2 Faulty Phones?

androuser201

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

New user here. I've just signed up to see if anyone else is having terrible problems with their G3?

I've had 2 already. The first I had, the display went "crazy" and started flickering constantly. Before this happened the phone got very, very hot and then turned off.

The replacement I got also has problems. Firstly, it also seems to get hot and is not very smooth, I see the frame rate dropping all the time and its slow to change between apps. Apps also start all the time and do not seem to remain in the memory (like in the RAM). When I play games like Asphalt 8, its not at all smooth and when I compare it to my wife's Z2 there is a big difference in quality of gameplay.
Next, my.phone seems to restart on its own, maybe once or twice a day.Sometimes I have to take the battery out. What on earth is going on? Is this normal for this phone? Its been an awful device since I got it and I feel I've wasted £500?????. I have the 2gb/16gb from Carphone Warehouse UK.

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

New user here. I've just signed up to see if anyone else is having terrible problems with their G3?

I've had 2 already. The first I had, the display went "crazy" and started flickering constantly. Before this happened the phone got very, very hot and then turned off.

The replacement I got also has problems. Firstly, it also seems to get hot and is not very smooth, I see the frame rate dropping all the time and its slow to change between apps. Apps also start all the time and do not seem to remain in the memory (like in the RAM). When I play games like Asphalt 8, its not at all smooth and when I compare it to my wife's Z2 there is a big difference in quality of gameplay.
Next, my.phone seems to restart on its own, maybe once or twice a day.Sometimes I have to take the battery out. What on earth is going on? Is this normal for this phone? Its been an awful device since I got it and I feel I've wasted £500?????. I have the 2gb/16gb from Carphone Warehouse UK.

Done a factory reset? Are you rooted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

androuser201

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Done a factory reset? Are you rooted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No not rooted, I.don't even know how to does it help? Both phones have been the same so why do I have to do a factory reset, I'll try it as one last resort? I think I'm going to try to take it back today. I've spent a lot of money on this phone and my old one performs better than it :-(

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
No not rooted, I.don't even know how to does it help? Both phones have been the same so why do I have to do a factory reset, I'll try it as one last resort? I think I'm going to try to take it back today. I've spent a lot of money on this phone and my old one performs better than it :-(

No rooting won't help with you problems, I would return and try a 3rd time lucky approach.

Its unfortunate I also live in the UK and obviously have the 2/16gb variant and don't have any of the issues reported here.

Hope your next handset is better and fault free.

Posted via Android Central App

androuser201

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
No rooting won't help with you problems, I would return and try a 3rd time lucky approach.

Its unfortunate I also live in the UK and obviously have the 2/16gb variant and don't have any of the issues reported here.

Hope your next handset is better and fault free.

I can't understand why games like Asphalt 8 aren't running well (play it all the time), I'm borrowing my wife's phone to play it on! I thought this was the most powerful phone on the market? But yeah, I'm.going to.go back to CPWH to try and get a refund. So dissapointed as it looks great.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't understand why games like Asphalt 8 aren't running well (play it all the time), I'm borrowing my wife's phone to play it on! I thought this was the most powerful phone on the market? But yeah, I'm.going to.go back to CPWH to try and get a refund. So dissapointed as it looks great.

Its just unfortunate that you have a defective product and twice so I can see why you would be a little annoyed and put off.

But its not all of them and as I said mine is fine all round.

Maybe try and exchange again and failing that return for a refund.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

mine also gets hot but not super hot. its normal if it gets warm to hot. specially with the 2k display.
i played nfs on my device and it was fine. i havent tried Asphalt 8.
my g3 would lag and be slow like once a week and a restart fixes in. its annoying but i think its just an os issue.

Cervantesmx

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Hello

I have the US Sprint LG G3. I have not experienced any issues with screen flickering, phone turning off or anything bad like that. Slow fps? Umm the closest thing I can attribute that to is the battery saving features that literally halve the screen's refresh rate and at times it can make the phone seem as if it is lagging. Nothing major but it can be noticed.

Lastly, my phone and my wife's (same phone) get very warm. Not just randomly but when you play a game such as Asphalt 8 or even something as silly as Despicable Me. It bothers me but I do think that part is normal to a certain extent.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Unfortunately the G3 is beset with a lot of performance problems. Just read through the different threads. I'm sure some can be taken care of with updates. Others, like the overheating and screen dimming problems can't be rectified with updates.

androuser201

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Well, I took it back the CPWH.Unbelievably got a refund (didn't think I would)! The guy said there's been quite a few returned .I showed Asphalt 8 running and he said he could see it was "slow" (whatever that means). I explained about the phone switching off on its own also. Still quite shocked my experience has been so bad with the G3. I've had LG TVs etc and theyve all been great :-(

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, I took it back the CPWH.Unbelievably got a refund (didn't think I would)! The guy said there's been quite a few returned .I showed Asphalt 8 running and he said he could see it was "slow" (whatever that means). I explained about the phone switching off on its own also. Still quite shocked my experience has been so bad with the G3. I've had LG TVs etc and theyve all been great :-(

Glad that side all went well & and a bit of a shame as my 2/16 is performing well.

Anyway hope whatever you opt for next brings a smile and enjoyment :)

WordPainter

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site

Buy it somewhere else. It's obvious that store got a shipment of bad ones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante