Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By RHChan84
  • 1 Post By xocomaox
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3 Prime

I've been reading a bit this morning about the upcoming G3 prime.

I'd hate to get a G3 now and have one with a better processor released a couple of months later.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on it are. Are there any online comparisons of the original with the prime to see if the 805 professor makes much difference speed wise?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: G3 Prime

The Prime will probably be released like the S5 LTE-A, only in South Korea. That being said, it won't function the greatest on US networks and probably elsewhere like the original South Korean model. I don't know where you're from, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieBreath View Post
    I've been reading a bit this morning about the upcoming G3 prime.

I'd hate to get a G3 now and have one with a better processor released a couple of months later.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts on it are. Are there any online comparisons of the original with the prime to see if the 805 professor makes much difference speed wise?

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    The Prime will probably be released like the S5 LTE-A, only in South Korea. That being said, it won't function the greatest on US networks and probably elsewhere like the original South Korean model. I don't know where you're from, though.

hes right it wont be in us, canada, uk.
    well maybe in some area of uk. all depends i think ill just be in sk

This won't be prime time here in the UK and as stated above will only be available in south Korea I would imagine.

But it does sound appealing with the 805 SOC but am I bothered no, the G3 will do until the release of the G4 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    This won't be prime time here in the UK and as stated above will only be available in south Korea I would imagine.

But it does sound appealing with the 805 SOC but am I bothered no, the G3 will do until the release of the G4 :-)

the G3 will do until the release of the *nexus6 :-)

The latest rumours from yesterday say its launching in Europe in September.

Then the note 4 will be released then the nexus6 then moto x2 then m9 then s6 then g4 then note 5 and so on. If you keep waiting for the next thing, you will never be happy with anything. I picked up the g3 because my phone was on its last leg.
    If your upgrading because of specs, you will not win that war unless you have money to drop left and right

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
    Thanked by 2:
    BBSeattle and anticlutch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RHChan84 View Post
    unless you have money to drop left and right
    Surprisingly, many people do.
    anticlutch likes this.

Very true. And some people will spend their money on their phones then food.

Sent from my LG G3 (tapatalk)
    VZW LG G3/Motorola Xoom
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Haha I have 3 kids, so I don't have money to drop lol. This phone ( like all my others ) will be on contract!

Like the S5 if the G3 Prime ever makes it here, I have no problem selling and upgrading...again.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Like the S5 if the G3 Prime ever makes it here, I have no problem selling and upgrading...again.
    Yeah, me too. I'd sell the G3 I have and buy the Prime. I'd say im quite annoyed that it looks like they're going to be launching it in Europe as its such a short amount of time since the original G3 but I need the extra performance for games.

Quote Originally Posted by pmcnei11 View Post
    Yeah, me too. I'd sell the G3 I have and buy the Prime. I'd say im quite annoyed that it looks like they're going to be launching it in Europe as its such a short amount of time since the original G3 but I need the extra performance for games.
    Will quite happily use the G3 until the G4 which may have the 810 chip, as one stated you can constantly chase the next big thing, thus never really settling and being content :-)

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

As with all other rumored releases, you can expect it to come out in 2 weeks to a year. As xocomaox mentioned, it won't even be released over here. Which means it won't work well on American radio bands, because it'll be built for our Asian brethren.