Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree63Likes

Default Re: Lets Be Honest Here G3's Screen Isn't GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    Samsung is complete **** there fame is over its done for them since the gs4. Now its just overly hyped like iphone. Both complete garbage devices and only for morons who actually like there products.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure why all the hate towards Samsung. Yes they have been resting on their laurels it appears and not sure why they can't get touchwiz right. But I'd say the note line is their flagship and not the gs line anymore. And might not want to spout off about someone being a moron when you use the wrong form of their(you use there) competition is a good thing not sure why so many people want a one horse race in the android space. And no I don't use a Samsung phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    I'm not sure why all the hate towards Samsung. Yes they have been resting on their laurels it appears and not sure why they can't get touchwiz right. But I'd say the note line is their flagship and not the gs line anymore. And might not want to spout off about someone being a moron when you use the wrong form of their(you use there) competition is a good thing not sure why so many people want a one horse race in the android space. And no I don't use a Samsung phone.
    Who care about my spelling. What u gonna do arrest me grammar nazi? Oh no. But ye i think the note is okay but still its over.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    Its a no-win for LG with either display. 1080p-people will complain that its too low even though your eyes won't notice. 1440p-about time a 2k display but people will complain about battery life. Cant won't either scenario.
    That's why I think LG went with the choice that would make the most noise. Nothing beats saying "DAT SCREEN!" in your ads. Run those really slick super HD demo videos on the in-store units... on that MASSIVE screen. They need something to help draw people away from those humongous Samsung signs.

I mean, I watched those two quad HD demo videos.... that kind of thing sells phones.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    But I'd say the note line is their flagship and not the gs line anymore.
    Oh, you don't have to say it... it IS their flagship. The popularity of the Note 2 made them do an about face... what was once an oddity that people kind of made fun of quickly became an extremely popular segment of the industry. Plus, with the extra size, they can pack that thing with a hell of a lot more goodies. I fully expect the Note 4 to be a beast of a device.
    peacefulberry and frope01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    Oh, you don't have to say it... it IS their flagship. The popularity of the Note 2 made them do an about face... what was once an oddity that people kind of made fun of quickly became an extremely popular segment of the industry. Plus, with the extra size, they can pack that thing with a hell of a lot more goodies. I fully expect the Note 4 to be a beast of a device.
    Agree. I love that they seem to go all out on specs. It will be interested to see how the note 4 performs and also if the rumored moto phablet tries to cut into the notes sales

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth5442 View Post
    Speak for yourself. Your opinion is YOURS, not everyones.
    Why does everyone think I'm speaking for others?

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Samsung is complete **** there fame is over its done for them since the gs4. Now its just overly hyped like iphone. Both complete garbage devices and only for morons who actually like there products.

It's amazing the hate when one becomes so popular. It's seems to becoming personal.

Apple changed what Super Phones are today and Samsung made "Phablets" did as well.

At the end it's just a phone.

Pro S5
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    ffejjj and frope01 like this.

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

HOnestly, I love my G3 screen, and feel the G2's screen looks cartoonish with overblown colors. I've had a GS2, a GS4 and a Nexus 5 before the G3, and I think the G3 screen is best......colors look more realistic.

My only complaint is that I think the auto brightness is overly aggressive in some situations and dims the screen too much.

Oh, and those pictures show how far LG's UI has come.....soooo much better now!

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Well said. Totally agree.....

Quote Originally Posted by LeoRex View Post
    Well.. .that's expected... The 5' range 1080 phones are in the 440 dpi range... that's REALLY fine. On a Nexus 5, I have to get in extremely close to detect any sort of pixelization... WAY closer than I would ever have it normally. The G3 is, what, nearly 25% finer? Yes, it is kind of overkill and it will probably always be, regardless of the content because your eyes can only see so much detail, after that, you aren't gaining anything. And yes...

LG probably threw the display in the phone as much to show off as for any functional reason.... but I am not going to fault them for it. If they put a 1080 unit in this phone and kept everything else, you would have heard "WARGARBL!!! NO QUAD HD!!!!???" and complaints that it was just a warmed over G2. You can't please everyone. Remember that LG Display is the world's largest LCD manufacturer, so there is an added incentive for them to kind of show off a little bit.

Look, they HAD to make some kind of noise... Samsung is dominant (though, signs point to the market balancing out a little bit) and upstarts like Xiaomi were gaining serious momentum... In fact Xiaomi passed LG in terms of market share. So they decided to go a little over the top and then market the HELL out of it and hope for the best.... and so far it's worked out pretty well. LG's sales even before the release of the G3 are on the upswing, and from the looks of it, the G3 is going to certainly help that.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    My only complaint is that I think the auto brightness is overly aggressive in some situations and dims the screen too much
    Get something like Lux. Takes over the auto-brightness function and is fully customizable. This is one of the features I miss from my Nexus 5.... My daily ROM allowed me to custom set the brightness levels.... and Gravity Box (an AOSP-only Xposed module) also allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    HOnestly, I love my G3 screen, and feel the G2's screen looks cartoonish with overblown colors. I've had a GS2, a GS4 and a Nexus 5 before the G3, and I think the G3 screen is best......colors look more realistic.

My only complaint is that I think the auto brightness is overly aggressive in some situations and dims the screen too much.

Oh, and those pictures show how far LG's UI has come.....soooo much better now!
    I agree the ui is great.

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/07...-on-the-lg-g3/

Will be interesting to find any 1440p vids to see how they look on the screen. if anyone finds any please post link?

While I'm not a big fan of Samsung phones (mostly because of poor radios) they are the ones pushing the envelope. On software and smartphone design. Which has pushed moto,HTC,and LG to keep up giving us great devices like the G3.

Posted via Android Central App

Easiest way to spot a G3 in public is to look for an abnormally dark screen.

Huh? It certainly appeared as though he was speaking for himself. I did not see him quote anyone else??
    Very strange response; please point out where he was speaking for "everyone".

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth5442 View Post
    Speak for yourself. Your opinion is YOURS, not everyones.

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    http://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/07...-on-the-lg-g3/

Will be interesting to find any 1440p vids to see how they look on the screen. if anyone finds any please post link?
    They are easy to find, just search for 1440. They look sick. As long as you don't downgrade due to network issues, the picture is nuts

I think some people suffer from Super AMOLED screen saturation view ascew. Try this on the G3, go to settings then accessibility and turn on change colors. This will bleed all the colors out like a Samsung screen always seems to. By the way.... This phone rocks

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Huh? It certainly appeared as though he was speaking for himself. I did not see him quote anyone else??
    Very strange response; please point out where he was speaking for "everyone".
    I think it's most likely because bembol's post stated that "The WOW factor is not there" as if it was a statement of fact rather than being his opinion. ( I get that it was his opinion )

I guess it's all in the interpretation; I never got for a moment that him saying "The WOW factor is not there" as a statement of fact (not sure why I would). To me he was clearing expressing his opinion that, "The WOW factor is not there".
    If you go back, you'll see that none of this was really the point for TheTruth5442's comment. It simply appears that he did not like the comment and it was is way of "lashing out".

Quote Originally Posted by GunmetalR56 View Post
    I think it's most likely because bembol's post stated that "The WOW factor is not there" as if it was a statement of fact rather than being his opinion. ( I get that it was his opinion )

Global Posts
    956 Global Posts

OK..... to put it another way.... screens are getting to the point where, like processing power, we're not going to GAIN much.

Look, if something took 5 seconds to load and now takes 3, you notice. Same goes for screens. There was clear difference when I bounced from my S3 to a Nexus 5. But the difference between my G3 and that same Nexus 5 is often more subtle.... less noticeable when looking at, say, the homescreen but shows up when looking at text (I don't see the sharpening issues by the way) or if you load up one of those 1440p videos. So even though the G3 screen has a clear technical advantage over the N5's, the perceived difference isn't as big.

We've kind of passed the point where someone is going to be blown away by something new.... especially if you are coming from one of the current flagships... S5, M8, Nexus 5, etc... it's just the nature of the technology..... The same thing happened to laptops not too long ago.. processors got so bloody fast and RAM so cheap that even a cheapo laptop could run everything quickly and as long as you weren't playing Crysis at some obscene resolution, it was all pretty much the same. I think we've crested that wave with mobile phones now as well.... no one component is going to wow the world.... phones will have to impress with the sum of its parts.
    dancing-bass likes this.

Who care about my spelling. What u gonna do arrest me grammar nazi? Oh no. But ye i think the note is okay but still its over.

Nobody is going to listen what you have to say if you sound like an *****. This should be common knowledge in our society.

Apparently the filter blocked that. It was a synonym for dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    I guess it's all in the interpretation; I never got for a moment that him saying "The WOW factor is not there" as a statement of fact (not sure why I would). To me he was clearing expressing his opinion that, "The WOW factor is not there".
    If you go back, you'll see that none of this was really the point for TheTruth5442's comment. It simply appears that he did not like the comment and it was is way of "lashing out".
    No arguments here. Just saying what I figured Truth was referring to

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts

How do you adjust the contrast, etc to make the colors pop?

Quote Originally Posted by rcyphermd View Post
    How do you adjust the contrast, etc to make the colors pop?
    Go to settings then to accessibility then color adjustment

Posted via the Android Central App
    OD, DX, D3, Bionic, Nexus, RAZR Max and Nexus 7

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

I find this position of the blue circle gives excellent colour

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lets Be Honest Here G3's Screen Isn't GREAT.-27140.jpg  
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456