Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: App support lacking on LG G3

I'm sure support will start when other flagship phones start offering QHD. It's just a matter of time.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Add Redbox to the list

Sent via Tapatalk on my LG G3

Quote Originally Posted by WordPainter View Post
    And the apps would have probably looked like crap, just like the apps from the lazy developers who won't update their apps to be optimized for the iPad look. Sure they zoom but they are all fuzzy and pixelated. Facebook is the worst offender. They refuse to optimize their new apps (Mentions, Paper) for iPads.
    (I know I'm replying weeks later)

I realize it'd look bad, but I may argue it's better to have the app working in some way, than not have it at all. Could even have a disclaimer saying "This app isn't meant for this resolution, so it may look funny", as QHD is just 4x the resolution square, it should translate without border bars afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbob1016 View Post
    (I know I'm replying weeks later)

I realize it'd look bad, but I may argue it's better to have the app working in some way, than not have it at all. Could even have a disclaimer saying "This app isn't meant for this resolution, so it may look funny", as QHD is just 4x the resolution square, it should translate without border bars afaik.
    exactly...poor resolution is better than not working. I'm very annoyed. If I knew about the lack of app support....I would not have bought the device. I've gotten many of the apk's sideloaded....and they work just fine. Replies like, "I'm sure the developer will update soon" are not useful at all. How are you so sure? I shouldn't have to wait for an update.....LG should have built in app compatibility. We all bash apple, and for good reason in some cases, but this is where fragmentation of Android screws us. When the apk from my S4 can be sideloaded and works on my g3, why can't I get from google play exactly?

The G3 does have an adreno so...

Starbucks - just read about the update thought I would update but alas it's not showing up in my search results. When I followed link from android central it says not compatible. Very annoying.

Also how do you contact app developer if app doesn't show up on the store to ask the question?

Thx

Posted via Android Central App

With the Note 4 coming out in a few weeks at QuadHD, I think you'll see app developers updating their apps more rapidly.
    Jaylw09 likes this.

I just traded "up" I thought from the HTC M8, I'm very disappointed that I cannot access the Starbucks app or the HTC Sense TV app. I am using a G3 on t mobile and I don't know how to "side load" or use the APK----can anyone help so I can load these 2 apps? I need the HTC Sense app as no other IR app I've found will work with my Yamaha receiver.

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    ESPN, Amazon, Redbox & others can be downloaded/installed from the Amazon app store. Here's the link to the apk:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/get/and...idcentral00-20

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
    Bless this post!

I just got an LG G3 a week ago and have been seeing quite a few incompatibility issues with apps via the Playstore. Was thinking of returning the phone, to be honest, until I saw this post. Tried all the incompatible apps via Amazon app store and they downloaded, no questions asked. Seems the Playstore is a bit judgmental?? :P Thanks for this tip!

Alot of mobile banking apps wont work , wont even let me download saying its not compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Rokkos View Post
    Really missing ESPN Sportcenter as well. Doesn't seem like you can download the app at all. Saw some posts where you can add an alternative early version and someone mentioned you can get it off the Amazon App store. But seems like something that they would work out fairly quickly. I was a little nervous about going to the G3 from the Nexus, particularly about getting 5.0 or Android L someday...Hoping that delays on apps aren't another factor where LG doesn't have the market share and clout to get other parties to move.
    I just downloaded Espn sports centre to my LG G3 No probs!

Posted via the Android Central App

The lgg3 has an arena 330 gpu

Posted via the Android Central App

The G3 does have an Adreno GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by DrExK View Post
    That's why I try to stick with phones with famous GPU like tegra and adreno ...

Lol didn't realize this is an old thread. Looks like I anyway commented about the G3 having an Adreno GPU a month ago haha. I've also never had a problem with app compatibility but I didn't get my phone until the end of August

Global Posts
    820 Global Posts

Make sure you contact the developer to let them know. I already had one game (Talisman) where I contacted them and they responded that they were unaware of the problem. Two days later they patched it to support LG3.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123