GPS solid and accurate

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi ...I am just about to get the G3...I saw a few comments in the xda forums that the GPS accurate but the blue navigation triangle was a bit behind, causing some missed turns. Had the GPS been solid for you guys?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd imagine you're listening to the voice guiding you instead of watching the screen to see where the arrow turns. Shouldn't be an issue :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not as good as my s5. I use my phone for gps throughout the day. I always have the voice prompt muted, it's not all the time but a couple times a day there is a little lag in the location where I've turned and it takes 4 to 10 seconds to catch back up. Not a deal breaker, but it's annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's not as good as my s5. I use my phone for gps throughout the day. I always have the voice prompt muted, it's not all the time but a couple times a day there is a little lag in the location where I've turned and it takes 4 to 10 seconds to catch back up. Not a deal breaker, but it's annoying.

Are you the person driving or the passenger? Why are you turning off the voice assistant?

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you the person driving or the passenger? Why are you turning off the voice assistant?

I'm driving, but I take a lot of calls while I'm driving. I can't hear the other person with the GPS talking to me non stop. I just put it on speaker phone and in my car mount.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm driving, but I take a lot of calls while I'm driving. I can't hear the other person with the GPS talking to me non stop. I just put it on speaker phone and in my car mount.

Oh, OK. Then it would probably be an issue for you :-\
Are you sure you don't have it set to battery saving mode? You can make it more accurate by setting it to high accuracy.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2