Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Does the LG G3 stock SMS app suck?

ya i don't care for the stock sms either on my g3. i tried textra for about 4 days didn't like it i too felt it drained the battery. i tried go-sms-pro for a week and i like it alot but the ads drove me nuts and i wasn't going to pay $18.99 ... chomp is was good first few days had issues with it not sending sms or receiving them.
    i am currently using google messenger with heads up notification app and love it. been using it for a week now no noticeable battery drain . downside its not very customizable . after i get my update for 5.0 well have too see how the sms then... hope i could help

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    I haven't tried google messenger, what do you like about it? I just switched back to hangouts for now.
    I like the material design and when I tap to open it... It pops up instantly (vs stock). Also you can attach a photo and convert to MMS after starting a text SMS unlike hangouts (unless it's changed recently)

Posted via the Android Central App
    Technified likes this.

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7107 View Post
    ya i don't care for the stock sms either on my g3. i tried textra for about 4 days didn't like it i too felt it drained the battery. i tried go-sms-pro for a week and i like it alot but the ads drove me nuts and i wasn't going to pay $18.99 ... chomp is was good first few days had issues with it not sending sms or receiving them.
    i am currently using google messenger with heads up notification app and love it. been using it for a week now no noticeable battery drain . downside its not very customizable . after i get my update for 5.0 well have too see how the sms then... hope i could help
    Followed the same path and using Google message and heads up also.

Yep

I really like this one but i have a problem with it, every time i receive a message the application stops, "unfortunately mesagerie has stoped" smth like this. Does anyone knows how to fix that ? I really like it....

Posted from Lg G3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Does the LG G3 stock SMS app suck?-28614.jpg  

I know this is an old thread but. Has anyone experienced the font size increasing on its own in the messages?

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but. Has anyone experienced the font size increasing on its own in the messages?

You might have accidentally zoomed in. You can adjust it by pinching or zooming while using the stock messages app.

I liked the stock app before downdated to Lollipop. Now it won't download pictures sent to a group, mms issue I guess. I liked the stock app because i could send a video that was almost a minute long. With Textra and chomps I might get 10 seconds of video but mms will download. Hopefully there's a fix in the works for stock. T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    Does it?

Sent from my 20266 using Tapatalk
    Yes, it sucks! IMO all the LG apps suck. And they look like crap to boot!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234