Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Default Does LightFlow work for you?

I'm trying to set up lightflow but it doesn't seem to be working for me.

When I have notifications in my gmail app on, I get dual / duplicate notifications one uses my default notification sound and another uses lightflow... though without the gamil notifications on, no notifications get synced to my notification bar and therefore the lightflow app doesn't go off and that means I get no notifications except from Missed It or Tesla Unread (depending on which one I am using, right now Telsa Unread).

I tested all of my notifications before trying to figure out why I was getting dual / duplicate notifications and I am happy with what I have.

Anyone else have this issue?

I've looked at the FAQ to the point where I've read every question and none answers any of my questions... besides the dual / duplicate notifications.

My question is: Does the same thing that is happening to me happen to you? Aka do you get dual notifications OR no notifications for a particular app?

This is really bugging me because I know it works but Idk what I am doing wrong.

Sent from my p7-1534 using Tapatalk
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

Default Re: Does LightFlow work for you?

Light Flow doesn't work for me. Light Manager did tho.

Posted via Android Central App

Doesn't seem 100% working for the Verizon G3 yet. Stock capabilities satisfy my needs, though. For now.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

I can't get the dual notifications to stop. If I turn off the notifications I don't get any from either application (stock or light flow)

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DudeThatsErin View Post
    I can't get the dual notifications to stop. If I turn off the notifications I don't get any from either application (stock or light flow)

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything.
    You need to have notifications turned on (accessibility >notification "on", then hit notification led bar (the one that you just turned the button on for), on the next screen, uncheck all buttons EXCEPT downloaded apps.
    I had a lot of trouble getting lightflow to work, but it does now. I did have to go into app manager, wipe cache/data and start from scratch after playing with so many settings, but now it is running smoothly.
    Hope this helps you.
    lg g3, verizon
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by tmord1 View Post
    You need to have notifications turned on (accessibility >notification "on", then hit notification led bar (the one that you just turned the button on for), on the next screen, uncheck all buttons EXCEPT downloaded apps.
    I had a lot of trouble getting lightflow to work, but it does now. I did have to go into app manager, wipe cache/data and start from scratch after playing with so many settings, but now it is running smoothly.
    Hope this helps you.
    lg g3, verizon
    Did that. Turned off the notification in GMail and doesn't notify me... Turned the GMail notifications back on and now I get notifications but the LED isn't the color I chose and there is no noise now...

I'm not sure what you meant by this section:
    on the next screen, uncheck all buttons EXCEPT downloaded apps.
    There is only that one on/off button screen for me and no next screen.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeThatsErin View Post
    There is only that one on/off button screen for me and no next screen.
    In Settings, under display, where you see Notification LED and the on/off switch - if you tap on the text "Notification LED" it should open a new screen with the options to select.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by mhunter6378 View Post
    In Settings, under display, where you see Notification LED and the on/off switch - if you tap on the text "Notification LED" it should open a new screen with the options to select.
    Found that and did that.

Testing my GMail notification doesn't even work. No LED, noise or anything and my volume is up to 100% and I set an LED for LightFlow and under the settings turned it on.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

I got it working by disabling and re-enabling the notification but now I am still getting double notification sounds.

If I disable the gmail notification I will not be notified at all... so, how do I fix this?

Set the Gmail notification sound to Silent.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Set the Gmail notification sound to Silent.
    That seems annoying to have to do that for all of my applications...
    Twitter started using two notification sounds as well.. I can't imagine what the others are like...

*sigh*
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Worked. Set my default notification sound to silent. :P