LG G3 How do you turn off the vibration for Gmail notifications?

acman319

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi all! So I just got my G3 yesterday and I love it! However, I've come across a small problem that I am hoping someone here might be able to help me with. Every time I received a Gmail notification, on either of my 2 Google accounts I have on my phone, it vibrates despite the Gmail settings showing that vibration is off. Any thoughts? Thanks!

LOOMfreek

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do you turn off the vibration for Gmail notifications?

I had the same issue.

Go into your phone settings > General > Email > Email Settings > If you have more than one account setup, click on the account you want to turn off notifications > scroll down to the Notification Settings.

You'll find check boxes for sound and notification. Or you can turn notifications off.

acman319

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I just looked and I under Phone Settings > General there is no Email option. My phone is vibrating when I get a notification from the Gmail app, not the stock Email app. I checked the Gmail settings and the vibrate option is unchecked yet it still vibrates. I'm still at a loss on this one...

acman319

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I just looked and I under Phone Settings > General there is no Email option. My phone is vibrating when I get a notification from the Gmail app, not the stock Email app. I checked the Gmail settings and the vibrate option is unchecked yet it still vibrates. I'm still at a loss on this one...

acman319

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I had the same issue.

Go into your phone settings > General > Email > Email Settings > If you have more than one account setup, click on the account you want to turn off notifications > scroll down to the Notification Settings.

You'll find check boxes for sound and notification. Or you can turn notifications off.

ellisroy

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site

The OP didn't explain this properly. You have to have another email address that isn't google. Open app drawer > email > open. If you only have gmail you can't do squat. No settings, nothing. You must set up another non Google account. Now to question that was asked. I've been to gmail app (no notification options) sounds in phone menu (nothing) my launcher, in wanam, etc. I would also like to know the answer cause I miss my audible notification

Verizon gs4 rooted and still learning

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

If all you have is gmail, you just turn off vibration in the Gmail settings, as Cervantes said. There's no mystery here and no need to add any other email apps or accounts. In Android, always look in the app's settings to do things like this. Unlike iOS, Android doesn't really centralize these kinds of settings.

Open Gmail.
Tap on the hamburger menu at top left.
Scroll down and tap Settings
Tap the account you want to change the settings for
Tap Inbox sound and vibrate
Uncheck Vibrate, turn on sound, whatever.

Easy peasy.

Ezra Patel

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site

I went to google plus app...settings..notifications....click off vibrate.....google plus takes over gmail account...go in there disable vibrations

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae