How to turn off "battery full" notification on an LG G3?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Make up your mind, first you said " I'm COMPLETELY stock, never rooted, so it can be done." and now you say this.

Look, if the phone annoys you that much, you have several choices. Throw it in the garbage. Sell it on the internet. Root the phone(you can always unroot if you have to send it back to the carrier). Instead of getting on people's nerves, just get off this forum.:mad:

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if that is something only in your Carrier's build. When I charge my AT&T G3 to 100% in vibration mode it will turn the LED green but vibrate just the one time.

Posted via the Android Central App

xZaratustrAx

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The same here, it only vibrates once or rings the notification sound also once.

However, I still think it's annoying and incomprehensible not to have an option to turn it off.

Bob Zane

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
LG G3 has multiple settings for sounds. The "Touch feedback & system" volume is the one that controls the loudness of the full battery beeping. Go to Settings/Sound/Volume and turn down the "Touch feedback & system". It also affects the volume of key clicks but not ringtones, notifications or music.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
This works on my LG G3 AT&T version with Lollipop.
Settings > Sound > (under notifications) > Do not disturb (have no interruptions from notifications) > Schedule. select all days, set time overnight (9 pm to 7 am, for example)
However, if you are using Maps in your car, for example, while plugged into a charger, you will still get that ping during the day when the battery is full.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Bob, thank you. I think someone mentioned the same thing a little earlier but it didn't register with me until I saw your post. Tonight there was no full battery alert for me. I never would have associated "Touch and system" with the battery.

NineFingerLegacy

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Here's my quick and cheap solution. I use the app Audio Guru, I paid the $.99 for the full thing because it allows the user to schedule sound settings. Every night at 10:30pm, my phone goes silent, except for the ringer. You can set up different profiles (work, home, sleep, car) with different sound settings. You can then set those profiles to change based on time. It's a fantastic app!!!! No nightly notifications. No nightly beeping. No chirping. It's the best, and first app I install on my phones...and my wife's too. It's the best thing for sleeping in on the weekend or taking naps. Give it a try!

AUDIO GURU

-Tony

Kael Cox

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Guys, guys. Put the phone face down. It only vibrates when its screen is on. The full charge turns it on, then it stays on because its plugged in and doesnt time out. If you put it face down the proximity sensor shuts it off immediately. Then it won't continue buzzing.

VicBking

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
wow. I must be a pretty heavy sleeper.

Has anyone tried using the "Do not disturb" feature, which allows you to schedule when to turn sounds off and only allow alarms and priority calls through?

Cheers.

Floggedhorse

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I found the solution, for me anyway, I replaced my Verizon LG G3 with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus, which will be here on the 19th. This was not spur of the moment decision, but rather a long time gradual build up to where this Battery Full Notification pushed me over the edge.
Whoever it was at Google that designed this annoying little thing, is surely not motivated by doing what is in the best interest of the end consumer. An innocuous little add on that saves on electricity, which by some estimates amounts to a whopping $0.58 a year, but interrupts your sleep is not a welcome addition. And, turning off your phone to the degree where you can't receive a call from a family member, is definitely not a suggestion I could ever feel completely comfortable with.
My backup phone a Samsung GS4 (on Straight Talk) did the same thing and was replaced with a iPhone 5S last week. I could not be happier …. FINALLY a good night's sleep !!!!

Tom

I to agree with your solution!

Although replacing it with an apple is dafter than buying the L3 in the first place.

This problem is over two years old and LG have done zip about it.

Heres hoping their sales plummet, when they all loose their jobs, they just might care. But I doubt it.

Last edited:

Krstareci

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
Works like a charm! Thanks!!!

It seems that to get rid of this annoying "Battery full" sound at night, you can turn off volume of "Touch feedback & System".

Volume down key -> Gear icon -> Touch feedback & System

Just tried it, worked for me. And (at the first glance at least) you won't miss anything important like night call (if on duty) or SMS sound during day time.