G3 says my sd card is blank

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure your files are not encrypted or marked as 'hidden'? If you try to read the card on a PC, does it show anything?

matt3166

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
As title says, but it has music and pictures on it, which my note 3 see with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately you might need to format it, each phone is different on how they read SD information. But you could also try just turning the phone off and on as well

Posted via Android Central App

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
As title says, but it has music and pictures on it, which my note 3 see with no problems.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Seems to be some issues with removing a SD from one phone and moving it to the LG G3.
Not all the time, but sometimes.
The G3 buggered the card so it has not data unless you use a recovery program.
You will need to format the card after you try to recover the data.
Once that is done you should be able to move files from the computer to the card then put it into the G3.
Try formatting the card in the G3.
Check to see what capacity it is reporting. If it isn't reporting the correct capacity you may need to partition the card in a PC with a single partition then use the card on the G3.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The note 3 is now saying the same thing, but it sees the music and pictures when I open gallery or music. But in notification bar it says card is empty, and only thing it will let me is format card, which I did not do.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
When going from one manufacturer to another, you generally need to reformat the SD card. I just transfer everything to my computer, and then I transfer it back once it's been formatted.

bar1203

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Bad sd card? I've switched between Samsung, htc & lg this year and never had any problems.

Samsung Moment->HTC EVO->EVO LTE->LG G3

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well there's enough other problems, don't think this is the phone for me. Now it won't charge, says use charger and cord that came with the phone, I am. It worked fine Last night, just plugged the note 3 in and its charging just fine.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If you are within your 14 days, I'd take it in to exchange it and give another G3 a shot. I have to say, I really like this phone. I have downloaded the Nova launcher though. It seems to make any phone run smoother. Plus, there are more customization options.