Game compatibility issues...

Beka27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
It's stupid, I know, but i like to kill some time playing games on my phone. I recently got into Bubble Witch Saga 2 on my previous phone. I tried to DL it on my new G3 but i keep getting a " device not compatible " error message.

Sent an email to the devs. No response. Left a review asking for help. No response.

I visited the website and i found this little blurb regarding compatibility issues:

" Android devices:

Bubble Witch Saga 2 runs on Android devices that fulfill the following criteria:

- Own a processor built on ARMv7 architecture
- Support OpenGL ES 2.0
- Support a 320x480 resolution or higher
- Run on Android OS 2.2 or higher "

Can anyone tell me if one of these apply to the G3? It's a brand-new phone, i can't understand it being unable to play a game that my 2 year old S3 could handle...

I'm not rooted, if that helps. Is there something I need to change in the settings? I'm not familiar with the first two items in the list. Obviously, the resolution and OS isn't the issue.

TIA :)

Beka27

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't play dragonplay texas hold em either

Posted via Android Central App

This is frustrating. Like i said, i know it's just a dumb game, but a good way to pass some time...

This is what the play store page says... Big black banner at the top.

Attachments

• 1406861531537.jpg
    1406861531537.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 46

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Its a dumb but fun game, I understand that you are annoyed.

But the funny thing is that even super serious and hardcore games are unsupported too!

Need for speed - that was like 5 dollars, Dead space - also, both of the Rayman games are unsupported and can't download the thing we played for...

Wrote to the developers but no response, just "Its not supported yet, maybe in the future."

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Has this not to do with the resolution or DPI? Something like Google Play will block apps which are incompatible with your DPI?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
It could be different things for different apps. Like the MS OneNote being blocked for identifying the G3 as a tablet. Or resolution issues. Or the firmware.. Developers are all different and all have separate reasons for compatibility issues.

Since the G3 is becoming a popular flagship, I would guess the developers are looking to fulfill that compatibility.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
can you guys see if real racing 3, dead trigger, dead space and marvel avengers alliance are compatible?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Beka,

I'm not sure if its available there but you can try the Amazon app store. Thats how I managed to get the Amazon store app on my G3 even though it wasn't compatible on my device through the play store. Give it a try!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969