LG G3 Wifi signal.. Help? Normal?

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been doing a search on here and other forums and found some people having issues with weak wifi signals. My question is I still have my HTC One. I'm with AT&T. When I'm connected to any wifi, my HTC One always shows full signal. And when I check it says excellent. On my LG g3 I'll check and I'm at 3 bars and it will fluctuate from a good signal to excellent. I can go into my bedroom with my HTC One and still have a full signal. Walk in my bedroom with my LG g3 and I lose a bar. The same is at work. My HTC One says Good signal. My LG g3 says fair. I knew every phone calibration is different. Just want to make sure there's not a problem with my phone. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wifi signal.. Help? Normal?

It'd probably be better to do your comparison using speed test results versus using the signal indicator. As you noted, they may be just reporting the signal strength differently and one might just be more accurate than the other.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wifi signal.. Help? Normal?

As of I compared the 2 and both are about to same on the speed test. The HTC One is slightly better be not by much..

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
OK.so I'm home and my WiFi signal is definitely weaker than any if my other as smart phones in the family. I have very fast internet ..pushing 48mbs download. My phone is only at 12mbs. My wife's windows phone is at 39mbs. Wth. Now its rebooting on its own

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Compared to my old GS3 the LG G3 has a better Speedtest reading.
I have noticed a curious problem. The wifi signal icon reads it's connected however I cannot get on Facebook, internet, etc without turning off wifi and then turning it back on. This happens every once in a while. I hope it is software related. Not sure.

Last edited: