ Metal Kickstand case.

Both should work fine, as they are designed for the G3. I'm sure there are plenty of other options available as well.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrfibbs View Post
    Need a belt holster or pouch to fit this.
    An expensive smartphone in a holster is asking to be robbed.
    Keep stealable objects out of public sight as much as you can.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JaiMento View Post
    SEIDIO | Spring-Clip Holster for LG G3 - If phone is naked
    SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case & Holster Combo for LG G3 - If you want phone paired with the Surface w/ Metal Kickstand case.

Both should work fine, as they are designed for the G3. I'm sure there are plenty of other options available as well.
    I bought the Spring-Clip and returning it after it scratched the back of my phone! And also the clip is Junk!

Posted via Android Central App on my T-Mobile LG G3
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by mrfibbs View Post
    This is my first smartphone. Just purchased a lg g3 with incioio case and glass protector Need a belt holster or pouch to fit
    this. Does the sedico surface work?

Also suggestions where I can purchase the lg hss f420b headset
    Seidio Holster will work with the Surface only. The holster is designed to fit that thickness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    I've been using Seidio for the past 6 years and never had a problem. If you're going to keep stealable objects out of public sight, might as well not use your phone in public either. Someone can just snatch it from your hands/face.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    I bought the Spring-Clip and returning it after it scratched the back of my phone! And also the clip is Junk!

I have no problems with the clip. Never broke on me even after being caught on doors or seat belts. I did have an issue with the felt lining peeling at the bottom but they replaced it without any hesitation. But it started to happen on the replacement as well.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by dcemureviews View Post
    Seidio Holster will work with the Surface only. The holster is designed to fit that thickness.

I've been using Seidio for the past 6 years and never had a problem. If you're going to keep stealable objects out of public sight, might as well not use your phone in public either. Someone can just snatch it from your hands/face.

I have no problems with the clip. Never broke on me even after being caught on doors or seat belts. I did have an issue with the felt lining peeling at the bottom but they replaced it without any hesitation. But it started to happen on the replacement as well.
    And your phone is not getting scratched?

Thanked by:

I've used Seidio holsters for most of my phones, in many cases I get the version that uses the case thicker than the Surface. That way I can use other non Seidio cases. I will usually get them from Amazon, that way I can return hassle free if it does not work (a little trial and error).
    As far as the "stealing it because people can see it" comment, I don't know even know how to respond to that.
    The current Surface holster is one of the tighter fits I've seen. Not sure too many other cases will work with it. I am using the LG Wireless charging case, it fits fine in the Surface holster.
    I have never used the non holster case so no input there.
    Thanked by:

I've used Seidio holsters for years and love them. I was dissapointed when they never made one for the Verizon G2.

I did discover that Best Buy has a platinum line of cases that are exactly the same as the Seidio. I'm assuming one makes it for the other.
    On my G3 I'm using the platinum case with holster which was $39.99 vs $54.95 from Seidio. It holds the phone very solidly.

I've never heard of someone ripping a phone off your belt. In NYC the big thing thats been going on is stealing the phone from your hands
    while you're sitting on a bus or the subway. On the subway they time it to grab the phone and get out as the doors as closing.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysSmile View Post
    And your phone is not getting scratched?

I have the Seidio Surface. So my phone does not get scratched. I don't have the holster and the phone naked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyvideo View Post
    I've used Seidio holsters for years and love them. I was dissapointed when they never made one for the Verizon G2.

I did discover that Best Buy has a platinum line of cases that are exactly the same as the Seidio. I'm assuming one makes it for the other.
    On my G3 I'm using the platinum case with holster which was $39.99 vs $54.95 from Seidio. It holds the phone very solidly.

I've never heard of someone ripping a phone off your belt. In NYC the big thing thats been going on is stealing the phone from your hands
    while you're sitting on a bus or the subway. On the subway they time it to grab the phone and get out as the doors as closing.
    The Platinum from Best Buy is just a rebranded Seidio.

I bought my Seidio Surface with holster on eBay for $40
    Thanked by:

Pftwanger...I have that case/holster combo...got it at Verizon on launch day. It think you'll be happy with it. It is very secure.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

Quote Originally Posted by Indoler View Post
    Good thing I have a concealed weapons permit! 😉

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pftwanger View Post
    Hi:

I ordered this one from amazon. It won't arrive until Friday, so I'll have to post a review later.

Amazon.com: LG G3 Puregear Kickstand Case Holster Combo - Rubberized Case with Kickstand and Belt Clip - Retail Packaged: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by rolandofgilead View Post
    Pftwanger...I have that case/holster combo...got it at Verizon on launch day. It think you'll be happy with it. It is very secure.

I've had that case before. It was pain to get out and the kickstand felt cheap to me. Every time I went to use it, I felt like I was going to break it.
    Thanked by:

Wow, two very different reviews!

I'll hopefully have it Friday and use it for a few days. Then I'll post my thoughts and add to the confusion!

Lol, well I can understand that point of view. Honestly, I very rarely use a kickstand. I guess I was just concerned mainly with the holster holding the phone securely. I'm an industrial generator technician and have had bad luck with phones. This case does hold the phone very securely.

Thanked by:

Holster? You might as well just rock one of these for your phone:

holster-my_fanny_pack.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nyvideo View Post
    I've never heard of someone ripping a phone off your belt.
    They won't. Too much can go wrong.
    Instead they'll shove a gun in your face or a knife in your ribs and ask you nicely to hand it over.
    Because they've seen you've got it. And they want it. And they have a lot of time to to simply follow you to a quiet spot...
    Thanked by:

I use the case holster combo from Verizon fits great very slim with enough protection. holster-uploadfromtaptalk1406725851344.jpg
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    Thanked by:

I bought a couple of cheap belt/clip leather holsters from Amazon. I have a slim armor case on my phone and it fits perfectly. As to looking like a fanny pack, I don't care. I'm 49 and leave my shirts untucked and don't care what people think it looks like. I'm not putting that big phone in my pocket.