Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will an AT&T LG G3 work with Verizon's LTE network, or should I get the Sprint version?

So I might buy an AT&T contract LG G3 for $99.99, and pay the early termination fee to get it for cheaper than if I bought it unlocked.

After doing all that would my Verizon sim card work on the LG G3? Yeah the sim card came with my One M8 when I signed into a contract for that.

I'd get a Verizon G3, but I don't like what they did with the bottom bezel for the black version.

Someone told me that the Sprint and Verizon versions share bands while AT&T and Verizon doesn't, but according to this Verizon and AT&T share bands while Sprint and Verizon don't share LTE bands.

List of LTE networks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Default Re: Will an AT&T LG G3 work with Verizon's LTE network, or should I get the Sprint version?

No, Verizon will not allow that phone's ESN on their network. You will not be able to activate it.

Default Re: Will an AT&T LG G3 work with Verizon's LTE network, or should I get the Sprint version?

From what I understand, the Sprint and AT&T versions would both come locked; so to answer your question, no, neither of them would work. Verizon is the only carrier that sells factory unlocked devices. You'd be better off buying the Verizon version and getting a replacement front and installing it yourself. I don't know how hard that would be on a G3, though.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by JakePleasants View Post
    Verizon is the only carrier that sells factory unlocked devices. You'd be better off buying the Verizon version and getting a replacement front and installing it yourself. I don't know how hard that would be on a G3, though.
    Well, that's one thing Verizon does that's actually good for customers. That sounds like a fun project though, but taking apart phones sounds a lot harder than noodling around with PCs.

EDIT: But can't I get phones unlocked now that its legal?
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.