Add PMA Sticker to AT&T Back Plate - How To

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys so I have been reading a lot about people wanting wireless charging on their at&t device, but do not want to use the folio circle case. I bought the circle folio case and after two days thought it was a neat case that made the phone somewhat unusable, maybe if I had a moto 360 keeping the device covered more would be ideal, but I like using the phone in one hand and use wireless charging by my bed every night. So I peeled the PMA sticker out of the circle case, peeled the NFC sticker out of the regular at&t back plate and placed the PMA sticker inside. Here are a few key notes below that made me hesitant in the process and I think would be helpful to those who want to do this.

1. Use a hair dryer - for 2-5 minutes shoot hot air onto the sticker in a whirling moving motion to soften the adhesive, this helps a lot. Still these stickers are fragile so be slow. They will stick together fine if you go slow.

2. That being said, the sticker will crumple and look damaged somewhat while you do this, don't expect it to be perfect, I panicked a few times thinking I ripped the PMA sticker and it wouldn't work, but when I reapplied it, it worked fine. This thing will last the process, the main parts needed are tough stuff (copper etc.).

3. Shoot hot air while you peel, I placed the hair dryer on the desk and worked in the shooting air.

4. Peel the 4 metal contacts first down to the body, then loosen the other "leg", then loosen the middle stub by using finger nails to peel/pinch a corner free enough to pinch it up and get the whole thing. This is where I panicked a bit, as I went to the corners of the main body I realized the black sticker is separate from the silver PMA pad underneath, they all are stuck together in a fasion that holds it all in place correctly, so don't panic if they don't come off together. You want them to come off together, but know they aren't one piece. So I began to peel the body from the top, but then went to the bottom and loosened the black again by the corner then the silver then the yellow/coils underneath. Keeping them stacked appropriately I pulled it up so the rest of the bottom was up then slowly peeled them in one piece from the bottom and it came off rather easily from there because I had already loosened the top tricky parts so it was just simply being slow until it came off.

5. Remove the NFC sticker from the original back plate the same way just ignore the PMA sticker parts, I got it off from the top down in one go after getting the legs and stub up. Again be slow and you should be fine.

6. Reapply the PMA sticker to the original back plate in the same place and you should be good.

Good luck guys I hope this helps somebody!

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Nice! I was wondering about doing this when my free Circle case arrives in the mail. I'd rather purchase the sticker separately, hopefully order this when it's available: PRE-ORDER: Qi/NFC Wireless Charging Sticker … | LG G3 | XDA Forum

Does anyone know of another source for low price QI / PMA stickers?
There's no PMA stickers unless you do what the OP did.

I've found no other China sellers that sell these stickers. The stickers for round 1 preorders is the only manufacturer that has them. It seems that I am the only person in the US selling these and the demand seems very high. I sold out of the Qi stickers in 24 hours. I'm going to be taking round 2 of preorders next week. I'm even thinking of selling these on eBay but price is going to be slightly higher to offset the cost of the stupid eBay fees.

When I got my VZ LG G3, I was talking to the rep and he was seriously interested in one for himself. He's also going to be spreading the word to his co-workers and customers.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There's no PMA stickers unless you do what the OP did.

I've found no other China sellers that sell these stickers. The stickers for round 1 preorders is the only manufacturer that has them. It seems that I am the only person in the US selling these and the demand seems very high. I sold out of the Qi stickers in 24 hours. I'm going to be taking round 2 of preorders next week. I'm even thinking of selling these on eBay but price is going to be slightly higher to offset the cost of the stupid eBay fees.

When I got my VZ LG G3, I was talking to the rep and he was seriously interested in one for himself. He's also going to be spreading the word to his co-workers and customers.

Consider selling on Swappa's new Boneyard. No fees except PayPal. Build shipping into price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith