How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3?

iiiHuman

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I believe I have found a nice simple solution that hasn't been mentioned yet.

I just recently got my LG G3 (my LG G2 crapped out bad) and just ran into this problem but I believe it is due to the same charging issue others found since I didn't notice it happening until I was using an old 0.15A charger I had from an old Samsung phone (that I also happened to be charging a Bluetooth headset with). The problem doesn't appear to happen with the 1.8A chargers.

However, that said, I think I found a very simple fix for people that will prevent the battery full notification even when you are using something like a 0.15A charger. And, it doesn't require you to install anything. However, it should still beep once if you receive some other notification during the night even if you have that particular app set to not beep since it will cause the battery full notification to trigger a beep once. But, only once any time that happens rather than every minute or so.

To get around the problem, I found you can go into your phone's device settings for:

Display ->

DAYDREAM (make sure it's set to on) ->

Then, on the bottom of the "Daydream" settings page
( NOT the settings for your particular chosen daydream mode such as "Clock" which mine is set to ),
and click on the "STARTUP SETTINGS" Button ->

Change the "When To Daydream" setting FROM "While Docked" TO either "While Charging" or "Either."

You should then be good to go since, from my testing so far, being in "Daydream" mode appears to prevent the Battery Full Notification from beeping every minute.

Again, you will still get that notification beep whenever you get a new notification from something else even if that other notification is normally silent. However, it will just be once until it goes back into Daydream mode or until you get some other notification that also wants to temporarily take the phone out of Daydream mode. Of course, if you don't have any other kind of notifications set, this will be perfect for you since nothing will knock the phone out of Daydream mode except for something like a late night text from someone.

:D

:cool:

:-$

Last edited:

mylgphone

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My LG 306G was beeping every few minutes after it was fully charged, usually around 2 am. The previous post by SEEPROSEE hit the nail on the head. I had been charging on a Phillips 2 usb port charger. I changed back to the original LG charger and the problem went away. Although both were rated at 2 ma there was apparently some difference. Now the phone beeps once (quietly), lights up and then goes to sleep. No more getting up in the middle of the night.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the beeping, and has been charging on a charger rates at 1150 milliamps or 1.15 amps. I'll give the LG charger that came with the unit, rated at 1.8 amps (not 2 milliamps which is .002 amps) a try tonight. Hope it works, otherwise, the G3 will either be killed with a hit against the bedroom wall, or it will be put up for sale and I'll go back to Motorola. I have tried everything else, from turning all notifications off, to putting into airplane mode and nothing works.

gjsullivan

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3? It beeps and vibrates every minute

seeprosee has it right ( but his posting does not have a reply option for me )
Just make sure you use the LG charger ( 1.8 Amp ) when charging the LG G3 at night

It was the underpowered charger. !!!!
I was getting the vibrating "Battery Full unplug to save energy" , It was on a generic charger that had output of .7 Amp

I went and got my LG charger output 1.8 Amp, and plugged it into the phone .
The Battery is at full at 100%, with no vibrating/buzzing notification.
I went and turned the battery saver back on. Still no vibrating/buzzing
I put the LG G3 back on the generic charger and the "battery full" vibrating/buzzing is back
I put the LG G3 back on my LG charger ( output 1.8 Amp ) "battery full" vibrating/buzzing stopped

Last edited:

Amit Dar1

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine is no longer generating the notification sound every minute.

I believe the magic setting was General->Smart Functions->QuickCircle case->Off. I turned it back to On to try to recreate the problem but it didn't, not that I'm complaining.

Someone else will have to confirm this works for them.

WOW! this really worked for me. Although it sounds stupid but tonight for the first time in a while I got to sleep full night, thanks! :)

wseverin

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm still looking for a simple answer, and questioning whether any of the LG engineers actually use their own products. Or, maybe they don't sleep at night?

Gander65

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3? It beeps and vibrates every minute

Download and install "Battery Full Notification" app. No more annoying notifications !

glwilkins

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
How about turning off Battery Saver. The actual sound is not in the alert notifications or ringtone. It has to be in an app. So I believe it's the Battery Saver option. Turned it off and I haven't heard it in a while.

Aaron Gottsch

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have used the factory charger from day 1 and it does it once it is fully charged. My G3 is doing it right now as im typing. Im using an LG charger 1.8 amp

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Android System UI 4.4.2-D85010d. 1403173065 seems to be the culprit. Can't seem to force stop. Solution?

For now I'm in silent mode, but the notification keeps flashing every minute on the minute.

OK, here's the answer. Download ES File Explorer, and follow this: Device>/>System>Media>Audio>UI>Full Battery Sound. You can delete this sound with Android File Transfer, or replace that sound file with your own. Just remember that it's an .ogg file, not mp3 or m4a. I'm saving the sound file on my desktop, in case i ever want to put it back. I'm COMPLETELY stock, never rooted, so it can be done.:p:)

richardnscott

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
I have Sony Aqua M4, but it's pretty standard Android 5.1 Lollipop

"Settings" -> "Accessibility" -> "Play Sound When Battery Full"

Hope this works for you, and you get a good nights sleep!

Richard

charrison1988

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Richard. There is no such setting on the LG G3.

OK, here's the answer. Download ES File Explorer, and follow this: Device>/>System>Media>Audio>UI>Full Battery Sound. You can delete this sound with Android File Transfer, or replace that sound file with your own. Just remember that it's an .ogg file, not mp3 or m4a. I'm saving the sound file on my desktop, in case i ever want to put it back. I'm COMPLETELY stock, never rooted, so it can be done.:p:)

But will it stop the vibration?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephzombie82

Aug 24, 2015
Visit site
In response to the person saying use a specific charger, Im using the charger that came with the phone itself. It didnt happen until after the software update. It's quite annoying when it goes off in the middle of the night, then when I wake up and have to run out the door, my phones at 80% because I had to unplug it. What an annoying little feature.

Dave Harrison2

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I emailed LG and SPrint months ago and was told in effect "you're SOL".

I need to keep my phone on for alerts from my boss, ya know, the person who signs my checks, the fire alarm company for our 4 buildings.... I don't need a constant vibrate and beep to let me know to unplug the charger. I emailed LG and Sprint and was told "screw you that's the way it works."

So, after a YEAR of being woken up by battery charge dings, it would charge, the screen would display a "please disconnect charger to save energy" it would recharge then ding again.... I decided to switch to an iPhone 6s plus.

Such a BULLSH*T thing. Who was the programmer who was on crack cocaine and who was the project manager who was gay after his junk decided this would be good?

And rooting the phone to get rid of a stupid thing is not the answer.

rojaac

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
From the time I got the stupid G3 it has been driving me nuts because of this. I remember when I had the Nokia smartphone it would tell me to turn off, but never so annoyingly. Dumbass LG programmers think they are being very eco-friendly, when this is not the case at all. We need to keep it charged while working on it so we dont need to keep recharging. Isn't it obvious that it drains while it is on and keeps re-charging because of this ? Anyway I found a settings in that menu to totally turn sounds off.

Nevermind that, that stupid setting made my phone a brick in the sense it would not even ring or vibrate....back to the drawing board with this POS.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz