G3 shattered from 10cm drop??

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
If you look at the screen you can see where it was hit with a point.

Sucks.
My daughter closed the lid on her laptap with a pencil lead fragment.
A flat impact is much easier to handle than a point. The force is not distributed over much area.

My phone was dropped from about six feet up with a basic bumper and screen protector.
I can't tell that it was ever dropped. Even the case and the glass screen protector are fine.

I always put my phones in some kind of case with a screen protector.

realhossam

Banned
Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
well, my LG G3 -just bought it yesterday- fell from about 15 cm, guess what happened? the touch is not working at all!!

Thanks LG, but I will never buy anything from LG again, not even a fridge!

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
well, my LG G3 -just bought it yesterday- fell from about 15 cm, guess what happened? the touch is not working at all!!

Thanks LG, but I will never buy anything from LG again, not even a fridge!

It's not really LG's fault you're not careful with your device...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Remember, "cutting" a diamond is really just tapping a soft iron blade that's sitting on the stone - from a height of about 1cm with a light tap. The harder something is, the more scratch resistant it is, but the easier it breaks. (Try "breaking" gelatin.) Even tempered glass screen protectors break if you hit them right from just a few cm. They just don't spider, they crumble.

The secret to both hard and unbreakable is a case that can take the shock, so the screen doesn't. I've done a couple of nasty things to my Note 3 in an Otterbox Defender. I wouldn't try driving over the case, but it's withstood a couple of things the bare phone would never have survived.

realhossam

Banned
Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, I had HTC, samsung, Sony Xperia before, all fell down from greater hights, might have some scratches, but at least still working!!!
So, I guess it from LG that they added a very weak screen, not my fault.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Hey calm down my friend. We are only talking cell phones. If you look at this and other forums, the G3 does NOT have a higher rate of screen breakage compared to similar Android phones. This is my honest assessment. When my gf had a Samsung S3 in her back pocket, sat down gently and the screen broke, she didn't blame the phone. The difference though between Samsung S 3,4,5 & 6 vs. G3, if you break your Samsung and don't have insurance it's $$$ to fix the screen/digitizer on thephone. With the G3, the screen/digitizer is easily replaced by the owner of the phone for around US$75. LG made the G3 EASY TO REPAIR and I think that is an awesome and overlooked feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

SalemGDU

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me with my og Optimus G but I talked sprint into giving me credit to cover the insurance deductible which is unheard of but I have been with sprint for 5 + years so they were glad to help me when my phone broke on Carpet from my bedstand. Could not believe they did that but considering I have a play with 5 hi end unlimited phones they are great on customer service. I say suck it and they ask how hard. But I love LG nowadays but the digitizer is easily broken for whatever reason... Maybe because they are so slim. BTW I have dropped my lg g3 many times once from our suburban out of my lap onto concrete only left small indent on the edge I picked it up expect the screen to look like your pic but it was fine luckily. NOW I have a OTTER BOX....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma