Lets Be Honest Here G3's Screen Isn't GREAT.

DarthRaiderHD

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
i have to admit comparing the g2 with g3 and galaxy s5.
the so called 2k display isnt great... also there's no use for it atm maybe in a few years i think lf just rushed it out just to be the first..
the g3 screen isnt even great the colors are off the whites are horrible it seems so dullish even with full brightness.
dont give me that crap about ooh well samsung has super amoled to make the colors pop out bla bla.
well even compared to the g2 why is it so dull. also i am aware of the color adjustment setting it helps but nothing can change the fact that the whites are still off and it still kinda dull on colors.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to see the screen for myself. Some of the comments are compelling me to do so soon.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you being serious? I just went from the Galaxy Note 3 to the G3 and the screens are like night and day. The G3's screen is SO much better.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Are you being serious? I just went from the Galaxy Note 3 to the G3 and the screens are like night and day. The G3's screen is SO much better.

Yeah, not to mention the contrast adjustment feature. Since reading about it, I've been able to give mine more of that saturated appearance, making the colors pop more!

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
also i am aware of the color adjustment setting it helps but nothing can change the fact that the whites are still off and it still kinda dull on some colors.

Yeah, not to mention the contrast adjustment feature. Since reading about it, I've been able to give mine more of that saturated appearance, making the colors pop more!

tried it its actually pretty good. and about the whites i think some people are use to seeing bright whites as a good thing.?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Comparing to a properly calibrated monitor, my g3 is very similar in colors to that screen. With that being said, if that is similar to a properly calibrated screen, then the S5's saturation is turned up. That is the only difference I see. As far as 1080 vs 1440, that you cannot tell a difference at normal viewing distances.

DarthRaiderHD

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Comparing to a properly calibrated monitor, my g3 is very similar in colors to that screen. With that being said, if that is similar to a properly calibrated screen, then the S5's saturation is turned up. That is the only difference I see. As far as 1080 vs 1440, that you cannot tell a difference at normal viewing distances.

yea but comparing to the lg g2 side by side why are the lg g3 colors duller and bit off color and whats up with the white??
i see sharpness is good and pixels but i dont see how its a 2k other than that.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
You nailed it. I have a G2 and the G3 screen does look washed out to me also. If they had only made the whites whiter and the colors brighter, I would have upgraded. The G3 has a lot of good features, but I can't get past the screen.

DarthRaiderHD

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
You nailed it. I have a G2 and the G3 screen does look washed out to me also. If they had only made the whites whiter and the colors brighter, I would have upgraded. The G3 has a lot of good features, but I can't get past the screen.

its what im saying i dont get it why its dull like that. maybe they used a ****ty 2k dislay panel. or just lowered the saturation and contrast for no dam reason.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't see it. I don't have a g2 and I can only compare to an s5 and calibrated monitor and all I can say is that the g3 is very close to the calibrated monitor.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

DarthRaiderHD

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't see it. I don't have a g2 and I can only compare to an s5 and calibrated monitor and all I can say is that the g3 is very close to the calibrated monitor.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)

how can u not see the yellowish tint the whites have and the dull colors.
ur monitor is prob crap then. idk.

Chregu

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
how can u not see the yellowish tint the whites have and the dull colors.
ur monitor is prob crap then. idk.

I don't see it either. I compared it to my iPad Air, to my 24 inch Dell screen and to my 27 inch Asus screen. If anything it's more of a blue tint. But then again, I'm not an expert in this, I like the screen very much how it is.

DarthRaiderHD

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
No yellow here.

Steve/Boanerges Performance

I don't see it either. I compared it to my iPad Air, to my 24 inch Dell screen and to my 27 inch Asus screen. If anything it's more of a blue tint. But then again, I'm not an expert in this, I like the screen very much how it is.

what versions do u guys have because the us retail version from att and tmobile all have yellowish tint of white .

and yes the g2 and galaxy s5 has the bluish tint of white. like all others.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Verizon version and the white is white... No hint of yellow

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Verizon version and the white is white... No hint of yellow

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Im prob one of the few unlucky people with this issue if u want to call it that. Tbh i dont care about it its better on my eyes than a bright white. Also it prob can be fixed in a update maybe its just set to a warmer color.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon G3 and I don't see no yellowish tint......the G3 screen is awesome n I'm coming from a G2......

Sent from my Verizon LG G3