LG G3 - I am Impressed

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Well, I finally made the jump and picked up a white G3 from T-mobile on Tuesday. I am very impressed with this device. I was really on the fence due to me being spoiled from stock Android. My last three phones were all nexus devices (Galaxy nexus, N4 and N5). I played with the GS5, M8 and G3 in the store. The device i came from was the N5. While I still have the N5, I promised not to use it for the next two weeks while I gave the G3 a go. Here are my thoughts:

PROS:
I have experienced NO LAG (So far). Phone is stock with no changes out the box
Screen (Beautiful) I prefer this screen over the over-saturated colors of the GS5. Just MY opinion
Camera is very exceptional. Excellent days shots, night shots could be better. Maybe I need to tweak a bit. (Any ideas?)
UI is great, lots of customizations out of the box. LG did a great job with this while not bogging down performance
I LOVE KNOCK Code!!
Battery is AWESOME!! Stand-by time is just crazy. I used the phone semi-hard for a solid day and a half before it needed to be charged.
Charging is super fast as well
Having a removable back i thought was over hyped but I actually prefer it now. (Battery swapping, adding storage if needed)
Minimal bloat from LG and T-mobile! (T-mobile has only 4 or 5 apps on there which is great)
Lightweight/Good build quality
5.5 inch screen. I thought it would be too big but I really enjoy looking @ web pages and youtube on this thing, amazing.

CONS:
Those annoying tones, lol. Easily fixed by turning off in the settings
Ringtones are terrible too but Zedge took care of that.
Phone is a little slippery but case will take care of that too.

While i'm still getting use to certain things, I think LG did a great job with this device. I really have nothing bad so far to say and as the title said, am impressed. My wife has a note 3 and is considering changing to this. I will continue to play with it during this 14 day period to make sure there are no hiccups before i put the N5 up on ebay.

Side note, I ordered the Supcase from amazon for $12.99. Should be here today. Wanted something minimalistic that added some protection but still showed off the phone. I hate covering up the back of my device. I will post pics when it comes for those who want to see.

Amazon.com: SUPCASE LG G3 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case (Frost Clear/Gray): Cell Phones & Accessories

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That case is underrated. I got it in clear/black for $9.99. Love it, but that frost gray one looks really nice.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk