App support lacking on LG G3

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Well so far I've noticed a few apps not "compatible" with the LG G3. Apps like Office365, Heads UP, Credit Karma, etc all give this error.

I know no one knows the answer but typically how long do you guys think this will take?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
That's up to the developers. They individually have to update their apps for the QHD resolution

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Really missing ESPN Sportcenter as well. Doesn't seem like you can download the app at all. Saw some posts where you can add an alternative early version and someone mentioned you can get it off the Amazon App store. But seems like something that they would work out fairly quickly. I was a little nervous about going to the G3 from the Nexus, particularly about getting 5.0 or Android L someday...Hoping that delays on apps aren't another factor where LG doesn't have the market share and clout to get other parties to move.

Amy Schwarz

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm seriously missing my Photoshop Touch and the watch Disney Junior app for my toddler. I wish they'd hurry up! Lol

Posted via Android Central App

RenoD2010

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The two apps I can't use, Quickpic and ES File Explorer, are because of Kit Kat, not the G3 itself. All the other apps I used on my LG Optimus G work on this phone, and work faster and look better.

Posted via Android Central App with my LG G3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The two apps I can't use, Quickpic and ES File Explorer, are because of Kit Kat, not the G3 itself. All the other apps I used on my LG Optimus G work on this phone, and work faster and look better.

I'm using ES File Explorer on KK. Is it a certain feature that doesn't work or just the app in general?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site

I'm using Quickpic on mine just fine (AT&T G3).

Posted via Android Central App

the_newnormal

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
The ones I had issue with (onenote and office) I was able to install from an apk successfully. Makes me think it's the playstore compatibility check that needs updating; at least for those two.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Dead Space
Need for Speed
Rayman Jungle - and Fiesta run
Are not working too. Its super abboyibg since we played for them and can't use - without any proper reason. They are working nice from installing the apk.

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with Waze? It appears to be fine on mine. Granted I just logged in and didn't do much else.

It's having issues rendering the road map.... Lots of blank spots, etc. You'll be in the middle of nothing at times.

anon(5373819)

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's why I try to stick with phones with famous GPU like tegra and adreno ...

What? The LG G3 is using Adreno. It has the snapdragon 801 with Adreno 330. Same Adreno as the Nexus 5. Its the same as the Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2