LG G3 Lag. The truth?

ZombieBreath

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
So its time for me to upgrade from my trusty Galaxy S 3, and I'm very interested in the Lg G3, but I keep reading about lag issues. And I really don't like lag ( I'm using a custom ROM on my GS3 which is pretty much lag free at the moment).

Now some people say it's nothing, and others seem to give the impression that its a real problem. So I'm hoping to get some honest opinions here. Just how bad is it?

Bearing in mind that I'm in the UK so if I do get a G3 it'll be the 2GB version.

Its this or an M8, but the G3 really does appeal to me.

Posted via Android Central App

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Lag. The truth?

i'm pretty particular about this stuff, but nothing abnormal on the ATT G3. i would say it's on par with every other recent android device.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

So its time for me to upgrade from my trusty Galaxy S 3, and I'm very interested in the Lg G3, but I keep reading about lag issues. And I really don't like lag ( I'm using a custom ROM on my GS3 which is pretty much lag free at the moment).

Now some people say it's nothing, and others seem to give the impression that its a real problem. So I'm hoping to get some honest opinions here. Just how bad is it?

Bearing in mind that I'm in the UK so if I do get a G3 it'll be the 2GB version.

Its this or an M8, but the G3 really does appeal to me.

I have no lag on my Sprint G3. If you want to be persuaded by the negative feedback that is most common with EVERY device out there.....then don't get the G3. I would suggest you go to a store and play with it. If you have a friend who has one, play with it. If you like it, buy it! If not, you move on to greener pastures.

Last edited:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm here in the UK using the 2/16gb variant obviously.

Did have a slight stutter in the app drawer scrolling. But it was not anything to say I would hold off for now over.

It has since gone and I'm one very content G3 owner :)

ZombieBreath

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just wondering how much difference the extra gig of RAM makes in this case.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just wondering how much difference the extra gig of RAM makes in this case.

I personally like big numbers and yes it would have been great to have the 3/32gb variant here in the UK.

But make no mistake even the 2/16 with 1gb Less in the ram department will fly through most if not all tasks you can throw at it.

Seriously I have no complaints here :)

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

I owned a G3 for a few days in the UK and the lag was pretty bad. The phone was slower at pretty much everything compared to my nexus 5. Given most of the reviews are of the 3gb version, I'd be concerned that 2gb just isn't enough for that high res screen and the poorly optimised OS

TheTruth5442

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

I owned a G3 for a few days in the UK and the lag was pretty bad. The phone was slower at pretty much everything compared to my nexus 5. Given most of the reviews are of the 3gb version, I'd be concerned that 2gb just isn't enough for that high res screen and the poorly optimised OS

Sounds like you may have gotten what some call a "dud". I've used my G3 quite extensively and have seen no lag, granted I have the 3Gb RAM, but I've seen some 2Gb reviews and it appeared to be practically flawless.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

And this is what you shouldn't listen to, I had the Nexus 5 infact two of them and let me tell you they were not flawless and one did lag a bit and yes I was surprised giving that its stock android.

Well I'm being as honest as I can be,

I jump in and out of apps, play music while surfing the web, YouTube videos, Photo's and a bit of video recording.

I have shot in UHD for the allocated 5mins (Test) and it got warm but not Hot. Oh and no warnings or shutdowns.

The only thing I haven't tried is gaming as I don't (but if you want me to test and report back I can).

Honestly absolutely no issues here from my 2/16gb.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

Although i do not own a G3 yet, i have played with the AT&T and TMobile versions in store. i flicked and tapped around as fast as i could for a while and i did not see the lag most talk about.

you really should go in store and play with one yourself, i feel that if you DO notice the lag, exchange it because there are units without it

ZombieBreath

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Although i do not own a G3 yet, i have played with the AT&T and TMobile versions in store. i flicked and tapped around as fast as i could for a while and i did not see the lag most talk about.

you really should go in store and play with one yourself, i feel that if you DO notice the lag, exchange it because there are units without it

I'm going to try and get to a shop to try both the G3 and the M8.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Like any mass produced device there will be some with issues.

For me the G3 is an easy choice. I came from a long line of HTC phones and I was really debating between the One or G3. So glad I went with the G3 in the end it's near flawless

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the UK using unlocked version no lag I love it. Sold my GS5 for this as that did have lag with a boat load of other problems

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

VZW and little lag once but I was setting up and google was syncing and I was playing a game but that was during initial setup. Haven't seen it since

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

G3 on sprint and I also came from an s3, the difference is night and day! If there is lag, u will not even realize it cause this phone is so much faster. Just my w cents

ZombieBreath

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

I think I'm just going to go ahead and order the G3. I'll have 14 days to see how I get on with it ( I can only return it if its not had a sim in etc), but even just playing around with it should hopefully give me an idea of how it performs.

If I was to go for the M8 without giving the G3 a go, I'd always be left wondering!

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Good man.
It is my belief that you will love the phone and join us here in G3 Land.
Where the wine flows like water and the girls are really cute. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs