Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By VDub2174
  • 1 Post By stan23
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 users

I'm wanting to hear from the note 3 users that came to the g3. What are your thoughts. Keeping it, returning it pros and cons, anything.

I'm reconsidering the g3 over the note 3 and figure there has been some time now that people should have input. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Default Re: Note 3 users

I had the Note 3 but when to the G3 and I'm happy with my choice

I'm thinking that one con would be no S-Pen but in all honesty, I never used my S-Pen.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
    VW Maverick likes this.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Just go my G3 yesterday...still have my NOTE 3....this phone is much nicer, faster, camera is just as good if not better. As the above poster said no pen, but that is not that big of a deal, I hardly use it too. I am VERY HAPPY I got it.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbottone View Post
    Just go my G3 yesterday...still have my NOTE 3....this phone is much nicer, faster, camera is just as good if not better. As the above poster said no pen, but that is not that big of a deal, I hardly use it too. I am VERY HAPPY I got it.
    Would you say Note 3 display shows more saturated colours than G3?

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I don't use the s pen much myself. One thing I know I would miss would be the spare battery travel system.

I came from the N3 (and I LOVED that phone) it was perfect for me, even though I didn't care for the Spen. Everything was perfect.

The G3 is just as great, but I do like the higher res of the G3, and the OS seems much more polished. The tap on/off works perfect, and I have not experienced any bugs.

I wouldn't exactly call it an upgrade though.. more of a different experience. You can't go wrong with either.
    Userp222 likes this.

I had the Note 2 (yes 2) and I think I'm going back to it. The Note 2 is just such an awesome phone. I like the colors on the Note 2 better. I also have the Zero Lemon 9300mAh battery for it, and this battery just doesn't compare (no stock battery ever will). I'm going to wait for the Note 4 or G Flex 2

In many ways a lateral move from the Note 3. The Note 3 is a little more fluid but the overall difference is negligible.
    Was not a huge SPen user so no great loss.
    Cameras similar, I would give the speed to the G3 and the pic quality a slight edge to the Note 3.
    Screen is definitely brighter and more brilliant on the Note 3 (noticeable when side by side). Once you get the G3 alone and use it for a while the screen looks very good (I cannot discern between 1080P and QHD to be honest).
    I got the G3 because I could not get comfortable with the Note 3 size (getting it in and out of the pocket was stupid, not mention trying to sit down or bend forward with it) and I wanted to retain as much screen size as possible. The G3 appeared to be the closest thing to a lateral move as far as performance and it's a really nice looking phone. Just got the wireless charging circle case, very nice product.
    So far it's been a good decision.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Is the circle case only back that has wireless charging from lg. I don't want the flip cover.

As far as I know, yes. I am sure there will be other variants in the future.
    If not, you can always pull the wireless receiver from the flip circle case and put it in the back of your standard case.
    That's what I was going to do but as I play around with the case I am finding that it is really cool. Maybe when I get bored with it I will swap out the charging receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by trucksmoveamerica#AC View Post
    Is the circle case only back that has wireless charging from lg. I don't want the flip cover.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Would you say Note 3 display shows more saturated colours than G3?

Posted via Android Central App
    Unequivocally yes, and I used both devices on auto brightness. When side by side the difference is staggering, however my battery life is much better on the G3, as is reception. The G3 fits better in my hand, but the Note 3 feels better in the hand.

I like the G3 quite a bit, and like others have said, it's more of a lateral move. The biggest reason I switched was horrible battery life and reception after the kit Kat update.

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Definitely a keeper the Note 3 is a nice device but the G3 blows it away in my opinion.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Playing with one, notice dual window is more limited. G3 has just chrome browser and you can't use it in both Windows, note 3 you can put chrome in one and the browser in the other making comparison internet browsing easier.

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I switched from my Note 3 to the G3 today and I don't miss the Note 3 at all. I thought I'd miss the S pen, but to be honest, I didn't use it all that much. The screen on the G3 is better. However, the battery could use a little boost. The 3000 mAh battery isn't quite enough for this phone.