Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is the quick circle case worth it?

Anyone got this case and any thoughts and opinions?

Also how good is it as a case?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Is the quick circle case worth it?

Not for me. Flip cases are a hindrance more than anything. Plus the flap not having a magnet or whatever to stay closed is a huge annoyance for me.

I love mine. The flap is just extra protection for me and the fact that out doesn't have a closure is good for me as I don't like to fumble with opening it. I love the circle effect, but do wish there were more apps that worked in it. I like it overall.

geekaren likes this.

I will be getting the circle case with qi charging next week. I had the quick window case for my G2 and I found that while the flap can be a problem, it kept it from spontaneous button presses while in the pocket.
    willis1110 likes this.

I work construction and the flap would be more like a dirt wallet for me lol

If the price came down I would consider it. Imo for the price it doesn't offer that much of an advantage over a conventional case. The animations on the circle case do look nice tho

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I got one for a birthday present otherwise I would have had a hard time dropping $60 on a case

Sent via Tapatalk on my LG G3

Quote Originally Posted by aandrew610 View Post
    If the price came down I would consider it. Imo for the price it doesn't offer that much of an advantage over a conventional case. The animations on the circle case do look nice tho
    Like mine. Don't love it. Was prices wrong at ATT store for $12.50 with the PMA charging and everything. Now if I could just get a hold of a compatible mat.

Casewise it adds a little protection on the corners and the screen. Except the circle. Adds very little bulk and has a nice texture.

I,was able to order it on here for 37 dollars. It's out of stock but for 37 I figured ilk try it. I wouldn't pay 60 for it. Though.

Not that I'm a fan of them but it's also overpriced.

Pro S5

Had one for my G2 and the novelty wore off in a week. I keep my phone well protected so it was redundant and got in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by booboolala2000 View Post
    Like mine. Don't love it. Was prices wrong at ATT store for $12.50 with the PMA charging and everything. Now if I could just get a hold of a compatible mat.

Casewise it adds a little protection on the corners and the screen. Except the circle. Adds very little bulk and has a nice texture.

Amazon had powermat chargers, so glad or double, for 5-20. I got one double and two singles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

These types of cases make me feel like I need a screen protector just for the flap & any debris that gets it traps.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    I work construction and the flap would be more like a dirt wallet for me lol

I can see that happenin'. I would still keep a glass SP on it for that reason.

I found the quick window to be useful enough to buy the quick circle case....especially the qi charging one. Yeah it's expensive but I have to keep this phone for like.....ever.

I find that keeping my phone in pocket with a regular case, it registers button presses when I get a call and using BT. With the QW case on my G2, that ended. Plus, if I got a call I could answer it without opening the case and all the sweat from my face didn't all over the screen.

I wish they had qi charging backs readily available. I know....ebay...but I don't use a CC. I only use debit, and my debit card won't let me purchase anything out of the country. So this is my setup......USB qi charging receiver from Amazon ($12), Spigen gunmetal slim armor case ($16), and a Spigen 0.2mm tempered glass SP ($26). For now it's a great setup and works for me till I get the QC case.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    Amazon had powermat chargers, so glad or double, for 5-20. I got one double and two singles.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app
    Could you please post the links?

Thanks!

Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Does the camera lense show through the hole when the case is open? It would seem silly if I had to let the flap hang down to take a picture.

Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by jneusch View Post
    Does the camera lense show through the hole when the case is open?
    Yes. Yes it does.

Mav.
    jneusch likes this.

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I found the quick window to be useful enough to buy the quick circle case....especially the qi charging one. Yeah it's expensive but I have to keep this phone for like.....ever.

I find that keeping my phone in pocket with a regular case, it registers button presses when I get a call and using BT. With the QW case on my G2, that ended. Plus, if I got a call I could answer it without opening the case and all the sweat from my face didn't all over the screen.

I wish they had qi charging backs readily available. I know....ebay...but I don't use a CC. I only use debit, and my debit card won't let me purchase anything out of the country. So this is my setup......USB qi charging receiver from Amazon ($12), Spigen gunmetal slim armor case ($16), and a Spigen 0.2mm tempered glass SP ($26). For now it's a great setup and works for me till I get the QC case.
    Can you post pictures of your setup? I am curious about the qi receiver.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Quick circle case is good for G3. Not only protect your phone, but also has many features, no need to open the case to use these functions: camera (open and take a shot), answer and make a call from log, read new SMS, play music, see weather forecast, many kinds of clock, watch LG health (your steps). You buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by drbol View Post
    Can you post pictures of your setup? I am curious about the qi receiver.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Sure. I'll do it as soon as I can for ya.

After a week with the wireless version I took it off. Great case, cool features but a little cumbersome for me trying to use the phone. The flap just seemed to get in the way when trying to do day to day tasks. I also almost dropped my phone while folding the flap back.... Whew!
    The other issue was that it was an awkward fit trying to put it in my wireless car dock. I had to flip the cover back and it never sat right.
    So yesterday I removed the Qi receiver from the circle case and attached it to the stock cover. A relatively easy conversion as long as you use a hair dryer to loosen the adhesive. I can see people having issues if they don't do this. Put the Seidio cover back on and back in business. Works great and no more fumbling around with that flap!

I just noticed earlier this week that Amazon now has a variety of circle cases at lower prices than the LG. Reviews there vary as to quality but it might be worth looking at those as other options.

Quote Originally Posted by rchusid View Post
    I just noticed earlier this week that Amazon now has a variety of circle cases at lower prices than the LG. Reviews there vary as to quality but it might be worth looking at those as other options.
    I put one of the Fintie Quick Circle cases sourced from Amazon on my G3 several weeks ago and I continue to like it. There's no option for wireless charging, but if you want to see if the Quick Circle interface is good for you, these are a cheap way to find out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast