Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 70
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default LG G3 Lag. The truth?

    So its time for me to upgrade from my trusty Galaxy S 3, and I'm very interested in the Lg G3, but I keep reading about lag issues. And I really don't like lag ( I'm using a custom ROM on my GS3 which is pretty much lag free at the moment).

    Now some people say it's nothing, and others seem to give the impression that its a real problem. So I'm hoping to get some honest opinions here. Just how bad is it?

    Bearing in mind that I'm in the UK so if I do get a G3 it'll be the 2GB version.

    Its this or an M8, but the G3 really does appeal to me.

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    I am on AT&T in the states and very little lag if any here.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Me. U.S. Sprint. No lag ever noticed or noted.

    Mav.

    I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    i'm pretty particular about this stuff, but nothing abnormal on the ATT G3. i would say it's on par with every other recent android device.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    I'm on Verizon and my G3 shows no lag.

    Sent from my Verizon LG G3
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBreath View Post
    So its time for me to upgrade from my trusty Galaxy S 3, and I'm very interested in the Lg G3, but I keep reading about lag issues. And I really don't like lag ( I'm using a custom ROM on my GS3 which is pretty much lag free at the moment).

    Now some people say it's nothing, and others seem to give the impression that its a real problem. So I'm hoping to get some honest opinions here. Just how bad is it?

    Bearing in mind that I'm in the UK so if I do get a G3 it'll be the 2GB version.

    Its this or an M8, but the G3 really does appeal to me.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I have no lag on my Sprint G3. If you want to be persuaded by the negative feedback that is most common with EVERY device out there.....then don't get the G3. I would suggest you go to a store and play with it. If you have a friend who has one, play with it. If you like it, buy it! If not, you move on to greener pastures.
    Last edited by GrooveRite; 07-29-2014 at 02:40 PM.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    I'm here in the UK using the 2/16gb variant obviously.

    Did have a slight stutter in the app drawer scrolling. But it was not anything to say I would hold off for now over.

    It has since gone and I'm one very content G3 owner :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just wondering how much difference the extra gig of RAM makes in this case.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBreath View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just wondering how much difference the extra gig of RAM makes in this case.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I personally like big numbers and yes it would have been great to have the 3/32gb variant here in the UK.


    But make no mistake even the 2/16 with 1gb Less in the ram department will fly through most if not all tasks you can throw at it.

    Seriously I have no complaints here :-)

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    I owned a G3 for a few days in the UK and the lag was pretty bad. The phone was slower at pretty much everything compared to my nexus 5. Given most of the reviews are of the 3gb version, I'd be concerned that 2gb just isn't enough for that high res screen and the poorly optimised OS

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by aldo82 View Post
    I owned a G3 for a few days in the UK and the lag was pretty bad. The phone was slower at pretty much everything compared to my nexus 5. Given most of the reviews are of the 3gb version, I'd be concerned that 2gb just isn't enough for that high res screen and the poorly optimised OS

    Posted via Android Central App
    Sounds like you may have gotten what some call a "dud". I've used my G3 quite extensively and have seen no lag, granted I have the 3Gb RAM, but I've seen some 2Gb reviews and it appeared to be practically flawless.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by aldo82 View Post
    I owned a G3 for a few days in the UK and the lag was pretty bad. The phone was slower at pretty much everything compared to my nexus 5. Given most of the reviews are of the 3gb version, I'd be concerned that 2gb just isn't enough for that high res screen and the poorly optimised OS

    Posted via Android Central App
    And this is what you shouldn't listen to, I had the Nexus 5 infact two of them and let me tell you they were not flawless and one did lag a bit and yes I was surprised giving that its stock android.

    Well I'm being as honest as I can be,

    I jump in and out of apps, play music while surfing the web, YouTube videos, Photo's and a bit of video recording.

    I have shot in UHD for the allocated 5mins (Test) and it got warm but not Hot. Oh and no warnings or shutdowns.

    The only thing I haven't tried is gaming as I don't (but if you want me to test and report back I can).

    Honestly absolutely no issues here from my 2/16gb.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Kevin Oates likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Although i do not own a G3 yet, i have played with the AT&T and TMobile versions in store. i flicked and tapped around as fast as i could for a while and i did not see the lag most talk about.

    you really should go in store and play with one yourself, i feel that if you DO notice the lag, exchange it because there are units without it
    Thanked by:
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    Although i do not own a G3 yet, i have played with the AT&T and TMobile versions in store. i flicked and tapped around as fast as i could for a while and i did not see the lag most talk about.

    you really should go in store and play with one yourself, i feel that if you DO notice the lag, exchange it because there are units without it

    I'm going to try and get to a shop to try both the G3 and the M8.

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Like any mass produced device there will be some with issues.

    For me the G3 is an easy choice. I came from a long line of HTC phones and I was really debating between the One or G3. So glad I went with the G3 in the end it's near flawless

    Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    Thanked by:
    akira751 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    I'm in the UK using unlocked version no lag I love it. Sold my GS5 for this as that did have lag with a boat load of other problems

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    VZW and little lag once but I was setting up and google was syncing and I was playing a game but that was during initial setup. Haven't seen it since

    Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  18. #18  
    fgcchevy's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    G3 on sprint and I also came from an s3, the difference is night and day! If there is lag, u will not even realize it cause this phone is so much faster. Just my w cents

    Posted via Android Central App
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    I think I'm just going to go ahead and order the G3. I'll have 14 days to see how I get on with it ( I can only return it if its not had a sim in etc), but even just playing around with it should hopefully give me an idea of how it performs.

    If I was to go for the M8 without giving the G3 a go, I'd always be left wondering!

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Good man.
    It is my belief that you will love the phone and join us here in G3 Land.
    Where the wine flows like water and the girls are really cute.

    Mav.

    Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

    I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    tardus likes this.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Please do get the g3 I promise you will not regret it. I have the sprint version and honestly there is no lag in my phone. It has been great since taking it out of the box. LG g3 rocks!!!!

    Posted via Android Central App
    VW Maverick likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    There are always duds out there, and if you're phone's lagging, then yours is a dud. There is no lag on the G3. None.

    Some have switched from Dalvik to ART and on Verizon that causes the phone to stutter, lag, poor battery life, etc. I can confirm because it happened to me.

    There is no lag on the G3.
    On Order: 128GB Gold iPhone 6 Plus
    Proud owner of: White LG G2, + Nexus 7 & 10
    Soon to be gone: White LG G3
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, SG3, M8
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth5442 View Post
    Sounds like you may have gotten what some call a "dud". I've used my G3 quite extensively and have seen no lag, granted I have the 3Gb RAM, but I've seen some 2Gb reviews and it appeared to be practically flawless.
    I must've had 2 duds then. Returned the first one and second one was exactly the same. Was branded on 3 network in the uk so maybe it was their version of the os wth problems

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Lag. The truth?

    Who are you to dismiss someone's account or opinion?
    Wow, this goes way beyond you needing everyone to like this phone.
    I mean you are literally saying that if it's not a positive comment or coming from you then it must be ignored....creepy.


    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    And this is what you shouldn't listen to, I had the Nexus 5 infact two of them and let me tell you they were not flawless and one did lag a bit and yes I was surprised giving that its stock android.

    Well I'm being as honest as I can be,

    I jump in and out of apps, play music while surfing the web, YouTube videos, Photo's and a bit of video recording.

    I have shot in UHD for the allocated 5mins (Test) and it got warm but not Hot. Oh and no warnings or shutdowns.

    The only thing I haven't tried is gaming as I don't (but if you want me to test and report back I can).

    Honestly absolutely no issues here from my 2/16gb.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Who are you to dismiss someone's account or opinion?
    Wow, this goes way beyond you needing everyone to like this phone.
    I mean you are literally saying that if it's not a positive comment or coming from you then it must be ignored....creepy.
    Here we go again you must love me why thank you but I don't swing that way lol

    I was stating a point as Aldo82 stated that the Nexus 5 was much smoother and in some regards it no doubt is but I had experience of lag with one while the other was OK.

    This will happen in any device or a possibility and even stock android.

    I stated yes this is what people shouldn't listen to. Who am I to dismiss someone else's claim.

    Hmm I am a person with my own opinions and views.

    So what your saying in that statement is that you must have a higher authority to state you shouldn't listen to this guy.

    He could of replied himself instead of you flexing yet again. And said the same thing about me why should anyone listen to me?

    People have their own minds and if they choose to look at my post and say that yeh they shouldn't listen to this statement made by Aldo82 or me for that matter.

    I do NOT expect everyone to agree with me, nor would I want them to.

    We all have our own opinions and I can choose to say don't listen to this just as much as someone can say don't listen to my claims.

    I wasn't offensive nor aggressive.... Aldo82 I simply was meaning I don't agree with you..

    But yet again you go trolling and act like Rambo on AC and I'm going to sort you all out.

    Notice plenty of people have said similar thing to people on various threads and yet its just me you flex to.

    [removed by moderator]

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by Paul627g; 07-30-2014 at 08:28 AM.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: Yesterday, 02:28 PM
  2. The "I don't have any LG G3 issues thread"
    By AstroStrat89 in forum LG G3
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 08:55 PM
  3. My Samsung Galaxy S4 won't charge in the car
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 02:59 PM
  4. Spare Battery and charger for the S5
    By jmagid51 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM
  5. lg motion. root successful but new problems since.
    By Nowucme Nowudont in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions