Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Backup photos??

Im getting really sick of every few days seeing a message from the cloud for google that I have photos that are ready to be backed up that I have either taken or saved on my phone. I have auto backup set to off because i DONT WANT google to back up my photos ...EVER. How can i get it set so that google does not try to make me back up photos onto the drive or cloud? I have looked in the settings and its not on but still getting prompted. Any help is very much appreciated

Default Re: Google Backup photos??

For some reason, I've found that these settings are in two places: Accounts (under Google, of course) and in the Photos app. Check there and see if, for some reason, it's activated in the app.

Just curious, is this a message reminding you to back up or is it actually backing things up? Do you have any pictures uploaded to your Google account? I always see the message trying to get me to backup whenever I open the Photos app (which is not that often), but never a pop-up or anything like that when I'm not using it.

Default Re: Google Backup photos??

Settings > "google account" > untick sync photos.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom